R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-27-2008, 11:57 PM   #586
Tech Master

Yeah! Sport!!!Load the software with the Hotwire. Hotwire will ask if you want to upgrade. If the Hotwire doesn't recognize to computer, the USB cable at the Hotwire is not inserted correctly, or no light on the Hotwire not glowing(on). Make sure you press them correctly, then, It should then recognize and let you upgrade the software. It takes a few minutes, then it will show you the sliders to adjust.

Good luck!!!
Geezatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:50 AM   #587
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Hey Sport,

What operating system do you run? Did you load the software first, then plug in the hotwire to the USB?

I run Vista. My Hotwire disk says it's version 2.6, and it has loaded fine several times. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times thinking something wasn't right.

I plug the thing into the speedo, the computer makes a "ding-ding" sound, the speedo lights up, the Hotwire lights up all red lights with a blinker green light, I open the icon and it says "check USB or plug in speedo", then the software quickly shuts itself down. I have tried opening the software, then connecting the USB. Same thing happens.

I have just gone to Tekin and downloaded the V2.7 for XP/Vista. It loaded and updated fine, get the same BS trying to connect several different ways.

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:46 AM   #588
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Maybe you need to reinstall the hotwire driver for the device?
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:05 AM   #589
Tech Adept

Try and right click on the exe file, and say run as administrator or something like that...

I had a program that didnt work, when i did that then it worked...
Foodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:18 AM   #590
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman View Post
Maybe you need to reinstall the hotwire driver for the device?
I've done that several times, same results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodie View Post
Try and right click on the exe file, and say run as administrator or something like that...

I had a program that didnt work, when i did that then it worked...
I just did that, did the automatic check for updates, no new updates were available, plugged the thing in, and nothing was found and quickly shutdown.

Frustrated....

www.summitrcraceway.com
Old 07-28-2008, 09:48 AM   #591
Tech Master

Try uninstall again. After uninstall, Check your Control Panel, Add & remove programs, Make sure that Tekin Hotwire IS NOT listed, if listed, remove the program. This will make sure you download fresh DL. Then reinstall HotWire program. First thing will find on disc(prograam disc) To install driver. If needed DL the driver.

ESC should be set to what kind of motor used, BR or BL. Insure what is motor type is set. Do it W/O HotWire, Done on on ESC by LED's, LED #6 on ESC. Then open Hotwire program HW LED would be Green. Follow the direction of connecting to ESC. Center on ESC would be lit. LED on hotwire will be flashing Green.

Good Luck!! back to work!!! Let me know!!
Old 07-28-2008, 10:50 AM   #592
Tech Master

I just got email from the Tekin help center. They said that Hotwire doesn't work with Vista yet and that I would be sent to someone else to try and find help. The V2.7 upgrade on the site said XP/Vista, but I guess they haven't got that working yet.

How long has Vista been out?

Thanks for everyone that threw in ideas. Am I really the only guy trying to use Hotwire on Vista?

My first impression of the RS was really positive and I can't wait to run it again. I've always been an "orange" guy, but I might have to pick up a couple more of these. The Hotwire thing isn't that big of deal other then the fact I paid money for some cool stuff I can't use, but hopefully they can get it going soon.

www.summitrcraceway.com
Old 07-28-2008, 11:08 AM   #593
Tech Master

Won't hurt to try procedure of uninstall the program. Not by uninstall, but to make sure the program is deleted on computer. Procedure was stated earlier. You probably tried the uninstall. You have to go a bit farther, by add & remove program & seach Tekin Hotwire an delete program there. Then reinstall Tekins program.

Try that! I've installed on XP & vista with NO problems. Good Luck!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 11:10 AM   #594
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

To my knowledge the hotwire is vista compatible. If you are using 64bit i'm pretty sure it wont be compatible though.

You may actually want to ask for confirmation on that and point out that the download link on their website lists the download as WinXP/Vista Hotwire Software.

Ive used it on my Vista Business PC, but i usually use xp pro on a (EEE) Laptop.

Do you know how to update/remove the driver for the hotwire manually? It is listed as something weird in the device manager.
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:18 AM   #595
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak View Post
I just got email from the Tekin help center. They said that Hotwire doesn't work with Vista yet and that I would be sent to someone else to try and find help. The V2.7 upgrade on the site said XP/Vista, but I guess they haven't got that working yet.

Thanks for everyone that threw in ideas. Am I really the only guy trying to use Hotwire on Vista?

My first impression of the RS was really positive and I can't wait to run it again. I've always been an "orange" guy, but I might have to pick up a couple more of these. The Hotwire thing isn't that big of deal other then the fact I paid money for some cool stuff I can't use, but hopefully they can get it going soon.
I have had mine working with Vista on my Compcrap laptop for almost a month now...
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:25 AM   #596
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman View Post
To my knowledge the hotwire is vista compatible. If you are using 64bit i'm pretty sure it wont be compatible though.

You may actually want to ask for confirmation on that and point out that the download link on their website lists the download as WinXP/Vista Hotwire Software.

Ive used it on my Vista Business PC, but i usually use xp pro on a (EEE) Laptop.

Do you know how to update/remove the driver for the hotwire manually? It is listed as something weird in the device manager.
My fault, they said it won't work with Vista64.

I did the uninstall, then I searched Tekin. I found one applications file and a bunch of junk email I get. I deleted all of it, reloaded it and same stuff. I don't know how to use the device manager manually. Should this really be that big of issue?

Let's all get back to the speed control. I'll work on this with Tekin and I'll let you all know when I'm up and working.

www.summitrcraceway.com
Old 07-28-2008, 12:16 PM   #597
Tech Master

Couple months back, with R1Pro ESC. Had a problem with Hotwire with LEDS on and working the opposite right to left, instead of left to right. Tekin service asked Are you useing Brushed or brushless? Check your type of motor on LED #6 on ESC without the HotWire and go from there. Motor should be connected Brushed or brushless to the ESC. Only Led #4 on ESC & Green LED flashing. ESC was @ Brushed motor type on, and was useing Brushless motor.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:37 PM   #598
Tech Regular

Default Dynamic vs Fixed Timing?

From my limited understanding, the Tekin RS has a hybrid mode with sensored start and sensorless run with fixed timing thereafter. I've read that some speed controls have dynamic timing, which I assume is a continuously variable timing dependent on motor RPM. Has anyone compared the two approaches? I would assume a dynamic timing would be the optimal approach compared to a fixed value, but my experience/knowledge in this area is very limited. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks!
Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #599
Tech Master

I just ordert a Tekin RS pro.
I hope it will be here before saturday.
Than i can use it sunday for the race.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:26 PM   #600
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak View Post

+1 on vista, i run hotwire on vista, and on vista under vmware running on linux .

It may not be 64bit compatible i'll try it out and get back to you. There was rumblings of tekin allowing some codeheads to help out w/ the hotwire for mac and linux once the release quieted down a little and they(tekin) had time.