Old 09-16-2009, 07:46 AM   #7021
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokemad View Post
I'm just wondering if is that right or not
with fixed timing 13.5T motor
25 timing boost has more Top speed but Less torque than 15-20 timing boost is that right?
Local Carpet Track is really small and technical,tight 6.5 FDR feels ok...
On the other hand Randy Says The target timing should be 30...
I'm a bit confused...
Also What's the bes throttle profile for 13.5T Stock Racing? Some of my friends thinks the most aggressive throttle profile suits the Stock Racing is that Right?
Thanx in advance
This is just my 2 cents...

The higher timing does have more top speed, but it also produces a higher wattage output with less torque (on a dyno).
The 30 timing number is a good starting point, you just need to gear down a few teeth. I've seen higher timing=higher wattage output=a FASTER motor.
Gearing then plays a huge part, heat will be generated quickly if geared wrong.
As for throttle profile, with higher timing I would use #3.
-Wayne
Old 09-16-2009, 07:52 AM   #7022
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam lancia View Post
Along this same line, would I notice a discernible difference between the RS and RS Pro in 10.5 1/12 scale? What about with an 8.5 in an RC10B4? Aside from the Redline motors, are there any others that would be recommended to use? (just in case I can't get a hold of the pair together, this stuff is super pricey in Germany...) Thanks!!!
No difference... I've run both. The Tekin 8.5 in a B4 is very driveable. I ran one last week in my X-Factory X6 Squared and had no problems on a clay track. On a low bite track, no I wouldn't run it. I'd stick with the Tekin in offroad, very smooth power band, great top speed.
-Wayne
Old 09-16-2009, 07:56 AM   #7023
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam lancia View Post
Anyone?
No noticable difference between the RS or RS-Pro in a 1/12 with a 10.5. There may be some benefit in the B4 not in overall performance but in heat dissipation. There is little airflow in the tub of a b4 and with a modified wind you might see lower ESC temps with the RS-Pro.

As for motors I really like the Trinity Duo based motors.

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #7024
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Guys and gals,

Just to be clear, there is no 201 software that was used at Vegas. I did have the ability to lower delay but it was not software that will be handed out to anyone including team drivers.

We're working on a better way to drive overall. I can't comment on how or what at this time for the obvious reasons....

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:45 PM   #7025

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So guys... any idea how I would find what true degree of timing my Orion Vortex V2 10.5 motor is set to? The motor has hash marks on the side wiht a long one in the middle. Anyone know if that is 0 or some pre configured offset like Novak has?

I want to get my RS configuration done but really dont know what timing this motor may have. I didnt know if there was an easy way to figure this out?
Old 09-16-2009, 11:35 PM   #7026
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Motor Timing

Can someone please confirm motor timing for me. I have 12 set on my Tekin17.5, and I race on a very long and very open track.

If I change the timing to 8-10 will that give me less RPM (= more Torque) and therfore more punch?

If I change the timing to 14-16 will that give me more RPM and therfore greater top speed?

Ben
auzzy_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:08 AM   #7027
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by auzzy_mate View Post
Can someone please confirm motor timing for me. I have 12 set on my Tekin17.5, and I race on a very long and very open track.

If I change the timing to 8-10 will that give me less RPM (= more Torque) and therfore more punch?

If I change the timing to 14-16 will that give me more RPM and therfore greater top speed?

Ben
That's correct, in theory. You will need the right gearing as well. The only way to find the correct ratio is to do tests on track. Leave the timing at 10. Then 15 timing boost, max turbo, fdr 5.0. Watch the temps and gear accordingly from there.
cyanyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:09 AM   #7028
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auzzy_mate View Post

Ben

You are correct...
Old 09-17-2009, 12:38 AM   #7029
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee200sx View Post
With wiring the RS for Brushed motors, is there any difference between the two methods indicated on the manual. I'd prefer to wire it to the "forward and reverse" way as it will be easier to switch between brushless and brushed motors as I wish. I don't like the idea of taping into the positive wire of the speedy, and leaving it exposed when not using Brushed motors. I will be only using it in Forward mode only, is this okay. Also as far as settings go what can be adjusted on the speedy for Brushed motors. This is for 540 motor by the way.

Your help is appreciated.
Anyone? Help needed!
bee200sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:58 AM   #7030
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee200sx View Post
Anyone? Help needed!
You can wire it which ever way you want, as long as it was designed to do so.

As for adjustability in brushed mode, there's brakes, drag brakes, push control, neutral range, current limiter... thats it i think.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:35 AM   #7031
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanyde View Post
You can wire it which ever way you want, as long as it was designed to do so.

As for adjustability in brushed mode, there's brakes, drag brakes, push control, neutral range, current limiter... thats it i think.
Cheers Cyanyde. Thanks for the help mate. Appreciate it.
bee200sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:52 AM   #7032
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Tekin RS + Redline 10.5t

Hi

I am getting a Tekin RS and Redline 10.5t motor, what gearing do people recommend as a good starting point?

Ideally what should the temperature of the motor be after each run?

I race a Tamiya TB EVO 4 MS on a small to medium circuit, indoors and on carpet using foam tyres.

Cheers
sm_allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:40 AM   #7033
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm_allen View Post
Hi

I am getting a Tekin RS and Redline 10.5t motor, what gearing do people recommend as a good starting point?

Ideally what should the temperature of the motor be after each run?

I race a Tamiya TB EVO 4 MS on a small to medium circuit, indoors and on carpet using foam tyres.

Cheers
timing boost 15, max turbo 0.5 delay, FDR 7.0 ish. Play around with timing boost & ratio until it suits the track and your driving style. Motor temp should be around 160 but usually cooler. I get up to about 140 and gearing any lower does not necessarily mean faster lap times.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:23 AM   #7034
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Any Tekin gurus

I just bought the FX-r for my F104 Pro. I had been running the RS Pro, but this one is smaller and fits better. The RS Pro was set up to run the silver can motor of the car and did fine.

When I installed the FXR, I have been unable to get it going. When I turn it on, all the lights glow dimly, and the VC button blinks bright red. I have reset everything to the default, set to the settings in the RS Pro and still nothing.

I am running the version 30(?) through the hotwire interface. The steering servo works fine, but I can't get any movement out of the motor, nor any arming beeps for the FXR.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Brian
Bjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:46 AM   #7035
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg View Post
So guys... any idea how I would find what true degree of timing my Orion Vortex V2 10.5 motor is set to? The motor has hash marks on the side wiht a long one in the middle. Anyone know if that is 0 or some pre configured offset like Novak has?

I want to get my RS configuration done but really dont know what timing this motor may have. I didnt know if there was an easy way to figure this out?
If it looks like this on the inside;

Then this is actually 30deg timing, which all the manufactures I've come across of 'Y' wound motors consider 0deg.
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote