R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2009, 10:58 PM   #6406
Tech Elite
 
andrewdoherty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ★Wylie, TX★
Posts: 3,776
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

sedan or pan?
__________________
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"[Driving] Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -T.A. Edison
|◤Hobbywing◢|◤SpeedzoneUSA.com◢|◤Pro-One◢|
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:59 PM   #6407
Tech Regular
 
bretthitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: hollywell
Posts: 284
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

hi people i got a tekin rs esc i was going to put in in my f1 car but now i am heaving second thoughts i am thinking of putting it in my xray 009 i have a speed passion lpf 1.1 in there now i run 10.5 motors would the tekin be better for 10.5 then the speed passion


thanks brett
bretthitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:04 PM   #6408
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,578
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretthitman View Post
hi people i got a tekin rs esc i was going to put in in my f1 car but now i am heaving second thoughts i am thinking of putting it in my xray 009 i have a speed passion lpf 1.1 in there now i run 10.5 motors would the tekin be better for 10.5 then the speed passion


thanks brett
Yes it would. I have a couple of both and prefer the RS.
__________________
John Higgins former student of The Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driving School. The "Team Principal".
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:06 PM   #6409
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,578
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
my tekin comes off the track @ 140 F after 6 minute qual, the ambient
air is 87 F. What's wrong? or is that normal?
Same here and I like it. I haven't come close to overheating the motor or ESC and still have the performance I like.
__________________
John Higgins former student of The Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driving School. The "Team Principal".
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:28 AM   #6410
Tech Regular
 
bretthitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: hollywell
Posts: 284
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

i have herd of people using about 30 mm roll out with these esc in 10.5 class i using a about a 38 mm rollout with the speed passion what sort of rollout are people using with 10.5

thanks brett
bretthitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:37 AM   #6411
Tech Elite
 
SammyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Same here and I like it. I haven't come close to overheating the motor or ESC and still have the performance I like.
thanks , makes me feel a lot better
__________________
Hotbodies USA
SweepRacing USA
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 04:47 AM   #6412
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

hi guys
Hacker 13.5T motor has 0 fix timing ,is that right?
also 25 timeboost and max turbo 0.5 delay , is that settings sounds ok for small tight track
thanx in advance
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:20 AM   #6413
Tech Fanatic
 
Team-RTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: sydney
Posts: 917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Latest Setups:
randy after reading your 17.5 FK05 setup and adding up all timing (motor+boost+turbo) it equals over 50! is this ok? i thought you shouldnt go over 30-35 total? i am running 4.4FDR in my car with 0 on motor, 15 boost and 20 turbo, and the motor is coming off about 55 C.. how hot is your motor after a run at those settings?

Thanks!
__________________
SERPENT | NOVAROSSI | XRAY | TEKIN | FUTABA
Team-RTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:07 AM   #6414
Tech Master
 
cyanyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KL, MY.
Posts: 1,038
Default

0 on motor is most likely 12-15 degrees. When we say 0 on motor, thats +12 to Randy. Its been discussed already over and over.
cyanyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:39 AM   #6415
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team-RTR View Post
randy after reading your 17.5 FK05 setup and adding up all timing (motor+boost+turbo) it equals over 50! is this ok? i thought you shouldnt go over 30-35 total? i am running 4.4FDR in my car with 0 on motor, 15 boost and 20 turbo, and the motor is coming off about 55 C.. how hot is your motor after a run at those settings?

Thanks!
Try it and find out if it works. All in all I am amazed that with the options this speedy has all you guys want to do is throw timing at it! Why not run lower timing settings for motor and boost and have more initial grunt out of the corner? You still have turbo for straight line speed. From my exp too much timing just makes your motor soft so less in the infield should be better (gearing down is not always going to bring back power as the motor then needs to spool up even faster for the same amount of grunt).

