R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2009, 06:05 PM   #3526
Team Tekin
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,702
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike
Default

JL, keep your rollout and go with 5 on the motor and 20 on the boost to start out. Check motor temps and make a gearing adjustment based off that.

Most guys on the team are landing with 5-10 on the motor and 20-30 on the boost. Total timing between the two is going to land around 30-35.

Also,

New software posted on the website:

http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire.html
__________________
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." Abraham Lincoln

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:30 PM   #3527
Tech Elite
 
hacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vic, Australia
Posts: 3,136
Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default

is that 194?

have not downloaded yet
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:54 PM   #3528
Tech Elite
 
dawgmeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,505
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
JL, keep your rollout and go with 5 on the motor and 20 on the boost to start out. Check motor temps and make a gearing adjustment based off that.

Most guys on the team are landing with 5-10 on the motor and 20-30 on the boost. Total timing between the two is going to land around 30-35.

Also,

New software posted on the website:

http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire.html
I already have the 194, thanks
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #3529
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Victoria B.C Canada
Posts: 390
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

The new software has version 198 on it with 1 cell support.

-=light=-
__________________
Gorden
light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:22 PM   #3530
Tech Elite
 
pakk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,077
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

sweet new update. Anything new in the 198 besides 1s?

--pakk
__________________
*Photon* *SC10 4x4*
RCRD
pakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:07 AM   #3531
Tech Elite
 
nitrobeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colonia, NJ
Posts: 2,340
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by light View Post
The new software has version 198 on it with 1 cell support.

-=light=-
I seleted the 1 cell box and applied the settings, disconnected and then connected it and the 1 cell box is un-checked??
__________________
Rui Goncalves
Team CRC|Awesomatix USA|TQ Wire|
Jackson curbs, ready for lift off!
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:17 AM   #3532
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Victoria B.C Canada
Posts: 390
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
I seleted the 1 cell box and applied the settings, disconnected and then connected it and the 1 cell box is un-checked??
maybe one of the tekin guys can help you as I'm not using one cell lipos at this time

-=light=-
__________________
Gorden
light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:59 AM   #3533
Tech Elite
 
Trips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 360 Speedway
Posts: 2,251
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
I seleted the 1 cell box and applied the settings, disconnected and then connected it and the 1 cell box is un-checked??
Wassup, Rui?

After you installed the new hotwire software on your computer, but BEFORE you selected the 1 cell box, did you update the RS to the 1.98 firmware? If you skipped that step, then any features/settings that are new to this version won't actually work until you do...

I saw this a LOT when Hotwire 2.9 first came along (the one that had firmware 1.89 in it)... guys would install the hotwire update on the PC, but the boost wouldn't actually work until they used the hotwire to update the RS to the 1.89 firmware.

IF this is the case, you need to hit the "versions" button, select the 1.98 option from the list, then update the RS. After that, everything should work.

Oh yeah... remember to recalibrate the RS to your transmitter after the update process...
__________________
MARSHAL!!

Last edited by Trips; 05-02-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:41 AM   #3534
Tech Elite
 
nitrobeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colonia, NJ
Posts: 2,340
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trips View Post
Wassup, Rui?

After you installed the new hotwire software on your computer, but BEFORE you selected the 1 cell box, did you update the RS to the 1.98 firmware? If you skipped that step, then any features/settings that are new to this version won't actually work until you do...

I saw this a LOT when Hotwire 2.9 first came along (the one that had firmware 1.89 in it)... guys would install the hotwire update on the PC, but the boost wouldn't actually work until they used the hotwire to update the RS to the 1.89 firmware.

IF this is the case, you need to hit the "versions" button, select the 1.98 option from the list, then update the RS. After that, everything should work.

Oh yeah... remember to recalibrate the RS to your transmitter after the update process...
Hey, how are you??
When I go into versions all I see is 189,183,180. Under current version it says 189
__________________
Rui Goncalves
Team CRC|Awesomatix USA|TQ Wire|
Jackson curbs, ready for lift off!
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #3535
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

i went to the website ond did the download and it was 194,were did you guys see the 198
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:40 AM   #3536
Team Tekin
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,702
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike
Default

Guys,

You MUST uninstall the current version on your computer first. Not doing this will change nothing.

Make sure that ANYTIME you make a change in the speedo with the Hotwire that you MUST click on "Apply settings." Not doing so will place no changes to the esc.
__________________
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." Abraham Lincoln

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #3537
Tech Elite
 
chris moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Phx AZ
Posts: 3,780
Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)
Default

Randy, I have the new software version loaded and see 198 in the avalible versions but when I select 198 and save the settings the version is'nt changing, it stays on 194. Any ideas?

Chris
__________________
Sponsered by:

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:12 AM   #3538
Tech Elite
 
nitrobeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colonia, NJ
Posts: 2,340
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Guys,

You MUST uninstall the current version on your computer first. Not doing this will change nothing.

Make sure that ANYTIME you make a change in the speedo with the Hotwire that you MUST click on "Apply settings." Not doing so will place no changes to the esc.
Randy,
I did both of those, other versions are 189,183,180 current version is 189??
__________________
Rui Goncalves
Team CRC|Awesomatix USA|TQ Wire|
Jackson curbs, ready for lift off!
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #3539
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,623
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
Randy, I have the new software version loaded and see 198 in the avalible versions but when I select 198 and save the settings the version is'nt changing, it stays on 194. Any ideas?

Chris
Just a thought here, but before you installed the 194, did you un-install the other versions?
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #3540
Tech Fanatic
 
lutach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Kearny, NJ
Posts: 806
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Randy,

This is a little off topic. I have all my Tekin ESCs (RS Pro, R1 Pro and R1) updated to the 198. I'm using the R1 in my Recoil with my own 7500Kv 4 pole micro motor and it's smoother then it was with the previous software version. Have you guys just added the 1S lipo and Reverse motor option or have you guys done anything with the start up as well? Also, my Recoil is much faster with the new version.

Regards.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BikJALhTd8s
http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8651
http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/conditions/04/01/autism.ireports/index.html (My daughter's video is the last one)
lutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin Redline RS Sensored ESC and motors, opinions for offroad? Cain Electric Off-Road 4230 06-07-2015 04:38 PM
Sensored vs. Sensorless lemansracer Electric On-Road 71 02-14-2009 03:19 AM
New Tekin Redline Sensored Motors are Roar Legal! Randy_Pike Electric On-Road 3 08-05-2008 02:08 AM
Tekin Redline Sensored 10.5 HUCKMAN Electric On-Road 6 07-15-2008 08:50 PM
sensored vs sensorless bprocket Rookie Zone 5 05-16-2008 09:38 AM


Tags
v203, vegas 2.0


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:54 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net