R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #601
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak View Post
My fault, they said it won't work with Vista64.

I did the uninstall, then I searched Tekin. I found one applications file and a bunch of junk email I get. I deleted all of it, reloaded it and same stuff. I don't know how to use the device manager manually. Should this really be that big of issue?

Let's all get back to the speed control. I'll work on this with Tekin and I'll let you all know when I'm up and working.
If you are running vista x64 you may be out of luck, but ... as a last resort, try this:

Do a google for "virtualbox" and download it. Install it "borrow" a copy of XP from a friend or relative, install it under virtual box, install the drivers for xp in your virtual box, plugin your hotwire and see what you get.

USB is handeled differently in Vista x64 and XP x64 than in the x32. It's more secure and they changed their driver mdoel a little bit to isolate the os from poorly written drivers. They do offer tools to recompile and if you are really enterprising you can hunt down the specific usb controller chip Tekin is using in the Hotwire box and find a generic x64 driver for that and see if you can convince the app to work.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:49 PM   #602
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (100%+)

Tekin rs pros back in stock at www.highvelocityracing.com

$209.99 free shipping!

Team associated, Reedy, schelle racing, Lunsford, Lead finger racing

Last edited by johnny boy; 08-04-2008 at 02:11 PM.
johnny boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #603
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Tekin is working on a 64bit version of the software but there is no timetable for now.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:56 AM   #604
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fpart

If it were available on a mac, it would be great. I hate running bootcamp or parallels!
fpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:15 AM   #605
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default will this work?

hey guys can i use my 55a much more power cap in place of my stock rs pro cap. for brushless mode?anyone know what the amp rating for the stock one that comes with the kit is?,my much more cap gives me more mounting options since i might mount a small fan for the speedo
Old 08-02-2008, 12:32 PM   #606
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The capacitor you use really does work best if it's mounted as close to the speedo as possible. I don't know much about the muchmore caps but you have to be careful that the cap is a low esr cap.

Some of the really high value "supercaps" don't have very low esr values and won' help the speedo run more efficiently. The Tekin caps have a very low esr value and work very well.

I haven't had to mount the tiny little Tekin cap very far away from the speedo even with a fan.
Fred_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:42 PM   #607
Tech Master

Default Help

Hi I really need some help. I just installed a RS PRo in my Cylcone, It was about 1 lap off my normal pace. I don't have a hotwire and my other speed control is a Speed Passion GT. My setup on the Tekin is:

2 for Drag Brake
2 In brake strenght
Current Limiter and neutral width are standard.
5 for Profile(I am using a trinity 10.5)
1 for motor type
1 for voltage cutoff.

The speed control works great just performance is slow for both acceleration and top speed.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:45 PM   #608
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tom when you give it full throttle are all the LEDs flashing on the speedo. Just tring to verify if u are getting full throttle...
Old 08-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #609
Tech Master

Yes the leds flash,
Old 08-03-2008, 08:11 PM   #610
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpart View Post
Hi I really need some help. I just installed a RS PRo in my Cylcone, It was about 1 lap off my normal pace. I don't have a hotwire and my other speed control is a Speed Passion GT. My setup on the Tekin is:

2 for Drag Brake
2 In brake strenght
1 for motor type
1 for voltage cutoff.

The speed control works great just performance is slow for both acceleration and top speed.
Meet me tmrw and i'll hook it up to my computer to be sure you don't have some weird setting on your current limiter or something. I have an extra hotwire too.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:27 PM   #611
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

I have a spare RS Pro with hotwire if anyone is looking for one
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=235394
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:54 AM   #612
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpart View Post

2 for Drag Brake
2 In brake strenght
1 for motor type
1 for voltage cutoff.

I noticed that my current limiter was on the second to last light. I changed that and the motor "sounds" faster. Can't check until next week. I am not sure that this would effect a 10.5 motor though. We'll see. Thanks to Jeff and others who helped. I'll keep you posted!
Old 08-04-2008, 06:12 AM   #613
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

In 10.5 onroad every little bit counts. I'd be surprised if you werent faster.

You should only really need to play with the current limiter in low grip conditions, mod if you are not the best driver or off-road.

If you can get your hands on a hotwire then you also need to crank your timing way up. Not sure what the recommended is but at the very minimum i would start at the recommended setting in the hotwire software.

Once you get the timing cranked, dont be surprised if people start wandering over to you and checking out what you got under the hood.

One other thing, when you crank the timing its gunna work the motor a lot harder so keep an eye on your motor temperature.
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )

Last edited by mangoman; 08-04-2008 at 06:23 AM.
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:10 PM   #614
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (100%+)

sold out.... Hopefully will have them back in stock soon.

Team associated, Reedy, schelle racing, Lunsford, Lead finger racing

Last edited by johnny boy; 08-05-2008 at 10:42 AM.
johnny boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:55 PM   #615
Tech Lord

HELP!

I got my RS today, and spent all night meticulously wiring it up, and getting it ready for testing on Wednesday. It powered up just fine, and calibrated to my radio, no problem. Then, I decided to tune it with Hotwire.

I installed the software as the instructions said, and then connected my ESC. It was detected right away, and showed me the standard settings. I tweaked a few things to my liking, clicked apply settings, and the software crashed saying something about a "communication error." I repeated the process, and got the same results. Rebooted, tried again, same issue. Tried updating the software through Hotwire, and it goes through all the steps, and then crashes at the very end with the communication error.

The problem is, now the ESC won't work. When I power it on, it'll run my servo and ESC, but the LED's don't come on, and there's no throttle. I tried resetting the ESC like the manual says (holding both buttons) and still no luck. :-(

Please tell me it's not bricked? We're way too close to Vegas to deal with trying to get something repaired. I'm gonna be so bummed.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote