R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2009, 12:59 PM   #5686
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
Sick of waiting, as soon as 2000 comes (without bugs) ???????? Since i had my 2 RS esc there has been 184,189,198,199 Have i missed any. Me thinks the entire Tekin user base have been beta testers. A product that was released too early is probabley only now up too speed.
I have sold both my ESCs for a horrible loss and Changed too LRP SPX .Might be proved wrong in the long run but sick of the wait and computer updates that dont work properly.
The Tekin RS has won a lot of races against all other speed controls so I wouldn't say it was released too early. Thats like saying the LRP Sphere should have never been released because the SPX came out. The firmware just takes the latest learnings and allows you to update your ESC rather then replacing it.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #5687
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
Sick of waiting, as soon as 2000 comes (without bugs) ???????? Since i had my 2 RS esc there has been 184,189,198,199 Have i missed any. Me thinks the entire Tekin user base have been beta testers. A product that was released too early is probabley only now up too speed.
I have sold both my ESCs for a horrible loss and Changed too LRP SPX .Might be proved wrong in the long run but sick of the wait and computer updates that dont work properly.
Well done. So I'm guessing you don't have a PC, a mobile 'phone, any new car or a PDA. In my experience, all those products have done what you describe above at some time or other, especially the PC. How is your abacus??!!
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #5688
Tech Master
 
Skruger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: AT YOUR TRACK
Posts: 1,529
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
Sick of waiting, as soon as 2000 comes (without bugs) ???????? Since i had my 2 RS esc there has been 184,189,198,199 Have i missed any. Me thinks the entire Tekin user base have been beta testers. A product that was released too early is probabley only now up too speed.
I have sold both my ESCs for a horrible loss and Changed too LRP SPX .Might be proved wrong in the long run but sick of the wait and computer updates that dont work properly.
Sad to here that you got rid of such top notch gear.

Ford ,GM ,Toyota , Chrysler ect.... all have software updates to fix known bugs in new cars. Microsoft has daily updates.
I like the fact that you can ,if you want try different updates for your speedy

I just wish Tekin would make a simple interface like Speed Passion did to make timing changes in the field without having to drag a POS $500.00 XP Laptop around. Yea I still run DOS ,Windows 95,98,2000,NT just not 3.x windows.

A windows Mobile version for making adjustment's to the Speedy would be great
even better if it was written for Linux
I understand that I would still need a XP system at home to do the Full Update to the Speedo.
__________________
ROAR # 11-118753 / MATT #11-118754
MECH # 11-118755 / RYLEE #11-118756
RIP :Loretta Plueard 2017
SUPPORTING NORTHWEST HARVEST --- WWW.NORTHWESTHARVEST.ORG THE HUNGER STOPS HERE
Skruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:07 PM   #5689
Tech Master
 
PitNamedGordie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Highwood, IL
Posts: 1,789
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
The Tekin RS has won a lot of races against all other speed controls so I wouldn't say it was released too early. Thats like saying the LRP Sphere should have never been released because the SPX came out. The firmware just takes the latest learnings and allows you to update your ESC rather then replacing it.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerOne View Post
Well done. So I'm guessing you don't have a PC, a mobile 'phone, any new car or a PDA. In my experience, all those products have done what you describe above at some time or other, especially the PC. How is your abacus??!!
+2


I think what people need to remember is that these updates are free. They don't cost $200 like a new speedo. The updates can come at anytime based on need. Tekin does not have to wait to update their ESC's only when a new product comes out. All pluses to me. So lets say 200 or whatever future releases are better than an SPX...what will the converts do then?
__________________
☆ The Track @ Harbor Hobbies ☆ www.harbor-hobby.net ☆
PitNamedGordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #5690
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skruger View Post

I just wish Tekin would make a simple interface like Speed Passion did to make timing changes in the field without having to drag a POS $500.00 XP Laptop around.
I thought the same but I understand why they don't do it. You wouldn't be able to easily have firmware stored on it (not without hooking it up to a computer as well and updating it). without all the firmware versions stored on it then it would be quite limited. Since each firmware has different settings then it would just kind of be a mess to develop an appliance for it. If they did develop something it would probably cost so much you could just buy a netbook dedicated for hotwire. Plus I suspect Jim owns stock in some netbook company since he is probably driving a lot of their sales.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #5691
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie View Post
+1



+2


I think what people need to remember is that these updates are free. They don't cost $200 like a new speedo. The updates can come at anytime based on need. Tekin does not have to wait to update their ESC's only when a new product comes out. All pluses to me. So lets say 200 or whatever future releases are better than an SPX...what will the converts do then?
+1

As yyou want to update your GM, you must send it to GM and pay money for shipping and for the update.
Tekin gives free updates and is going faster and faster.
Also the service of Tekin is nr 1.
Try to contact LRP with a problem.
GM takes weeks to get it repaired.
Also have I seen several burnt SPX speedo's.
The GM has much bigger bugs. I have seen several GM drivers that didn't start a race because there GM wasn't working. Even starting to burn after a few seconds before the start.
I never didn't finish because of my Tekin RS Pro speedo.
The nr 1 national Belgium stock driver, drives every national championship with a new SPX. He loses power in his speedo's.
Mine Tekin is still on full power and goes only faster and faster by the new software.
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #5692
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Posts: 1,063
Default

