R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-28-2009, 12:29 PM   #5386
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by svines1972 View Post
Due to the tight fit on the F104 I finally had to remove the posts on my RS and solder the wires into the holes in the board. I made sure there is no solder spillover from tab to tab, does anyone see me having a problem with this?
The solder posts are used as heatsinks - you might want to monitor the temperature of the ESC while running the car to make sure the speedo doesn't overheat. So long as you don't overpower the car, you should be OK, but keep in mind that the unit won't dissipate heat as well w/o the posts in place.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:42 PM   #5387
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Due to the tight fit on the F104 I finally had to remove the posts on my RS and solder the wires into the holes in the board. I made sure there is no solder spillover from tab to tab, does anyone see me having a problem with this?
my Rs pro fit my F104 fine...

Are you running the optional body pods? I've been wondering if they get in the way of the esc as I am running the normal body, no add on pods
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:46 PM   #5388
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeoeo327 View Post
The solder posts are used as heatsinks - you might want to monitor the temperature of the ESC while running the car to make sure the speedo doesn't overheat. So long as you don't overpower the car, you should be OK, but keep in mind that the unit won't dissipate heat as well w/o the posts in place.
Do you have some photo's of it build in the car?
I have seen the car but for what I have seen there is space enough.

Something els. I get several questions about the Turbo.
Most of them if they go faster on the straight with the Turbo than the other speedo's.
The answer is yes as you want to go faster on the straight it is possible.
But this will not make your car faster than other speedo's.
You will lose to much power in the infield and you notes that the Turbo will kick in quite late. So your advantage is very small and only on the straight.
Gear your car a lot lighter. You will go faster in the infield and the Turbo kicks in a lot smoother on the straight. Also you will feel the Turbo on the straight as one acceleration.
When your car comes on the straight, it will keep accelerating till the end and it is as fast as the other speedo's.
The infield is than for the Tekin. You will see that you are a lot faster in the infield.
Also you can use a lower Boost. Your motor will stay cooler.

I'm already waiting for the V202 software. I like the new software features.
Each time Tekin comes with something new.
My speedo becomes faster and faster and each time I discover new tings with setups.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #5389
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Edit:

Misread the post.

Last edited by bukil; 07-28-2009 at 01:52 PM. Reason: retarded moment
bukil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #5390
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaledome View Post
another thing :
in the last race, a friend with rs pro, experience a very weird problem,
only with a sp 4.5t motor, when the car spins and the tires runs a little backwards if you push on the throttle the car starts to go backwards.... then you need to brake again and stop the car and then it go forwards.
we double checked everything on the hotwire nothing wrong.
with another motor we don't have this problem but this motor has no problem with any other esc.
we tried it sensored mode and hybrid mode nothing changed.
but we can solve the issue with removing the sensor cable...
what do you think?

btw we had our 4th leg of nationals on 8-9 th august, come on guys i really like to try the 200 software in these.... pleasee.
check sensor plug and lead and clean out motor or shim motor that the rotor is about 1mm clear of the sensor board.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:02 PM   #5391
Tech Elite

Quote:
Its not advised but if you are running stock classes might not be a issue.
check temps regularly to be safe.
personally i would put the posts back and be creative with your placement and wiring.
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:17 PM   #5392
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Quote:
This is often discouraged for multiple reasons. First off the warranty is voided, 2nd that is the "heatsink" for us.

I've seen them trimmed for clearance. I saw 4 F014's the other day all with different esc's including a Tekin RS pro, all fitting nicely.

Before anyone asks, there is no 202 software as posted in a previous post. 200 is the next rev coming out, should have more info later this week.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:25 PM   #5393
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
This is often discouraged for multiple reasons. First off the warranty is voided, 2nd that is the "heatsink" for us.

I've seen them trimmed for clearance. I saw 4 F014's the other day all with different esc's including a Tekin RS pro, all fitting nicely.

Before anyone asks, there is no 202 software as posted in a previous post. 200 is the next rev coming out, should have more info later this week.
Sorry for that Randy. I now that there is no 202 but I can't wait till Tekin has find something new to go even faster.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
Old 07-28-2009, 02:28 PM   #5394
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
Sorry for that Randy. I now that there is no 202 but I can't wait till Tekin has find something new to go even faster.
Do not talk about the 202
When we do not know the 199/200 !!!
Old 07-28-2009, 02:37 PM   #5395
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by higbo View Post
Do not talk about the 202
When we do not know the 199/200 !!!
I have the V199
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
Old 07-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #5396
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
I have the V199

But the rest of the people no!
Old 07-28-2009, 02:58 PM   #5397
Tech Regular

Ok, let's talk about my last race. Usual combo:
Losi Jrx-Type R, Tekin RS (198) + Tekin 4.5, 94/18, with Matrix foam tyres (we use them also outdoor) starting from new (62 ish) down to 60mm dia, LRP lipo 5300 25C.
Fan on the motor, fan on the esc and an extra capacitor 16V 2200

Only 4 guys lapped in 20lap, and I was one of the 4 (last one), so I grabbed a nice place for the main.
Motor used from the three were: feigao 4.0, 4.5, Novak 4.5. A common note all with blue esc, one was the SXX.

