R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-08-2009, 08:45 PM   #4171
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Whenever I get that question Rs or RS pro for a spec type motor I say RS and the Hotwire over just the RS Pro.

The software is being tested by the team. It's not going to be ready by the weekend.

I want ALL Tekin users to have the best performance we can give. What I don't want it to release software or setups that will do the opposite.

The team is working hard getting all the track testing done so we can hand over new software with some really kick A__ new features that can be setup correctly BEFORE hitting the track.

As we all learned the hard way when esc timing got huge, too much is bad, too little is slow, and the wrong mix of timing and gearing can be REALLY bad for motors.

I will keep everyone up to date on the software and it's progress.

Right now things are looking really good. Tekin drivers are laying the smack down on the competition. The feedback include official terms like :

"WOW"
"Holy C--P"
"Is this real?"
"How do you slow it down?"
"Is this legal?"

The answers were of course: Yes it's real, why would you want to go slower?(you're off the team, lol), and Yes it's legal...

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:12 PM   #4172
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Whenever I get that question Rs or RS pro for a spec type motor I say RS and the Hotwire over just the RS Pro.

The software is being tested by the team. It's not going to be ready by the weekend.

I want ALL Tekin users to have the best performance we can give. What I don't want it to release software or setups that will do the opposite.

The team is working hard getting all the track testing done so we can hand over new software with some really kick A__ new features that can be setup correctly BEFORE hitting the track.

As we all learned the hard way when esc timing got huge, too much is bad, too little is slow, and the wrong mix of timing and gearing can be REALLY bad for motors.

I will keep everyone up to date on the software and it's progress.

Right now things are looking really good. Tekin drivers are laying the smack down on the competition. The feedback include official terms like :

"WOW"
"Holy C--P"
"Is this real?"
"How do you slow it down?"
"Is this legal?"

The answers were of course: Yes it's real, why would you want to go slower?(you're off the team, lol), and Yes it's legal...
It's funny you say that, last weekend at my local track there are a couple of blue drivers that got smoked by me and the rs (not even a pro) w/ a duo 13.5 and some pre-production skyrocket 35c lipos. out of the bunch that i was faster than 2 are switching to tekin, the other one had a tekin but forgot it at home .

Now if i can just stop launching the car like a space shuttle off the pucks ...

I was fast all night and was consistently 10* cooler than the next fastest guy running a blue.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #4173
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YmeBP View Post
It's funny you say that, last weekend at my local track there are a couple of blue drivers that got smoked by me and the rs (not even a pro) w/ a duo 13.5 and some pre-production skyrocket 35c lipos. out of the bunch that i was faster than 2 are switching to tekin, the other one had a tekin but forgot it at home .

Now if i can just stop launching the car like a space shuttle off the pucks ...

I was fast all night and was consistently 10* cooler than the next fastest guy running a blue.
What are your settings and track size?
stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:29 AM   #4174
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Hi,
Keeping spec racing in mind, what are the differences and advantages/disadvantages between the RS and RS pro. With no fan or heat sink how do they dissipate their heat? any help would be appreciated in making a choice
red nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:16 AM   #4175
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by red nuts View Post
Hi,
Keeping spec racing in mind, what are the differences and advantages/disadvantages between the RS and RS pro. With no fan or heat sink how do they dissipate their heat? any help would be appreciated in making a choice
For spec racing you don't have head problems in the speedo.
I got only one time 2 led burning but that was when i geared it to heavy much to heavy.
Motor became also to hot.
The RS is for stock spec racing as good as the RS Pro. It's also a bit lighter and lower.

I used with the 1 our race a cooling fan but my team driver didn't and the temp of his speedo was still low. we each drove for 9 mints with a 10,5T on 5 cell. yust for saverty of the motor we geared 2 tooth back and we kept the temp ad about 150.

Randy good to hear the reactions. I hope that i also can say soon WOW and all the other words
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:38 AM   #4176
Tech Adept

Hi Guys, ran the RS Pro and the redline 10.5 at a track called west london in the UK. hear is a link if anyone wants to see the track www.wlrc.co.uk

All I can say is POWER!!!!!!! No one has an answer for it, I have so much power its just incredible the motor was coming off at 110 which isnt hot at all. Didn't have more time to try more things as the weather went bad.rain rain rain... Im sure I could have geared up more as I had so much rip in the infield...

