Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-17-2008, 06:31 PM   #436
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to dgullickson Send a message via Yahoo to dgullickson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinzR View Post
Update:

1. Company X (is the second letter) has Tekin RS posted on ebay with "buy it now"
2. I win the auction and paypal the money
3. I recieve an email that explains they don't have the item in stock
4. After trading emails 3 times I still have no refund
5. Last email explains that it is Tekin's fault, Which is BS!!!!

here's the email

Brent, We ran out, we did not post anything that was out of stock. We had 20 of this item when we posted with another 40 on order which should of been here last week but got delayed. Some things are out of a business's control, but we always make the customer #1.

So my question is... why not pull the ad?
Company X = Axiom which is me, the ad was pulled yesterday after we shipped the last one realizing orders were still coming in.

I see nothing above that implies Tekin is at fault, I stated our order got delayed which could imply numerous reasons, and I am sorry to say but that is just how business sometimes goes.

Furthermore you just ordered yesterday and have sent numorous e-mails all in which I have personally responded too, trying to resolve any situation with you and said we would refund you, which I am about to do right after I hit submit.

There is no need to bad mouth anyone on this thread, I have tried to resolve this with you in a private atmosphere and anyone that has dealt with me on an order knows I go the extra mile to take care of a customer

Check your paypal, you will see I submitted a full refund for you.

BTW - Your Hot Wire did ship this Morning.

Last edited by dgullickson; 06-17-2008 at 08:01 PM.
dgullickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:39 PM   #437
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
I just got my Hotwire in yesterday. Pretty slick! I noticed the preset timing for a 13.5 was 80. If I use that will I need to change my gearing? If so by how much approximately?

Generally, I leave the timing where it is, and gear until I'm pushing the thermal above half the LEDs (more if you're adventurous), then I back off a few teeth and adjust the timing until I'm just reaching top speed at the end of the longest full throttle stretch.

That being said, maybe some of the Tekin guys have better advice.
BNiels707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:24 PM   #438
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNiels707 View Post
Generally, I leave the timing where it is, and gear until I'm pushing the thermal above half the LEDs (more if you're adventurous), then I back off a few teeth and adjust the timing until I'm just reaching top speed at the end of the longest full throttle stretch.

That being said, maybe some of the Tekin guys have better advice.
I've tried Dave Arnolds theory a couple of times and it's seems to be a nice way to get where you need to be.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...&postcount=297
Old 06-17-2008, 07:38 PM   #439
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie View Post
I've tried Dave Arnolds theory a couple of times and it's seems to be a nice way to get where you need to be.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...&postcount=297
Yeah I read through that and it seems a good way to do it...however our track is a temporary parking lot track that only gets setup on race day, and I am the race director. So I don't have the practice time needed to use that method.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:39 PM   #440
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

is anyone having troubles with the RS thermaling using 4.5 and 3.5 mod motors?
Old 06-17-2008, 07:46 PM   #441
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf85 View Post
Not at all. Is this for 6-cell or 5-cell? Your timing (possibly both electronic and mechanical) is probably too high, together with too tall of gearing. If you could provide some more info, that'd help.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:19 PM   #442
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EViLSouL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgullickson View Post
Company X = Axiom which is me, the ad was pulled yesterday after we shipped the last one realizing orders were still coming in.

I see nothing above that implies Tekin is at fault, I stated our order got delayed which could imply numerous reasons, and I am sorry to say but that is just how business sometimes goes.

Furthermore you just ordered yesterday and have sent numorous e-mails all in which I have personally responded too, trying to resolve any situation with you and said we would refund you, which I am about to do right after I hit submit.

There is no need to bad mouth anyone on this thread, I have tried to resolve this with you in a private atmosphere and anyone that has dealt with me on an order knows I go the extra mile to take care of a customer

Dave I agree with you. As a team driver for you, you have always gone the extra mile for me when i needed it. One of my friends jason ordered a speedo from you and you took great care of him. Even if i drove for you or not, i would continue to order from you without hesitation.

Major
EViLSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:43 PM   #443
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
+1
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:42 PM   #444
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
I've run my RS PRO with Novak 4.5 motor on our local 140X70 track, outdoor asphalt w/ mixed layout. Hot weather 91F and humid. Track temps 135F.

Geared 9.67 and after 8 minutes motor was around 164F and around 153F.

This Tekin RS PRO is really good in hot weather. It can take the abuse.
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:56 PM   #445
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
I've run my RS PRO with Novak 4.5 motor on our local 140X70 track, outdoor asphalt w/ mixed layout. Hot weather 91F and humid. Track temps 135F.

Geared 9.67 and after 8 minutes motor was around 164F and around 153F.

This Tekin RS PRO is really good in hot weather. It can take the abuse.
yohan send it to me so i can try it out
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:17 AM   #446
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
+1
+2
omoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:52 AM   #447
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgullickson View Post

I've been trying to hold my water, but i can't. I read the original post (even commented on it) about this and now knowing it is axiom you were talking about. Now that i do i'm a little upset at the buyer here. He obviously hasn't shopped for very much on ebay if he thought that because a seller didn't respond to you in 10 minutes the seller is a bad guy.

I've bought and sold enough stuff on ebay to meet the good and the bad. I've actually had to go as far as to file a complaint with the police in the sellers town for theft and wire fraud when a seller decided that it was o.k. to rip me off.

Calm down a bit, give the seller a chance to respond, not everything works at instant message speed. The speed controller is the new hot thing, it's in short supply, everywhere, there is a HUGE issue in china w/ the flooding and the earthquakes so LOTS and LOTS of things are going to be out of stock and delayed. I heard Nitro fuel is going to be hard to come by because the factory in china shut down for a bit.

I have a small business too and i sold things on ebay (skyrocket batteries) and i tired to get back to people quickly but sometimes life gets in the way of 10 minute responses, so far everyone has been understanding, i hope i don't get too many people like you that demand instant gratification, get all worked up and start bad mouthing me all over the place.

I race w/ a guy that Axiom sponsors (kinda) and I talked w/ him on saturday about the rs pro (he has one, bought it full price from axiom), and he spoke very highly of them. Others in this thread have spoken highly of them, give the guy a chance to get everything worked out and get you your money back.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:52 AM   #448
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YmeBP View Post
...He obviously hasn't shopped for very much on ebay if he thought that because a seller didn't respond to you in 10 minutes the seller is a bad guy.
10min is quite a short delay in fact but as am I concern, I still waiting for news from the seller since I've paid the item on 06/10/2008. I really want this ESC for sure, but a little bit of communication between seller/buyer would be welcome, don't you think. I expected to receive and mount it for the 2008 Offroad Euros and now I have to cope with it without a sound !
Old 06-18-2008, 11:28 AM   #449
Tech Master

Quote:
Have you got a fan blowing on it ?
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:02 PM   #450
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Real life pic of the RS

To show how small this speed controller is - here is a pic. Look at the size of the receiver plug compared to the unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Tekin RS ESC sensored-tekinrs.jpg  
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote