Tekin RS ESC sensored

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 11:32 PM
Tech Champion

Well today I got to run what is now my 2nd RS in our WGT class and my new Redline 13.5 motor in 1/12th scale. In WGT my car was a freaking missile on our little track! And in 1/12th I had to gear down 2 teeth (probably will still drop yet 1 more) from my old motor and the top end was just as good as before but picked up a good bit of acceleration I was lacking. I won WGT and broke out of 1/12th...If the driver can settle down in 1/12th I'll be doing great!
Old 05-25-2009, 05:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
I gues you are running mod? With mod always put a fan on the posts.

nope was running 10.5 lipo track temp was 32c so was hot for the uk but still 75c for a speedo was hot its even cracked the underneath of the plastic case!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

After testng the Speedpassion 10,5T and the LRP X11 10,5T i wanted to test the Tekin Redline motor 10,5T. I used 12 on the motor and 18 boost.
Geared it about 5,8 and the motor got to hot.
Wile i gear the LRP 5,4 and the Speedpassion 5,1.
When i gear lighter i don't have any top speed.
The acceleration is very good but no top speed.
I tried motor on 0 and boost on max. But than also not so much top speed as the LRP and the speedpassion.
I have more speed in the slower part of the track but on the straight is iet to slow.
I hope the turbo will help to go faster.
As than the top speed is as fast as the LRP, than the motor is faster as the other motors.

The motor loves RPM. Only must it be geared very light.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I recently purchased the 17.5 RS Pro system. I've been running this for a few weeks without any problems. I just received my hotwire in the mail and installed 3.25. I now have the green box error message and after recalibrating the esc with my radio, nothing happens when I pull the trigger. I tried reversing the throttle setting in the radio as well. The esc is just flashing red with 2 leds on the right and two leds on the left. I have steering control but no throttle.

Should I try installing the 3.24 HW? Anyone know where I can get that software version? It's kinda frustrating that I can't even drive my car now.

This is on XP SP3
Old 05-25-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is this for 12th single cell? is the cut-off voltage set too high? I believe that was the 2 leds flashing on each end meant. If you truly 'bricked' your RS, roll the firmware on the speed controller back to the oldest version, then re-install the latest version.

Remember that each time you change the firmware on the speed controller that you will have to re-calibrate it to the transmitter.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by home13oy75
The esc is just flashing red with 2 leds on the right and two leds on the left. I have steering control but no throttle.

This is on XP SP3

you are in brushed mode. go to BL/F
Old 05-25-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hey Cuffs good running this weekend at Jackson Tq and Win Go Tekin!
Old 05-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
you are in brushed mode. go to BL/F
Thanks! I didn't catch that. I made the changes and put it into BL/F and after the radio calibration I have 1,2,3 flashing ---- no throttle but steering works. Per manual this is a radio calibration issue. This was working fine prior to the hotwire install. Any sugestions on anything that I may have overlooked? I'm still getting the values out of range error msg and not sure if there is any correlation.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Adept

Does anyone knows when the new software from the Reedy will be released for general public or through Randy as the last one?
Old 05-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anytime you upgrade your software you will need to recalibrate your radio. 3 led's showing on either side is telling you the nuetral is under or over signal.

Re cal your radio/esc, you should be good.

The "reedy" software isn't 100% but it is very good and all that used it improved their positions with it. One of our team guys did find an issue when runnning mod so until all the improvements are made it won't be released.

I have a lot of notes and am waiting on other team drivers feedback that weren't at the Reedy before anything is to happen.

We were easily as good if not better than any other speedo out there. It was nice to see people switching out their blue and orange for the Tekins...
Old 05-25-2009, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

Hey Guys,
Anyone using the RS Pro in mod ? I'm thinking of running one with 6.5/Lipo and would like to hear from people who've tried it

Thanks
Chris
Old 05-25-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris_dono
Hey Guys,
Anyone using the RS Pro in mod ? I'm thinking of running one with 6.5/Lipo and would like to hear from people who've tried it

Thanks
Chris
i have tried with 4.0 t speed passion and 3.0t lrp x11, both motors were very smooth, we are driving on a very large track with a lot of top speed.
i have installed 1000 mf tekin cap and much more high rpm fan to cool it, i didn't have any temp problem or any cut-off
it was smooth...
Old 05-25-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

who had the best run at reedy using the rs
Old 05-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Big thanks to Randy Pike, Jason Moberly, and Team Tekin for all the help at the Reedy as well as previous club races. The newer software that's being tested does keep up with the SPX. It also allows you to fine tune the new "TURBO" feature to fit what ever track you're racing on. I can't give all the details since I wasn't instructed to do so. I'm not a team member so I was free to run what ever speedo/motors I wanted and I chose to run the RS/redline combo. What I can tell you guys is that the larger rotor (12.5) it has better over all magnet strength than the 12.3 which helps in the heat. I'm not up to speed on all the hot areas but off the top of my head it should be killer for Florida, Texas, Arizona, and California The 12.3 felt like it had more RPM and was a bit smoother power wise. (IMO) Drag brakes were stronger with the bigger rotor too. Use the different rotors to fit your needs. Every driving style is different. The whole Reedy race was fun and never once was I down on power. My overall car set up could have been better so that the Tekin could have been noticed more.......but that's where lil Derek Stepenson came into play. He had an A-main car but had to settle for the B-main Racer's talked/complained and what did Tekin do......they listened This is all coming from the guy that was Tekin's biggest critic If they can turn me around then it should be no problem to ease some of your minds. The customer service alone is second to none. Gotta go now cause I'm still tired and don't know if what I just typed makes any sense
Old 05-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hard to say one guy was better than the other. Jason Moberly made the Invite class running the RS Pro and 5.5 Redline. He had the 4.5 in at first but felt it had too much bottom end power.

Other team drivers doing very well with it was Derek Stephansen running the 13.5 class.

There were a lot of "privateers" running Tekin and kept we quite busy changing setups. Everyone was faster with the new software and once they found their setup it was good racing all around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.