30 boost 3deg on the motor geared at 5.25, profile 5, 10 nw, no drag break.

Cheers

Ricky Copsey
prodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:39 AM   #4177
Tech Elite

Well everytime i have driven my 13.5 with the RS Pro and done a update or changed a setting , i have been saying WOW !!!
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0

Last edited by razzor; 06-09-2009 at 08:44 AM.
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:51 AM   #4178
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodriver View Post
Hi Guys, ran the RS Pro and the redline 10.5 at a track called west london in the UK. hear is a link if anyone wants to see the track www.wlrc.co.uk

All I can say is POWER!!!!!!! No one has an answer for it, I have so much power its just incredible the motor was coming off at 110 which isnt hot at all. Didn't have more time to try more things as the weather went bad.rain rain rain... Im sure I could have geared up more as I had so much rip in the infield...

30 boost 3deg on the motor geared at 5.25, profile 5, 10 nw, no drag break.

Cheers

Ricky Copsey
What motor are you using? Tekin Lrp or novak?
And how many turns?
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
Old 06-09-2009, 07:53 AM   #4179
Tech Adept

Default Brakes

The brakes on my RS Pro are pants

It is the only thing I don't like about it. I have changed firmware versions from 1.89 to 1.98 and they are still pants.

The most annoying thing is the speedo has a lot of power, I just can't stop the thing in time unless I brake earlier than the cars around me.

If you can get the brakes to work more like the Nosram/LRP speedos then it will be a killer package.

I have tried resetting the transmitter throttle range to the speedo and a friend checked the full brake LED flashing was correct at the weekend as well.

And before anyone says "don't use the brakes", when you're in a final, you just know that everyone else is going to be going into the first corner hot and braking late, if you're not doing the same you're going to regret it.

Are there any plans to improve the brakes at all?
THancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:57 AM   #4180
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 150 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THancock View Post

It is the only thing I don't like about it. I have changed firmware versions from 1.89 to 1.98 and they are still pants.

The most annoying thing is the speedo has a lot of power, I just can't stop the thing in time unless I brake earlier than the cars around me.

If you can get the brakes to work more like the Nosram/LRP speedos then it will be a killer package.

I have tried resetting the transmitter throttle range to the speedo and a friend checked the full brake LED flashing was correct at the weekend as well.

And before anyone says "don't use the brakes", when you're in a final, you just know that everyone else is going to be going into the first corner hot and braking late, if you're not doing the same you're going to regret it.

Are you running in sensored or dual mode? The brakes in dual mode have always been weaker than sensored only mode.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:59 AM   #4181
Tech Master

Quote:

Take an other line into the first corner. I do it all the time and all my start's made me win 2 to 3 places after the first corner and i never use the brake. I drive one way so i can't use it on full power.
When i drive with a spool i don't have braking problems. enough braking power for me.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
Old 06-09-2009, 08:32 AM   #4182
Tech Adept

I'll check ya software at the next one Tim. sure we can sort it. do you mean you want more drag break when you let off or when you touch the brakes???

it was a tekin 10.5..very fast.

cheers

Ricky

Quote:

prodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:00 AM   #4183
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocker View Post
What are your settings and track size?
No motor timing, full boost (sensored only mode) throttle profile three, drag brake at 10%. Gearing on a type-r (1.83 internal ratio) 118/48, track size is about 150 back straight and really twisty internal section.

here is a photo:

Old 06-09-2009, 09:18 AM   #4184
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YmeBP View Post
No motor timing, full boost (sensored only mode) throttle profile three, drag brake at 10%. Gearing on a type-r (1.83 internal ratio) 118/48, track size is about 150 back straight and really twisty internal section.

here is a photo:

Wow, that's a pretty low FDR for a 13.5 at full boost!
stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:36 AM   #4185
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Wow, thanks for all the candid replies, especially Randy's. I think a decision has been made!