R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-14-2009, 11:29 AM   #6061
Tech Elite

Is v200 on the Tekin website?

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:46 AM   #6062
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
If you had an older version of the hotwire software installed on your computer, simply go to your control panel, add/remove programs, and uninstall the Tekin software there. Reboot for good measure... and then install a fresh copy of 200. Vuala.
So finally was able to get v200 on my speedy thank you for your help,I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I'm sure It will be kick ass
kenny myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:49 AM   #6063
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Yes, via Add Remove programs. I had to remove 3.25 to install 3.30 last night. Remember V200 is the ESC firmware version, the desktop app has a different revision number.
Thank you for your help with the v200 software I finally got it to work
kenny myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:10 PM   #6064
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecatts View Post
Hi all....after waiting very patiently for the "v200"........et as per instructions...Im no dummy...And guess what guys...no bakes.....what a joke.......the SPX is heaps better in the brakes...and so is the KO.even the "cheap" 30amp esc out brakes these joke items...so what gives?
I have3 RS Pro's...going cheap..1 still in new-unopened packet..
Pm me..
as you can see..I have given up...
Mike
mike it sounds like this is not a tekin thing but more a user error. you are the only on here that complains of this problem. if this is not a programming thing then its definatly a driver thing. maybe try driving your driving style!!! maybe its they way the track is laid out!!!
Remember this..... Heaven and Hell are really not places, just your state of mind.
JdogL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:19 PM   #6065
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecatts View Post
I have..
Cheap RS pro's
How cheap? I'll take them all. RS Pro is simply awesome. No issues with brakes for me. Nice and strong.

Randy, is it normal for the esc to disable the turbo when the temps reach 3 led's (about 50+ deg C on the posts)?

My setup was on a medium sized track, with about an 80 foot straight with sweepers before and after. I was running SP 11.5T, stock timing, 25 boost and max turbo. FDR was 5.8 with 63mm rubber. This gave me good infield and speed on the straights but the turbo dissapears after about 2 minutes of driving. From what I understand, anything above 10.5T will not require any fans for the esc. Ambient was 28 deg C, motor was cool at about 50+ deg C. I wouldn't want to lower timing boost as this will take away the infield performance and also cause slow approach to the straight. Btw, an adjustable turbo delay to 0 and 'ramp up' time feature would be excellent! I have so much traction amd having 'istant turbo' will be super..
cyanyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:49 PM   #6066
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanyde View Post
How cheap? I'll take them all. RS Pro is simply awesome. No issues with brakes for me. Nice and strong.

Randy, is it normal for the esc to disable the turbo when the temps reach 3 led's (about 50+ deg C on the posts)?

My setup was on a medium sized track, with about an 80 foot straight with sweepers before and after. I was running SP 11.5T, stock timing, 25 boost and max turbo. FDR was 5.8 with 63mm rubber. This gave me good infield and speed on the straights but the turbo dissapears after about 2 minutes of driving. From what I understand, anything above 10.5T will not require any fans for the esc. Ambient was 28 deg C, motor was cool at about 50+ deg C. I wouldn't want to lower timing boost as this will take away the infield performance and also cause slow approach to the straight. Btw, an adjustable turbo delay to 0 and 'ramp up' time feature would be excellent! I have so much traction amd having 'istant turbo' will be super..
I thought when you decrease your timing boost, you achieve better torque - which is ideal for the infield speed . If you are worried about your infield, then shouldn't lowering your timing boost be more logical thing to do? Consequently, when you lower your timing boost down .... you hit your peak rpm faster .. then turbo kicks in earlier.

Am I getting this correct?
bukil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:18 PM   #6067
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryN View Post
It's the entire rear end with the plastic cap. I almost crapped my pants when I saw it. I do not know how it happened. We don't have any barriers setup on our track yet and all I was doing was going up and down, testing the turbo out. It wasn't until the 4th time down, I heard a wierd sound, sort of the same sound you hear when a pebble gets caught in between the spur and pinion. I pick up the car, look around, and notice the back part of the motor was dislodged!!! It wasn't fully off, but it was dislodged. I pushed it back in and the motor sounded fine. After a few more runs, the sound came back and it was the same issue!!

Is the motor gone? I sure hope not, we have our first major race coming at the end of August. I love this motor to death!!
No it should be ok. Take it all part. Clean the portion that slides into the rest of the can. Take a few drops of CA glue and jam it all back together. Let it sit for 24 hrs and run it. Make sure the bearings all spin free.

It's not common but usually occurs whit a hotter than average motor getting whacked.

The turbo feature doesn't get affected by esc temp. Re calibrate your esc to the radio. Make sure you're epa's are set properly. What radio is this? 199 or 200? You need to be sure...

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:28 PM   #6068
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

is it possible to set zero timing delay on the turbo? the lowest i could go is 0.5sec
over gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:39 PM   #6069
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by over gear View Post
is it possible to set zero timing delay on the turbo? the lowest i could go is 0.5sec
You answered your own question. .5 delay is the lowest it can go. If you want 0 delay, just turn the timing advance up to the desired level and don't use turbo.
Serpent S411 Eryx 4.0 USGT
Team Serpent America and Desoto Racing
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:40 PM   #6070
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanyde View Post

I think that the FDR is too high at 5.8 on an 11.5T, some of the "Turbo setups " the guys are posting on here have 13.5T on about 5.7 FDR. I would think you need to gear down to around the 6.0 to 6.2 for the 11.5T