R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Tekin RS ESC sensored (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/218152-tekin-rs-esc-sensored.html)

porsche928gs 04-22-2008 09:40 PM

I'm in the maket for a new speed control to replace my trusty GTB's but so far haven't found something really outstanding to do it yet. I was leaning towars the LRP TC vs Speed passion but now I just don't know.

Tekin Prez 04-22-2008 09:53 PM

I will take that one right on the chin. The R1 does not work perfectly enough for pro Amain TC starts, but runs the 13.5 extremely well. Although the new software is a lot better and pretty darn good, we are willing to admit that sensors are required for an aggresive and perfect TC start with the crazy tall gearing being used on BL stock motors. The RS can handle it all from 4 cell to the 21.5! The R1 with our sensorless motors motors has never struggled and is very popular with offroad users.

Tekin Prez

TexRacer 04-22-2008 09:59 PM

Gilbert,
Dont listen to everything you hear.
The new software and the R1 will run 13.5's all day long.
I have ran mine a couple of times with the update and the cogging is pretty much GONE.
The 2 brands you mentioned are good stuff. When you compare them to the new Tekin there really isnt much to compare. The tekin didnt cut ANY corners.
If you can wait a couple of months for Esc and Motor's then it will be worth the wait. Performance,Durability and straight out quality is unmatched.
I let Vince borrow my R1 and 448 motor due to him blowing ANOTHER GTB. He was VERY impressed and he has ran the GTB and Sphere.
He said the throttle response was by far the best out of all the esc's he had ran and the power was unbelievable. It ran very cool too.
10 minutes in electric 4wd offroad and the esc and motor were both 140. Perfect gearing.
4wd offroad is pretty hard on esc's and motor's like sedan. No issue's.

Les

porsche928gs 04-22-2008 10:04 PM

Thanks Les...........I'll give Tekin a chance. I'll hold off on my purchase f or right now! I must admit the last thing I bought from them was a charger in the 80's and I loved it then.

adamge 04-22-2008 10:13 PM

I like this idea of releasing less powerful versions for less money. Speedpassion doesn't even offer one, Novak isn't worth considering, and the LRP is the same price. I have a TC Spec, but with the death of mod TC racing at the club level and the new rules allowing brushless in every spec class (read: every club class), I want a BL ESC for a 17.5t. Right now there isn't an ideal product out there.

Jack Smash 04-22-2008 11:05 PM

I ran my FX Pro for the first time this sunday. 4wd, 11t Checkpoint, 8 minute heats, and the speedcontrol only lit up 1 light on the heat monitor on any run. The motor was about 160 deg due to me leaving it over geared a bit to calm it sown on the slick track but I have to say that I am very happy with the new Tekin stuff. Throttle feels very smooth in both my B44 and in my crawler, cant wait to get my RS for the B4!

Jeff Cuffs 04-23-2008 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by porsche928gs (Post 4379900)
Thanks Les...........I'll give Tekin a chance. I'll hold off on my purchase f or right now! I must admit the last thing I bought from them was a charger in the 80's and I loved it then.

You made the right decision.

Damit 04-23-2008 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by porsche928gs (Post 4379900)

I Bought the new R1 Pro, tried almost every BL motor available with no success, I'm sure they named the revised version RS (Rat Shit).
Stick with Novak or try the new SP GT1.1, it will work first time every time.

picco007 04-23-2008 05:52 AM

Tekin has always had great products and support. I can't wait for the RS to be released.

Kraig 04-23-2008 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by TeamTekin (Post 4378071)

The 24 fet RS will sell for less and handles most applications to a 5 turn motor.
Tekin Prez

Is this rating with a 6 cell NiMh or 7.4 lipo? Would it be possible to run down to a 4 turn or maybe even a 3 turn with only 5 cell touring?

or8ital 04-23-2008 10:14 AM

This is really picky, but why arent the battery connectors and motor connectors flip-flopped on the ESC to match the side those wires will go to in most cars?

Tekin Prez 04-23-2008 10:27 AM

This is with 6cell nimh or 2s lipo, but is very traction and driving style dependent. Also motor types since the RS handles our slotless/sensorless 5 turn easy but is working pretty hard on the 5.5 sensored motors due to the low torque and high kv.

5 cell is harder on the controller and needs a pro unit. You are typically gearing them back up to the same power and getting it done with less voltage and more current. We hate current and love voltage. The whole 5cell thing is not our favorite. It may have toned the power down, but it does not make our life easier at all.

Not sure why we put the power wires on the right side. You are right it would have made more sense the other way. Some guys like Jeff put it with the post next to the motor. For mod we would rather not see the post next to the motor due to heat. Post on the outside of the car actually gets the best ariflow and a little cooling. We put them on opposite sides of the unit on the B1 because that made the best layout, haunts us all the time when we wire them wrong in a hurry testing.

Tekin Prez

jakespeed 04-23-2008 06:49 PM

Has any Oval testing been done with the RS????

Brian McGreevy 04-23-2008 08:00 PM

All I know is I can't wait for mine!

Great job Jim, looks like this is exactly what was needed.

linger 04-24-2008 10:17 AM

Wow,
So it's smaller than the other brushless speedos on the market and I don't see a big bolted on fan. On top of that it's made in the USA.
Looks like a winner to me.