Old 06-19-2009, 01:39 PM   #4366
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_dono View Post
+1
got it on a netbook and it works just the same as on XP

couple small things though... (the software, not the OS here)

The sliders/scrollbars to change parameters 'forget' when you've got the mouse button held down and just stop as you're sliding them, so you've got to click and drag them a second or even third time.

The up/down arrows and all buttons in general are too dark to see properly, it's only when you hover over them that you can see what they are.

Can these two small 'bugs' be addressed ?
Yes! It's being worked on...

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #4367
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
The 45/go issue was just a glitch and was a mistake. It was something being done in the background that was not meant to be a selectable value.

Go back to the site, download the file that is there now. Should resolve that issue.

Randy,

(1) Did the usual uninstall, reboot, download hotwire sw, install sw routine.

(2) The result is a "marginal" improvement, but definitely not fixed.

(3) I can now select 0-30 and the hotwire reports the state of the ESC correctly (previously 0-29). Anything above 30, and the Hotwire does not report the correct value within the ESC (potentially very misleading for new-comers).

(4) Here's the testing I performed:

(4a) If I select 31 or above, ApplySettings, change value to 20 (don't apply), select CurrentSettings, NOTHING changes (20 on Hotwire, ESC still above 30 internally).

(4b) If I now shutdown the Hotwire software, and restart, the Hotwire software reports "GO" as the slider header. If I select CurrentSettings, NOTHING changes ("GO" on Hotwire, ESC still above 30 internally).

(4c) If I now select 20 (don't apply), and then select CurrentSettings, NOTHING changes (20 on Hotwire, ESC still above 30 internally).

(4d) If I now ApplySettings (slider still at 20), and select CurrentSettings the correct value is shown. I can change this between 0-30 and the correct value is reported by the Hotwire (ie: Hotwire = ESC internal value).

**** I think the software developers and software testers have a different definition of "fixed" (which is fairly standard across the industry ) ****

(5) A more subtle Hotwire issue. If I change the slider value, then select "CurrentSettings", the text highlights (acknowledging the button press) but nothing is read back from the ESC. Its only subsequent "CurrentSettings" presses that interrogate the ESC. This always happens immediately after the slider is selected (ie: the first "CurrentSettings" select, after a slider change, does nothing).

Cheers
"I'm either retired or unemployed, depending on when the money runs out !" > AERCCC_#25 > LargeOutdoorAsphaltTrack > CycloneTC + TekinRS_HWXerun_ESCs + Duo2_17.5 + SMC_Fantom_LiPos + BLS551 + MX3FG + TC1030 + MM >> =======TRACK_VIEW_FROM_SPACE========> http://www.nearmap.com/[email protected],138.560313&ll=-34.857766,138.560313&z=19&t=h&nmd=20100614
cosmo1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:01 PM   #4368
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Will you release the 199 by this Wednesday for those representing Tekin at the ROAR electric offroad nationals?
Jeff Crosson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:29 AM   #4369
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Yeah I would really like to have the 199 as well. Had Randy install it on my speedo at the reedy race and now I cant to any tuning due to not having the 199. My home track here has a smaller straight and Im getting my you know what taken by spx's and I cant do anything about
Rdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:46 AM   #4370
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdog View Post
Yeah I would really like to have the 199 as well. Had Randy install it on my speedo at the reedy race and now I cant to any tuning due to not having the 199. My home track here has a smaller straight and Im getting my you know what taken by spx's and I cant do anything about
Until you get the 199 you could try adjusting your motor timing or dropping a few teeth on your pinion.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:36 AM   #4371
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default RS ESC

Does it need a fan for 13.5 or 17.5?
svines1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #4372
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by svines1972 View Post
Absolutely not.
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:26 PM   #4373
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdog View Post
Ye that's a problem.
But as you gear it as you normally do will it than still come in, in the infield?
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #4374
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

I've contacted a few of you regarding the software.

If you are going to the Offroad Nats please contact me. I will look you up on the sign ups to verify your spot. This software needs to be understood prior to using it. I will send you some known good setup/settings along with the software.

The public version isn't far off but won't be ready by this weekend.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #4375
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by svines1972 View Post
I don't have a fan on my speedo but I do have one on my motor. The reason for that is that my testing back in my Novak days showed a 20 degree drop in motor temp with it on....not too mention that if helps with weight in my super light Tamiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
Ye that's a problem.
But as you gear it as you normally do will it than still come in, in the infield?
I'm not too sure what Randy set his speedo at for the Reedy but if he races on a track smaller than Speedworld then he shouldn't have to worry about it kicking in while cruising the infield. Basically (IMO) the turbo feature only helps you on the straight. That was the only problem we were having before Tekin quickly solved that issue. The infield is mostly car set up along with having decent power if you can put the power down. The future is bright for Tekin
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:17 PM   #4376
Tech Master

Yes the infield is super of the Tekin. The smaller tracks are all the way for Tekin and there you don't need the Turbo.
Maby Randy lowerd the boost.

Randy i changed my EPA. It's called diff rend with a Futaba 3PJ Super but i will see if it works tomorrow.
I have geared 0,6 lower. than i normally do on that track. second time that i use the Redline motor there. last time the infield was ok. I think it's better now.
0 on the motor gave also some more infield power.

Thanks for your help. I will try to email you tomorrow if my problem was solved and how the car went.

Greetings Emiel
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
Old 06-20-2009, 03:01 PM   #4377
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
I've contacted a few of you regarding the software.

If you are going to the Offroad Nats please contact me. I will look you up on the sign ups to verify your spot. This software needs to be understood prior to using it. I will send you some known good setup/settings along with the software.

The public version isn't far off but won't be ready by this weekend.

Before releasing the software, put the instructions for people to prepare, and ask questions
Old 06-20-2009, 04:14 PM   #4378
Tech Master

I hope that the following software update will come for the hotwire.

- A save option. So you can save your settings and ad some info like Track condition, Location and gearing.
- An throttle option to make your own throttle settings.
- That it is possible that you can open your menu without the speedo connected and make some settings and save them.

I hope for more things like a option that you can reed out your speedo and see how many rpm's your motor made, the temp of the speedo and more.
But this is just an extra option for some info.

I don't now if it's possible. I hope it is.

Tomorrow a race so i go now to bed. must leave early because it's quit a long drive before we are there.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
Old 06-20-2009, 06:54 PM   #4379
Tech Rookie

Default Noise

Is it normal for the Tekin rspro to make a constant noise?
glider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:51 PM   #4380
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by glider72 View Post
Is it normal for the Tekin rspro to make a constant noise?
No. You probably have your neutral width set too narrow or your throttle trim off a bit. A tiny touch of throttle will give the ESC a slight whine.
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote