Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 10:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by big al
I hate be the guy that rains on the parade, but I feel a need to clear something that's been bothering me. I realize that with the advent of the new turbo feature of v200 (which I have) that a whole new aspect of tuning is available, but I feel that putting a delay at .2 isn't gonna help win the race. I have had many close races in a competitive track and never once did it occur to me that I needed a .3 second faster turbo. It seems absurd. It does occur to me that I could adjust my camber or gearing, these are the things that give that extra edge. The new turbo feature is turning into the new crutch. I'm waiting to see who's gonna ask what the delay should be with a 50c battery. A .3 quicker delay isn't gonna get you a podium finish, one less bobble might. We may eventually get that feature into the general public, but guess what? The fast guys are always gonna be faster because of set-up and smooth driving. I'm now getting off of the soap box. Let it rain--Al
So true. Mike Dumas ran almost 1.0 sec delay in Vegas. Hands up everyone who thinks they could beat Mike if they had 0.2 sec delay available? Thought not...
Old 10-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
So true. Mike Dumas ran almost 1.0 sec delay in Vegas. Hands up everyone who thinks they could beat Mike if they had 0.2 sec delay available? Thought not...
Well, sometimes we have to try to be sure right? Its a part of the hobby for us to keep trying different setups, whether it works or not. At least now we know for sure what the shorter delay does instead of having endless debates about it.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
I have to disagree, we are running foam 13.5 TC on a small track. The straight is about 65 feet. The .5 delay is to long for this size of a track. The .2 will be perfect for our track. I am looking forward to using it. BTW we race with the current ROAR 13.5 foam Champion and the IIC Champion, we need a little help to catch him
You may want to consider that some tracks that are too small do not require turbo. I believe Randy Stated that a few pages back, but in a far more eloquent manner. If your straight is that short I would gear for top speed at 3/4 of said straight without turbo at all. At worst case, drop your gearing so that you can hit the turbo earlier in the straight. (pick that champs brain!)

We have a pretty good sized track in Tacoma,wa. I want to say it's about a 90' straight. I'm actually considering not even using the turbo at all. I gear for the in field plus a hair higher and drive as best as I can to maximize corner speed and exit speed.

If I had a national champ at my local track, I'd be his new best friend faster than .2 seconds

Last edited by big al; 10-15-2009 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Wrong adjective!
Old 10-15-2009, 11:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

How are these motors for running in TC. I'm in the market for a motor and speedo. I've already decided I want the Tekin RS Pro, but I'm a little stuck on the motor part. There are to many to choose from. So any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big al
If I had a national champ at my local track, I'd be his new best friend faster than .2 seconds
If you're racing at Fantasy World then you do have some National Champions that race there and Some TCS champs as well.

Steve
Old 10-16-2009, 03:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by komkit
When you said "lowred boost". what boost was it?

Also when you said "Boost is now 4". What boost was it?

Often time when people says "Boost" I got confused, not sure what people meant "Timing Boost" or "Turbo Boost".

Maybe the next version Tekin should come up with other function name so dumb dumb like me can distinguished between the two.

Until today I still not quite understand how these Timing Boost and Turbo boost mean.

But let me see if I get this right.

If I set my actual motor timing to 10, Timing Boost to 20 and Turbo Boost to 10. Is this mean when I hit a full throttle my motor will actually running at 30 degrees timing then .5 sec later when Turbo Boost kicked in I will be running my motor in the total of 40 degrees timing??
I started with about 10 Boost.
I lowered the Timing Boost because I don't want to much timing when the Turbo kicks in.
When this happens your car will first stop accelerating and than it feels like the Turbo kicking in later.

Boost is timing boost
and Turbo is Turbo boost.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
If you're racing at Fantasy World then you do have some National Champions that race there and Some TCS champs as well.

Steve
I just looked at the Sizzler results and there were 4 ROAR national champions, 2 TCS National Champions plus about 4 others that have made appearances in the A at national events. I guess they are hard to find
Old 10-16-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
ahh, dumas ain't so fast!!! he is afraid of running 1/12 right now because he is the slowest on the track. lol

luv ya Mike!!!

Last edited by theisgroup; 10-16-2009 at 07:40 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
this is a little off topic but is any one using a t2oo7,i would like a starting point for gearing 64p 17.5
I have my 17.5 at 4.90, 0* on the motor, 15* Timing boost on the ESC, Turbo boost at 20 with a .7 sec delay. It takes my car that long to wind out completely before turbo is needed or would be a benefit. In my case, the last 30 feet of a 90 foot straight. My temps are in the 140 to 150 range. You could easily gear the car into the low 5s for FDR and see no performance drop on a small track. In fact your times might improve if its real tight and you need more infield punch.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CarlosG.
Does the v200 come with the latest build of the software that I can download from Tekin? I just want to know due to the fact I just got my RS today and I want to put that version in it. any help on this would be gratefully appreciated.
carlos,

here is vegas 200
http://www.rctech.net/forum/6476509-post7588.html

here is my setup at Mike's on the track layout you guys ran the last time you were there.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/6476627-post445.html

my guess is that you will need to put some teeth on the pinion from this and I would still keep the delay at least at .5 if not higher. your track is soo big that you will gear up and then you want to let the motor spool up before you kick the timing up in the motor so that you get full speed out of the motor about 3/4 down you long back straight.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by corallyman

Steve
I need to stop being such a hermit!
Old 10-16-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ChadB.
How are these motors for running in TC. I'm in the market for a motor and speedo. I've already decided I want the Tekin RS Pro, but I'm a little stuck on the motor part. There are to many to choose from. So any help would be greatly appreciated.
Any opinions on these Tekin motors?
Old 10-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadB.
Any opinions on these Tekin motors?
what are the classes that are in your area
Old 10-16-2009, 12:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I just upgraded the firmware on my RS to V200 and now all LEDs are dimly lit. I tried resettings the ESC by pushing the inc and mode buttons but it didn't help. I can't downgrade the firmware because my hotwire won't even recognize that the ESC is plugged in. Any other tips to revive it or do I need to send it back to Tekin?
Old 10-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
what are the classes that are in your area
The classes that are being ran are 17.5 and 13.5 using for a rubber tire car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.