Annoying fact were somehow the usual, "lack" of top speed and "lack" of acceleration. Only from the slowest turn I was "da man", thanks the superior traction of the Losi.

Clear enough, when I say "lack", I mean something relative... Otherway no way to be on the 20 laps...

Box chat with the other "fast" guys, one switch from Speedpassion (sponsored driver) to Sphere TC, and the other one from Tekin to SXX. This one say there was no comparison with the SXX and the Tekin (he grabs me out the flowing turns...).
He was also sharing with me the same impression: the tekin esc (almost regardless the motor used) "switch" on "soft" in the second half of 5 minutes (and is not battery related).

A note: brake behaviour was perfect, due the fact we 4, we were very close, with an almost continuos battle, it was mandatory, avoid to "touch" too much. brake was perfect, braking hard, w/o wheel stopping.

My Rs was as follow:
Drag brake 25
Reverse 100
Brake strengh 100
Neutral 10
Motor BL/FW
Throttle profile 3
Voltage 2
Push off
Timing 15
limit Off
dual mode

What I'm doing wrong?
Are really the blues so superior?
How can I avoid this "softy" esc in the second half of the race?

Oh.... I grab the second place
Giorgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:06 PM   #5398
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgio View Post
Ok, let's talk about my last race. Usual combo:
Losi Jrx-Type R, Tekin RS (198) + Tekin 4.5, 94/18, with Matrix foam tyres (we use them also outdoor) starting from new (62 ish) down to 60mm dia, LRP lipo 5300 25C.
Fan on the motor, fan on the esc and an extra capacitor 16V 2200

Only 4 guys lapped in 20lap, and I was one of the 4 (last one), so I grabbed a nice place for the main.
Motor used from the three were: feigao 4.0, 4.5, Novak 4.5. A common note all with blue esc, one was the SXX.

Annoying fact were somehow the usual, "lack" of top speed and "lack" of acceleration. Only from the slowest turn I was "da man", thanks the superior traction of the Losi.

Clear enough, when I say "lack", I mean something relative... Otherway no way to be on the 20 laps...

Box chat with the other "fast" guys, one switch from Speedpassion (sponsored driver) to Sphere TC, and the other one from Tekin to SXX. This one say there was no comparison with the SXX and the Tekin (he grabs me out the flowing turns...).
He was also sharing with me the same impression: the tekin esc (almost regardless the motor used) "switch" on "soft" in the second half of 5 minutes (and is not battery related).

A note: brake behaviour was perfect, due the fact we 4, we were very close, with an almost continuos battle, it was mandatory, avoid to "touch" too much. brake was perfect, braking hard, w/o wheel stopping.

My Rs was as follow:
Drag brake 25
Reverse 100
Brake strengh 100
Neutral 10
Motor BL/FW
Throttle profile 3
Voltage 2
Push off
Timing 15
limit Off
dual mode

What I'm doing wrong?
Are really the blues so superior?
How can I avoid this "softy" esc in the second half of the race?

Oh.... I grab the second place
Did you set your EPA to 90% calibrated the speedo with the radio and after that set the EPA back to 100% or even higher?

Timing on 15. Why so low?
This because of the Lipo?
Did you try a higher Timing?

Lipo with a 4T motor. That's fast.
How do you keep it on the track?
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
Old 07-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #5399
Tech Regular

Mikky:

Did you set your EPA to 90% calibrated the speedo with the radio and after that set the EPA back to 100% or even higher?
No

Timing on 15. Why so low?
During the test, at 25, it show for a couple of times a "blanck" for a couple of seconds. Imagine a thermal stop, last a second or two, then I could drive again.
So I set it down, not a single exitation during the whole day. Don't forget that afternoon can be very hot in Italy on summer...

This because of the Lipo?
I've tested the system with LRP 5300-25C (3 different packs) Trak power 4900-20 and 25C, a pack of Vampire. Same story.

On a short track like this one, the "softy" was not so appreciate, on a larger track (22-23 sec/lap) is way more evident. Lap times doesn't change, you felt less push out the turns. Say you change a bit your drivng style and lap times are constant.

During 2008 I was a "blue" boy Never goes "softy".... but smoke 3 times in a season...

Did you try a higher Timing?
Not yesterday. With the Speedpassion 4.5 on larger track I was on 45, but I had 2 thermal...So I went down again at 25.
Useful to say, is that the "softy" moment is less soft with Tekin than with Speedpassion
Giorgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #5400
Tech Master

Do you use a fan on your soldering post?
because I think that as you can keep your speedo cooler, that you will have more power.

Try it with your EPA.

From the Lipo's I thought that you used 15 timing because of the power of the lipo's.
With so much power I can;t keep my car on the track.
I want to see it how it goos.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R