R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-23-2009, 11:22 PM   #3436
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm going to start racing at a track 200' x 100' asphalt. Rubber tire Sedan.

7.5T Tekin. What is a good starting point for FDR, motor timing and boost timing?
Old 04-24-2009, 09:31 AM   #3437
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
I cannot say about the lights as its on the track when this happens, but the only lights that are on when I power up is the fourth one and then rotates back and forth between the first and fourth. Which is normal per the instructions. I have the motor at full timing, I'll have to check on the boost. The esc is set in dual mode per your email settings, so I'll reset to sensored only and see if that solves the issue. And the motor is fine I've used it with a gtb with no issues.
That thing about the lights in Randy'/s post was directed to someone else from a page ago who was having the 1,2, 6 and 7 lights come on with a brushed stock motor...

The part of his post that was directed to you mentioned to use the sensor check to make sure that your sensors and cable are okay... have you done that? switching to sensor mode will not do you any good if there's something worng with the sensors or cable.

With your car and transmitter on, leave the throttle in neutral and rotate the spur by hand. You should see the last three leds on the RS going on and off in sequence. They're not going to be full bright, so look close. That's the RS telling you it's seeing the three sensors... IF you don't see those last three LED's alternating on and off with rotation of the motor, you have a bad sensor or bad/disconnected cable.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:03 AM   #3438
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Thanks Trips!

SRW, I'd start your setup with Sensored only mode, 0 motor timing and 15 on the boost to start out. That track sounds big and the 7.5 will need some revs. I'm guessing an FDR around 6.5 to 7.0ish. Without seeing the layout it's hard to say really.

Check motor temps often, compare speeds,etc.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:06 AM   #3439
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Thanks Trips!

SRW, I'd start your setup with Sensored only mode, 0 motor timing and 15 on the boost to start out. That track sounds big and the 7.5 will need some revs. I'm guessing an FDR around 6.5 to 7.0ish. Without seeing the layout it's hard to say really.

You decide on a car yet? Make sure you check the car out on r/c carfax first
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:21 AM   #3440
Tech Champion

Quote:
Thanks Trips!

Thanks Randy for the info. The infield is technical.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:53 PM   #3441
Tech Master

can the rspro run delta wound motors?
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:22 PM   #3442
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hi guys,

i upgraded my esc to 194 and installed my car, and make the settings how randy suggested in the forum and it works perfect no problem....
but my friend has the same esc and make absolutely same everything, but motor runs reverse.

we tried everything with and without sensor nothing helps.
the connection between esc and motor is as it supposed to be a to a , b to b , c to c.
when we reverse the a and c,
1- if the sensor is not plugged, motor hang ups, reverses and then starts working normal
2- if the sensor is plugged everything becomes overheated, it draws so much from battery even the other fans slows down. the cables becomes burning heated.

he tried to install version 180 back, it didn't help.
what you suggest.

edit: also tried with 3 different motors, nothing changes.
khaledome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #3443
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaledome View Post
hi guys,

i upgraded my esc to 194 and installed my car, and make the settings how randy suggested in the forum and it works perfect no problem....
but my friend has the same esc and make absolutely same everything, but motor runs reverse.

we tried everything with and without sensor nothing helps.
the connection between esc and motor is as it supposed to be a to a , b to b , c to c.
when we reverse the a and c,
1- if the sensor is not plugged, motor hang ups, reverses and then starts working normal
2- if the sensor is plugged everything becomes overheated, it draws so much from battery even the other fans slows down. the cables becomes burning heated.

he tried to install version 180 back, it didn't help.
what you suggest.

edit: also tried with 3 different motors, nothing changes.
On the transmitter there is a reverse function
Old 04-24-2009, 03:01 PM   #3444
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

2wdrive, of course we tried that, we are talking about bl-fw mode, what is it to do with reverse function????
if you set it wrong , when you apply the brake it spin... but our problem is it spins on the wrong side....
khaledome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:16 PM   #3445
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaledome View Post
2wdrive, of course we tried that, we are talking about bl-fw mode, what is it to do with reverse function????
if you set it wrong , when you apply the brake it spin... but our problem is it spins on the wrong side....

"i upgraded my esc to 194 and installed my car, and make the settings how randy suggested in the forum and it works perfect no problem....
but my friend has the same esc and make absolutely same everything, but motor runs reverse."

well i read that your motor was running in reverse? Does it do that only in BL-fw? The other settings the motor runs fine?

I must admit that i only read the third message up and there was no mentioning that you only had problems in bl-fw or brake function.

Anyway.....sometimes a problem can be something very simple.... maybe this time it is not the case hehe.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:45 PM   #3446
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Yes the RS Pro can run a delta wound motor.

From the sounds of it you've updated the esc. You MUST have a to a, b to b, and c to c . If it runs backwards my guess is that it's not a Tekin motor and that you've somehow managed to spin around the endbell so far that you're firing on the wrong phase. I've seen this with a Duo and another brand of motor. There's no "stop" to prevent this. Since it does it with "other" motors and yours works correctly use your motor to test it.

After you upgrade the software you MUST recalibrate the esc to the radio again. Make sure that you max out your epa's when you do this also. Make sure there is no abs or traction control function turned on.

What kind of car is this in?

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:37 PM   #3447
Tech Elite

Can you please send me the updated version to [email protected]
Pit-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:59 PM   #3448
Tech Master

Quote:
Yes the RS Pro can run a delta wound motor.

From the sounds of it you've updated the esc. You MUST have a to a, b to b, and c to c . If it runs backwards my guess is that it's not a Tekin motor and that you've somehow managed to spin around the endbell so far that you're firing on the wrong phase. I've seen this with a Duo and another brand of motor. There's no "stop" to prevent this. Since it does it with "other" motors and yours works correctly use your motor to test it.

After you upgrade the software you MUST recalibrate the esc to the radio again. Make sure that you max out your epa's when you do this also. Make sure there is no abs or traction control function turned on.

What kind of car is this in?
I also reset the speedo after updating to be sure that it's ok.
After resetting i recalibrate my transmitter to the speedo. after that i program my speedo again with the right settings.

A club member forgot after updating to recalibrate his speedo.
He didn't hath a lot of power but after resetting adn recalibrating the speedo it worked great.

I tested full timing on the motor and full boost.
didn't drive with the car but just hold it up in the air and puled the throttle.
The Tekin 10,5T motor maked so manny rpm's that my tire riped of.
incredible power.
Tomorrow i test my tekin motor geared very light with 24 on the motor and 6 on the boost.
from there i start gearing it heavier. hope to get some more top speed.

After that i try to ad some boost.
not much but a litle bit like up to 10 boost in total.
and chek the temp.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:07 PM   #3449
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit-racer View Post
Can you please send me the updated version to [email protected]
send an e-mail to randy
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R