R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-08-2009, 12:55 AM   #5746
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

So went to my local shop where I buy my goodies, the esc is flashing 1,2,6,7 so im guessing its in brushed mode. Planning on throwing another motor on there 2morrow to c if it runs.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:04 AM   #5747
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barts71m View Post
So went to my local shop where I buy my goodies, the esc is flashing 1,2,6,7 so im guessing its in brushed mode. Planning on throwing another motor on there 2morrow to c if it runs.
Scott

That is the same problem that Steve had. It was the motor
Old 08-08-2009, 07:21 AM   #5748
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

cheers greg thanks man..got ya email..and replyed...need a new 17.5 before tuesday nite lol
Old 08-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #5749
Tech Initiate

Default mod

After reading every post, asking questions and even some winging. Ive come up with this conclusion.

The RS Pro is not fast mod esc. Firstly, you cant use sensored mode so no boost or the new turbo feature. Dual mode is luckly to get one or two bars in temp. But it just doesnt cut it racing against sxx's.

So after getting and installing my own sxx. My cars has been completly transformed in mod. I dont know if ill even bother using the sxx for 17.5/10.5 because i know the rs pro so well and still very keen to try out turbo.

Ive asked if the 200 software will improve mod, but no answer. My feeling is no it wont.
zharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #5750
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zharn View Post
After reading every post, asking questions and even some winging.
wont.
Looks like there is still some whinging going on here

I haven't heard of people saying the RS is no good for mod, and i've been following this thread since it started. There is the brake drama, but that's it.

Thanks for the post though, almost as helpful as mine!
JR007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #5751
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 150 (99%+)

Quote:
After reading every post, asking questions and even some winging. Ive come up with this conclusion.

The RS Pro is not fast mod esc. Firstly, you cant use sensored mode so no boost or the new turbo feature. Dual mode is luckly to get one or two bars in temp. But it just doesnt cut it racing against sxx's.

So after getting and installing my own sxx. My cars has been completly transformed in mod. I dont know if ill even bother using the sxx for 17.5/10.5 because i know the rs pro so well and still very keen to try out turbo.

Ive asked if the 200 software will improve mod, but no answer. My feeling is no it wont.
No one has ever said you have to use dual mode for mod motors. People just recommend it for smooth power and accurate timing. I personally don't like dual mode much...too soft for most of my conditions. I run all of my cars in sensored only and use the boost to my advantage no matter what the motor e.g. in my B44 I run a 6.5 on 12 degrees of timing and 8 boost. People think I have a 5.5 or hotter in that thing.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:26 PM   #5752
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:

You might want to take the time and look at the team set up's posted on the Tekin website because JMO was never short of power against the sxx at the reedy race. The turbo feature is more spec based. The raw horse power of a mod motor is more than enough (IMO) and turbo isn't needed. What were you running that you had trouble with? Help is on this board....can you post your settings?
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #5753
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

You can use sensored only mode in mod all you want. Some of our team guys do prefer this setup. However you MUST make sure you don't overtime these motors as it can be very unforgiving if you make a wrong decission on a setting.

Matter of fact, at the Reedy Race JMo did in fact motor down since his Tekin Redline 4.5 was too much motor. He chose a Redline 5.5 and still had the ponies to chase down anyone on the track, even those running 4.0 and 4.5 turns.

If you do choose sensored only mode in mod you can use the turbo function. We have team guys testing this right now. I'd like to see a motor timed at 0-5 degrees, 0 timing boost and some turbo. The turbo delay will be critical to proper setup so each track will be different. Even layout changes can create a need to make an adjustment for OPTIMAL performance.

If you have a track you need setup help please don't hesitate to ask. The more info you give me the better setup I can provide you with.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:18 PM   #5754
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i'm just thinking out loud here, but why in the world would you need boost or turbo with a mod motor, my god man, its mod, it has its on boost built in to the motor.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:49 AM   #5755
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
i'm just thinking out loud here, but why in the world would you need boost or turbo with a mod motor, my god man, its mod, it has its on boost built in to the motor.
I would think mostly as a fine tuning option. Most running mod used to have one option to increase runtime, reduce heat, or get more speed, and that was to swap to a different mod motor. Not uncommon to see guys switch between a 3.5 up through to a 7.5 to tune the car for the track, BUT NOW with the software punch and timing options in the speedo, you can get that extra speed down the straight w/o having to change the gearing or changing motors.

Last edited by kn7671; 08-09-2009 at 10:37 AM.
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:26 AM   #5756
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I know its been asked to death, but is there any further news as to when V200 is going to be released other than soon and to be patient ???

*HEI International for Protoform/Proline/Spaz Stix
*Bitty Design Australia for Bodies and Liquid Mask
* Airbrushmegastore.com for all paint and airbrush supplies
B4james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:42 AM   #5757
Tech Master

Other than soon and be patient?... How about.. absolutely no idea when??..

By the way, heard that Speed Passion will be releasing a new speedo soon. Looks like this Turbo thingy will be in almost every esc... Hopefully we get to try it before those escs are out. I'm currently running my cheapo Hobbywing Xerun and keeping my 2 week old RS Pro in the pit box cos its simply slower. If I tune for speed, I lose punch and vice versa. The Xerun gives a better compromise.
cyanyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #5758
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4james View Post
I know its been asked to death, but is there any further news as to when V200 is going to be released other than soon and to be patient ???
Look at it this way.....If Tekin released the 199 with the bug everyone would be on here complaining that they are having problems and a flame war would be brewing. On the other hand keeping everyone posted on the progress has resulted in some flames and people not wanting to wait for it to be done correctly so where does that leave us????? At the club level we have to wait but at some of the bigger races Randy already stated that he will be there and he won't let any Tekin users go without the latest and greatest. So for now rather then being told to be patient how about....it's around the corner Not trying to be a smart a$$ or anything like that. Just trying to ease some minds and built up tension cause I know how it feels to be under powered.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:27 AM   #5759
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanyde View Post
Other than soon and be patient?... How about.. absolutely no idea when??..

By the way, heard that Speed Passion will be releasing a new speedo soon. Looks like this Turbo thingy will be in almost every esc... Hopefully we get to try it before those escs are out. I'm currently running my cheapo Hobbywing Xerun and keeping my 2 week old RS Pro in the pit box cos its simply slower. If I tune for speed, I lose punch and vice versa. The Xerun gives a better compromise.
Even with the 198 software????
Old 08-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #5760
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
I would think mostly as a fine tuning option. Most running mod used to have one option to increase runtime, reduce heat, or get more speed, and that was to swap to a different mod motor. Not uncommon to see guys switch between a 3.5 up through to a 7.5 to tune the car for the track, BUT NOW with the software punch and timing options in the speedo, you can get that extra speed down the straight w/o having to change the gearing or changing motors.

Hi Kenny,

What is your speedo settup for lipo 12 scale 13.5?

What motor are you running? Any timing? 189,194,198 What do you prefer? Rollout in inches. Do you run any throttle punch?

boost
drag break
thottle profile
break strength
neutral

I know I missed some stuff...

Thanks,

Travis
march to my own is offline   Reply With Quote