It just cracks me up that all these tossers are going away from Tekin because the SPX is faster, for now. It's excuse making, as far as i'm concerned, for poor driving or poor car set-up. If you are TOP LEVEL driving, yes the difference in software will affect your placing, but I doubt many of the whingers about the current software are top level.
The other thing that pisses me off, is these updates are FREE. When the RS came out, it killed the Sphere, so LRP came out with the SPX, and everyone (not with Tekin) went out and bought it to beat the Tekin. Now a few months later (yes months, not years), Tekin are coming with an update that will kill the SPX. For Free!
JR007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:58 PM   #5693
Tech Adept
 
Morbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 171
Default

all you can do is wave bu-bye and
__________________
All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo.
Morbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:21 PM   #5694
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
It just cracks me up that all these tossers are going away from Tekin because the SPX is faster, for now. It's excuse making, as far as i'm concerned, for poor driving or poor car set-up. If you are TOP LEVEL driving, yes the difference in software will affect your placing, but I doubt many of the whingers about the current software are top level.
The other thing that pisses me off, is these updates are FREE. When the RS came out, it killed the Sphere, so LRP came out with the SPX, and everyone (not with Tekin) went out and bought it to beat the Tekin. Now a few months later (yes months, not years), Tekin are coming with an update that will kill the SPX. For Free!
From what I understand the SPX brought LRP up to Tekins performance, not past it. But you will always have people who think they need the latest to be fast. I wonder how many people sold their RS before they ran both speedo's back to back?

I am looking at Tekin at the moment but won't be changing anything over until I can prove to myself that on the track it can match or better my GT2.0. I would suggest everyone else does the same before you get upset that you are being hard done by for waiting a week or two for a software update.
__________________
Blade: Andro Treiber H 79g AN
FH: Donic Bluefire M3 Max Blk
BH: Donic Bluefire M2 Max Red
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:23 PM   #5695
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
all you can do is wave bu-bye and
yes and they will come back.

Every update is a new speedo for free.
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:29 PM   #5696
Tech Elite
 
rezenclowd3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Solvang, CA
Posts: 2,367
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
It just cracks me up that all these tossers are going away from Tekin because the SPX is faster, for now. It's excuse making, as far as i'm concerned, for poor driving or poor car set-up. If you are TOP LEVEL driving, yes the difference in software will affect your placing, but I doubt many of the whingers about the current software are top level.
The other thing that pisses me off, is these updates are FREE. When the RS came out, it killed the Sphere, so LRP came out with the SPX, and everyone (not with Tekin) went out and bought it to beat the Tekin. Now a few months later (yes months, not years), Tekin are coming with an update that will kill the SPX. For Free!
Thats racers for you. We jump from ship to ship looking for the fastest/best product. You can't buy skill, but you can buy the latest and greatest product to TRY to compensate. I myself also participate in this game, I find it enjoyable. However I noticed that it was irritating some VTA drivers out here in Socal at the Camarillo track. 2 guys were commenting that the good drivers would jump ship and only get faster, (not accounting for skill) THen these 2 guys were lamenting the fact that it was harder for them to play catch up, especially with the money being dropped for the latest toys. I had to explain that that is racing. If you dont want to play this game, stick to a stock class, like the Slash guys do in offroad. Either way, I havent seen a completely regulated stock class last all too long yet....
__________________
OOMSGFX.COM (no longer painting, but take a look for fun!), Roadrunners RC Club
"Racing drivers have balls, unfortunately, none of them are crystal" (David Coulthard)
"I believe the average IQ of a NASCAR fan is only marginally above the things that hit the windscreen during the race. "
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:39 PM   #5697
Tech Elite
 
tallyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: palm city, fl
Posts: 2,594
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

if anybody else wants to take a "horrible loss" on theirs, i need another...
__________________
WWW.STORMERHOBBIES.COM helping keep pan cars alive!

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:46 PM   #5698
Tech Elite
 
-WHEELMAN-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Redlands, California
Posts: 4,506
Trader Rating: 266 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc View Post
if anybody else wants to take a "horrible loss" on theirs, i need another...
Yeah me too ill sit on a spare so I can have a backup car one day. I know ill always be able to update to keep up with whatever the competitors dish out.
-WHEELMAN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:50 PM   #5699
Tech Regular
 
Giorgio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Italy
Posts: 304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
+1
Try to contact LRP with a problem.
Here, in Italy, takes ages before you get a warranty ESC.... Almost 1 year..
Giorgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #5700
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgio View Post
Here, in Italy, takes ages before you get a warranty ESC.... Almost 1 year..
Wow that's fast!!!
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin Redline RS Sensored ESC and motors, opinions for offroad? Cain Electric Off-Road 4230 06-07-2015 04:38 PM
Sensored vs. Sensorless lemansracer Electric On-Road 71 02-14-2009 03:19 AM
New Tekin Redline Sensored Motors are Roar Legal! Randy_Pike Electric On-Road 3 08-05-2008 02:08 AM
Tekin Redline Sensored 10.5 HUCKMAN Electric On-Road 6 07-15-2008 08:50 PM
sensored vs sensorless bprocket Rookie Zone 5 05-16-2008 09:38 AM


Tags
v203, vegas 2.0


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:42 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net