Its amusing that all the talk here is about who is fastest at the end of the straights when the only thing that matters in racing is speed over a lap and subsequently the race. Faster is not always fast. Try it and find out for yourself.
__________________
Blade: Andro Treiber H 79g AN
FH: Donic Bluefire M3 Max Blk
BH: Donic Bluefire M2 Max Red
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:49 AM   #6416
Tech Master
 
sportpak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ft Wayne, IN
Posts: 1,314
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
Try it and find out if it works. All in all I am amazed that with the options this speedy has all you guys want to do is throw timing at it! Why not run lower timing settings for motor and boost and have more initial grunt out of the corner? You still have turbo for straight line speed. From my exp too much timing just makes your motor soft so less in the infield should be better (gearing down is not always going to bring back power as the motor then needs to spool up even faster for the same amount of grunt).

Its amusing that all the talk here is about who is fastest at the end of the straights when the only thing that matters in racing is speed over a lap and subsequently the race. Faster is not always fast. Try it and find out for yourself.
Totally agree dude. It's like the golf saying.."Drive for show, putt for doe." Just smile and nod.
__________________
-Tamiya TA05-R - Tamiya M05 - Summit Raceway Ft. Wayne, IN

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:13 AM   #6417
Tech Master
 
cyanyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KL, MY.
Posts: 1,038
Default

That is pretty much the correct and best way to setup the rs esc. I usually get the car dialed in without any turbo at first. Once lap times are lowest possible, which is usually almost as fast as the rest of the field, I'll switch on turbo at MAX settings.
cyanyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:36 AM   #6418
Team Tekin
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,702
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike
Default

My RCGT or 17.5TC setups were on a track that has one of the longest straights out here. Speedworld Raceway was the host of the Reedy Race of Champions. The track has a 165' straigt away with a sweeper proceeding it that could be helf WOT. So you could add that up along with the straight and end up with 200' easy.

I agree with you guys though that often times timing is not the answer. The turbo feature does mean though that for the infield I'm timed out at say 30 degrees...on the straight I can get up to 50.

You can time a motor quite high for maximum rev's BUT if you do this at the wrong time or while the car is still under a large load it's very bad.

My motor is actually at 10 degrees(forget early read). Personally I like a bit of motor timing for the instant snap out of the hole. I gave up nothing to anyone on the track in the infield. This track was just big.

If I were to run on a track that had say a 100' straight away the first thing I'd change is my timing boost, it would come down.

I gear/time for laptimes. At that Speedworld Cup I regularly pulled my Redline 17.5 off the track at 6 minutes at 185. I had no heatsink and no fan blowing on the motor.
__________________
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." Abraham Lincoln

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:54 AM   #6419
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 211
Default

hi guys can someone email me version 200 just formated my pc and lost it.lol

ricky.cop[email protected]

thanks
ricky
prodriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 01:05 PM   #6420
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 156
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
My RCGT or 17.5TC setups were on a track that has one of the longest straights out here. Speedworld Raceway was the host of the Reedy Race of Champions. The track has a 165' straigt away with a sweeper proceeding it that could be helf WOT. So you could add that up along with the straight and end up with 200' easy.

I agree with you guys though that often times timing is not the answer. The turbo feature does mean though that for the infield I'm timed out at say 30 degrees...on the straight I can get up to 50.

You can time a motor quite high for maximum rev's BUT if you do this at the wrong time or while the car is still under a large load it's very bad.

My motor is actually at 10 degrees(forget early read). Personally I like a bit of motor timing for the instant snap out of the hole. I gave up nothing to anyone on the track in the infield. This track was just big.

If I were to run on a track that had say a 100' straight away the first thing I'd change is my timing boost, it would come down.

I gear/time for laptimes. At that Speedworld Cup I regularly pulled my Redline 17.5 off the track at 6 minutes at 185. I had no heatsink and no fan blowing on the motor.
where can we get a view of your setup
mshap33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin Redline RS Sensored ESC and motors, opinions for offroad? Cain Electric Off-Road 4230 06-07-2015 04:38 PM
Sensored vs. Sensorless lemansracer Electric On-Road 71 02-14-2009 03:19 AM
New Tekin Redline Sensored Motors are Roar Legal! Randy_Pike Electric On-Road 3 08-05-2008 02:08 AM
Tekin Redline Sensored 10.5 HUCKMAN Electric On-Road 6 07-15-2008 08:50 PM
sensored vs sensorless bprocket Rookie Zone 5 05-16-2008 09:38 AM


Tags
v203, vegas 2.0


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:46 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net