R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-13-2009, 09:22 AM   #7546
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,582
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter79rs View Post
I've never seen the Hotwire used by it self, I've only seen with it a RS/RSpro when its been used which is how I got my Hotwire and 1st RS.
I've seen them used for $30.00. Its not very often that they go separately though. Might as well knuckle under and buy one if you need it.
__________________
John Higgins former student of The Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driving School. The "Team Principal".
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:42 AM   #7547
Tech Master
 
padailey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Council Bluffs, IA
Posts: 1,603
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-ProSpeed View Post
Guys,

Does anyone here have a good setup for the RS/RS PRO using a 21.5 BL using the version V200
I'll be racing at The Track "Mimi's" in MD
Also a good starting point for the FDR would help a lot

Thanks in advance...
I've been running mine around 10-15 boost/max turbo/0-5 motor/.5 delay/30-35 drag brake geared 5.4-5.5 coming off around 145 degrees. 5.2 would probably be ok but check your temps a lot at that FDR. My buddy runs 20 boost/max turbo/0 motor @ 5.7 FDR. Not sure what his exact temps are but I think its around 130. Both run similar lap times. The FDR on both are pretty conservative so you could lower the FDR a little on either setup and I think you'd be ok.
__________________
www.hobbyplexraceway.com

Tamiya TRF417X (Lion's Automotive GTR)
Tamiya TRF416X
Tamiya F104W MP6/4 converted to F104X1 (Renault R30)
padailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:59 PM   #7548
Tech Master
 
RC-ProSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by padailey View Post
I've been running mine around 10-15 boost/max turbo/0-5 motor/.5 delay/30-35 drag brake geared 5.4-5.5 coming off around 145 degrees. 5.2 would probably be ok but check your temps a lot at that FDR. My buddy runs 20 boost/max turbo/0 motor @ 5.7 FDR. Not sure what his exact temps are but I think its around 130. Both run similar lap times. The FDR on both are pretty conservative so you could lower the FDR a little on either setup and I think you'd be ok.
Thanks a lot!
__________________
RCRNV (www.rcrnv.com) / *Keep On-Road alive!*
- Nitro Touring - Kyosho EVO 2 WC
- Electric - TC6 (Out of the Box! No upgrades needed)
- F1 - F103RM (Out of the Box! No upgrades needed)
RC-ProSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:27 PM   #7549
Tech Fanatic
 
wolfman864's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Salem, Or
Posts: 770
Send a message via AIM to wolfman864 Send a message via Yahoo to wolfman864
Default

Got my problem fixed, I forgot about that stupid hiddin program you need to delete before upgrading.
__________________
You can get a lot done with a really big gun
If ya want to race after 9pm, take it to KMart!!!
Team Convoy and proud driver of the Battle Wagon!!!!
Somebody call Amber Lamps!!!
wolfman864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:09 AM   #7550
Tech Master
 
sohlman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Outside NYC
Posts: 1,739
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Is there any performance gain/difference between the RS and RS Pro when running 17.5 or 13.5?
__________________
Steve Sohl
sohlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:15 AM   #7551
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: All 48 states...
Posts: 2,053
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohlman View Post
Is there any performance gain/difference between the RS and RS Pro when running 17.5 or 13.5?

Nope
__________________
Schuurspeed / Aero-model / Gear One / LG1
www.OHRCR.com
Gitsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:31 AM   #7552
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

but pro has double the amount of fets on RS
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:49 AM   #7553
Tech Master
 
picco007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: TX.
Posts: 1,814
Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to picco007 Send a message via Yahoo to picco007
Default Tekin Hotwire on Mac

Just FYI for you mac fans that are able to run windows in your machines

I got my Macbook to run my Hotwire through VMware with xp sp2 on it. I asked this a while back, after reading a bit I found that it could work. So IT WORKS! Many here on the boards told me to use boot camp and I didn't want to redo the computer to run windows through boot camp. Everything works fine and I used it this past weekend without any problems.
__________________
EA Motorsports
picco007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:04 AM   #7554
Tech Master
 
sohlman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Outside NYC
Posts: 1,739
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by picco007 View Post
Just FYI for you mac fans that are able to run windows in your machines

I got my Macbook to run my Hotwire through VMware with xp sp2 on it. I asked this a while back, after reading a bit I found that it could work. So IT WORKS! Many here on the boards told me to use boot camp and I didn't want to redo the computer to run windows through boot camp. Everything works fine and I used it this past weekend without any problems.
Cool. Now we just need a Hotwire app for iPhones and/or smart phones.
__________________
Steve Sohl
sohlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:41 AM   #7555
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

I tested on a small indoor track several setups with the Tekin RS Pro and a 10,5T LRP X11 with lipo.
I started with 18 Boost and lowered it to 15 Boost.
Kept full Turbo with a delay of 0,8Sec.
After some testing I got with the following setup my fastest lap.
Boost 5
Turbo max
Turbo delay 0,8
6,45FDR

The other driver with the Tekin RS Pro used the following setup.
Boost 18
Turbo Max
Turbo delay 0,8
6,6FDR

We drive both a TOP Photon, TOP 5000 28C Lipo's, VTEC30 tires.
The only 2 things that are different are our radio and the car body.
Setup on the car was almost the same.
My fastest lap was 10,660sec
His fastest lap was 10,662sec
So lap times were very close

I'm going to work on my cars setup now, now I now what I must do to go faster. Accelerating the Tekin was the fastest of the day.
I lost still a lot in the corners but it was my first time again indoor and the other drivers train on that layout already for 3 weeks so I now that I will go faster.
Top speed was the same and I don't now if the Turbo kick in on the track but I will try next time 0 Boost and a Turbo delay 0,5sec.

The layout is on the moment not my favorite layout but after the race from 8 November we get an other layout.
We change it after every race. This makes it more fun and each time other drivers are more to the front or back in the field. the A final is mostly the same drivers but on other places. This keeps the championship interesting till the last race. It's always close.

Last year I drove 3 A finals and 2 times the B final. 1 time because I got problems with the car and the last race I was in the B final because I drove for the first time with a spool in stead of a one way.
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:15 AM   #7556
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 649
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
Top speed was the same and I don't now if the Turbo kick in on the track but I will try next time 0 Boost and a Turbo delay 0,5sec.
If you're not seeing the turbo kick in you are probably either overgeared or the Turbo is kicking in too soon. The motor needs to rev out before the turbo kicks in in order to work well. If it kicks in too soon, the motor is just bogging down and heats up faster. (just like shifting a car too soon)

I normally start out without the turbo turned on. I gear for the infield and to get the car to top out about half way down the straight. To set the turbo delay, I've found that using a stop watch to time from full throttle entering the straight to when the car tops out will get the delay close. Shorter delay indoors and longer delay outdoors. For indoors, start low on the Turbo and work up until there is no gain in performance. Full Turbo indoors may not be the best.
Fred_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:34 AM   #7557
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,582
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokemad View Post
but pro has double the amount of fets on RS
And the RS Pro has a higher "on" resistance. One of our local ace drivers went from the Pro to the RS and is good enough to notice the improvement. You do not need a Pro for 17.5 and 13.5.
__________________
John Higgins former student of The Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driving School. The "Team Principal".
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:36 AM   #7558
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred_B View Post
If you're not seeing the turbo kick in you are probably either overgeared or the Turbo is kicking in too soon. The motor needs to rev out before the turbo kicks in in order to work well. If it kicks in too soon, the motor is just bogging down and heats up faster. (just like shifting a car too soon)

I normally start out without the turbo turned on. I gear for the infield and to get the car to top out about half way down the straight. To set the turbo delay, I've found that using a stop watch to time from full throttle entering the straight to when the car tops out will get the delay close. Shorter delay indoors and longer delay outdoors. For indoors, start low on the Turbo and work up until there is no gain in performance. Full Turbo indoors may not be the best.
Well I think that the straight was to short. I drove also without the Turbo and it was the same. The indoor track is very small and the straight is less than 12 meters. I hoped that I could get some turbo by lowering my Boost but the only thing I got was even more acceleration power and a very cool motor.
I will try next time Boost 0 and Turbo delay 0,5 instead of 0,8. It will come in sooner but I think that a 10,5T lipo is to fast to use the Turbo on such a small straight. And I don;t need the Turbo because I have the same top speed.
Acceleration is even faster.
I will try 0 boost with and without Turbo. See what it does.
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:42 AM   #7559
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,582
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
I tested on a small indoor track several setups with the Tekin RS Pro and a 10,5T LRP X11 with lipo.
I started with 18 Boost and lowered it to 15 Boost.
Kept full Turbo with a delay of 0,8Sec.
After some testing I got with the following setup my fastest lap.
Boost 5
Turbo max
Turbo delay 0,8
6,45FDR

The other driver with the Tekin RS Pro used the following setup.
Boost 18
Turbo Max
Turbo delay 0,8
6,6FDR

We drive both a TOP Photon, TOP 5000 28C Lipo's, VTEC30 tires.
The only 2 things that are different are our radio and the car body.
Setup on the car was almost the same.
My fastest lap was 10,660sec
His fastest lap was 10,662sec
So lap times were very close

I'm going to work on my cars setup now, now I now what I must do to go faster. Accelerating the Tekin was the fastest of the day.
I lost still a lot in the corners but it was my first time again indoor and the other drivers train on that layout already for 3 weeks so I now that I will go faster.
Top speed was the same and I don't now if the Turbo kick in on the track but I will try next time 0 Boost and a Turbo delay 0,5sec.

The layout is on the moment not my favorite layout but after the race from 8 November we get an other layout.
We change it after every race. This makes it more fun and each time other drivers are more to the front or back in the field. the A final is mostly the same drivers but on other places. This keeps the championship interesting till the last race. It's always close.

Last year I drove 3 A finals and 2 times the B final. 1 time because I got problems with the car and the last race I was in the B final because I drove for the first time with a spool in stead of a one way.
Mikky, I bet your clearing that long straight about the time the turbo starts to come on. That's a lot of motor for that small of a track. Your settings show your definitely geared right and not out of the torque band of the motor. If anything start dialing the turbo and delay back a little.
__________________
John Higgins former student of The Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driving School. The "Team Principal".
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:43 AM   #7560
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

@john
You better check rs pro specs again
rs=0.0001
rs pro=0.00005 (which is half of the RS)
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin Redline RS Sensored ESC and motors, opinions for offroad? Cain Electric Off-Road 4230 06-07-2015 04:38 PM
Sensored vs. Sensorless lemansracer Electric On-Road 71 02-14-2009 03:19 AM
New Tekin Redline Sensored Motors are Roar Legal! Randy_Pike Electric On-Road 3 08-05-2008 02:08 AM
Tekin Redline Sensored 10.5 HUCKMAN Electric On-Road 6 07-15-2008 08:50 PM
sensored vs sensorless bprocket Rookie Zone 5 05-16-2008 09:38 AM


Tags
v203, vegas 2.0


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:53 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net