R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-25-2009, 02:55 PM   #2626
Team Tekin

I am told your email was answered earlier today and we are sending you a new enbell. Don't worry about a reciept, it was obviously bad when you received it. It is 3 screws to replace the front endbell and very easy. Sounds like the motor mount screw holes were tapped crooked. Odd since they are done on a press?? This is only one we have seen so far.

Tekin Prez
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:40 PM   #2627
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Last edited by LOSI123; 03-02-2009 at 11:33 AM.
LOSI123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:43 PM   #2628
Suspended

Is that the new Tekin 17.5 motor that has those problems? I would like to know cause I now ordered two of those.
thank you
kyosho player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:02 PM   #2629
Team Tekin

Support tells me they are caught up on answering emails and do not have one from you. We were having problems with the webmail the last few days because we almost lost our domain name. Perhaps your email did not get here. Regardless please send another.

All of the Tekin motors use the same endbell. If there are a few that are off they will not be on any specific wind and are mixed on all the motors. This is not an issue we have seen much of so I would not worry. I think we have had 2 so far which is not bad considering how many motors we have sold.

Tekin Prez
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #2630
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Tekin Prez/Team Tekin: New email sent to [email protected]

cheers

Last edited by LOSI123; 02-26-2009 at 01:56 PM.
LOSI123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:38 PM   #2631
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSI123 View Post
Ok cool thanks,

But i have not got an email back, there is another guy on this thread with the crooked screw holes ( you might be thinking of him). I emailed randy from the email link in this forum.
My issue is the screw holes are a tad to far appart to fit in my motor mount (never had this problem with any other motor, so i know its not the mount)

Cheers
Yeah that was me, they replied to my email and will be sending me a new mount plate.

Now I need to pick up a 17.5 for my WGT.

davesrctracks.net
tomdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:24 PM   #2632
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Help

I just bought a tekin rs pro. It has version 189 software and I am running hotwire version 2.8 on windows xp home. When I connect to hotwire i get an error message about value 992 is not a valid value and the boost control wont show up. Can anyone help? I have attached a screen shot of the error message.

Thanks,
Rocky
Attached Thumbnails
Tekin RS ESC sensored-error-message.jpg  
Rockpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:53 PM   #2633
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

You need version 2.9 of the Hotwire software to see the boost control. Version 2.8 doesn't have it.

That's probably also the source of your error message... 2.8 hotwire isn't likely to recognize an RS with 1.89 properly.

Are the RS's now shipping with 1.89 already in them? IF so, the Hotwire should probably be able to update to 2.9 automatically to avoid this sort of thing...
Old 02-25-2009, 08:05 PM   #2634
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trips View Post
You need version 2.9 of the Hotwire software to see the boost control. Version 2.8 doesn't have it.

That's probably also the source of your error message... 2.8 hotwire isn't likely to recognize an RS with 1.89 properly.

Are the RS's now shipping with 1.89 already in them? IF so, the Hotwire should probably be able to update to 2.9 automatically to avoid this sort of thing...
Thanks for the reply.
I bought it used. Where do i get 2.9?

Last edited by Rockpyle; 02-25-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Rockpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:17 PM   #2635
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default v1.89 Software??

Can anyone send the Hotwire 2.9 / RS v1.89 software? The version that came with my rs + 13.5 combo is 2.7 Doah!
Thanks
Shawn C.
[email protected]
simulatedwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #2636
Tech Elite

You can email Randy Pike, I believe it's [email protected] and he can send it to you. Let him know where you live and he can tellyou some local tekin team guys who can help you with any issues that may come up.

Basically, if you're running XP, it's a pretty easy job to remove 2.8 with the add/remove programs control panel, reboot, then install 2.9 from the zip package.

IF you're running Vista, you'll need to follow the instructions HERE to get the update to work. Vista makes it a bit of a pain, but that link explains it all.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:31 PM   #2637
Tech Regular

Default Why are they sso far behind on the hotwaire software?

Yep, I am on the ball email sent, Frustrating that the website is 2 versions behind on this. (2.7) I dont wanna have to go looking for it on Mirc or Warez .. :P

Quote:
You can email Randy Pike, I believe it's [email protected] and he can send it to you. Let him know where you live and he can tellyou some local tekin team guys who can help you with any issues that may come up.

Basically, if you're running XP, it's a pretty easy job to remove 2.8 with the add/remove programs control panel, reboot, then install 2.9 from the zip package.

IF you're running Vista, you'll need to follow the instructions HERE to get the update to work. Vista makes it a bit of a pain, but that link explains it all.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:41 PM   #2638
Tech Elite

While I'm not plugged in to the goings on at Tekin, I have worked in the software industry and my guess is that Tekin is NOT "behind" in the software updates, rather, I think the issue is that Windows Vista throws a pretty gnarly wrench into the works with its "virtual store" that prevents automatic updating by keeping an old version in a hidden directory. IF that's not bad enough, the path to that hidden directory is different for every computer out in the world.

If we were all running XP, I don't think this would be a problem... I know I updated my laptop to 2.9 in about a minute or two. When I tried to update my friend's Vista laptop to 2.9 it took a LOT more time and effort.

Apparently all the much touted "safety and security" that Vista promised doesn't actually make for a PC that's any more safe and secure, just a LOT more work for software developers...
Old 02-25-2009, 11:42 PM   #2639
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdut View Post
No special setting in VMWare other than enabling the USB ports. Had to do a couple of different things on install of vmware into Ubuntu because VMware is not fully supported. had to change the mountdevsupfs.sh file to enable USB in vmware though this may be Ubuntu specific. The hardest thing is waiting for windows to update.
Actually its Ubuntu 8.10 . Did you need to change a line in it or something more involved?

(Sorry if slightly off topic, but I would like to update my USB devices like Hotwire from a Linux laptop.)

*Need help finding an Xray supplier? Check the dealer/distributor database.
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/other/worldwide.php
Mini_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:07 AM   #2640
Tech Regular

I totally here ya there, I am in the software industry, and I understand how this goes. My point in joking, was that they could be a bit more efficient in their delivery. The software on their site, updates and software in the packaging is version 2.7. Think everyone should know this, so they know that cannot just plug and play with all the new features touted on this thread without emailing tekin to get the latest and greatest. Not a big deal but I was hoping to get my car setup last night (Overnight'ed the speedcontrol and motor from stormer), so I am bit frustrated I guess.

That is all I am going to say.
Shawn

Quote:
While I'm not plugged in to the goings on at Tekin, I have worked in the software industry and my guess is that Tekin is NOT "behind" in the software updates, rather, I think the issue is that Windows Vista throws a pretty gnarly wrench into the works with its "virtual store" that prevents automatic updating by keeping an old version in a hidden directory. IF that's not bad enough, the path to that hidden directory is different for every computer out in the world.

If we were all running XP, I don't think this would be a problem... I know I updated my laptop to 2.9 in about a minute or two. When I tried to update my friend's Vista laptop to 2.9 it took a LOT more time and effort.

Apparently all the much touted "safety and security" that Vista promised doesn't actually make for a PC that's any more safe and secure, just a LOT more work for software developers...

Last edited by simulatedwood; 02-26-2009 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Spelling mistakes Doah!