Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 02-23-2014, 01:06 PM
  #23311  
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 745
Default

The latest ROAR approved Blinky firmware for the Gen1 is 223 which you can upgrade to directly from 204.
Skitee is offline  
Old 02-24-2014, 02:31 AM
  #23312  
Tech Elite
 
niznai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,974
Default

Hmm, turns out it's trickier than I thought. Do I open Hotwire and allow it to check for updates, or do I download it manually off the Tekin site?
niznai is offline  
Old 02-24-2014, 08:42 AM
  #23313  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gilroy, Ca.
Posts: 1,993
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by niznai View Post
Hmm, turns out it's trickier than I thought. Do I open Hotwire and allow it to check for updates, or do I download it manually off the Tekin site?
Download 223 from the Tekin website and install it on your computer. Use your hotwire with your computer to upgrade the firmware on your RS gen 1.
When you hook up the ESC the software will detect the current state of your ESC settings and display them. Go to the firmware listing in the app and choose the latest version and select it to be installed.
Tekin has a page that goes through the whole process once you have the program installed on your computer. The updates are in the hotwire program already so there is no need to download anything else. It's pretty easy...
YoDog is offline  
Old 02-24-2014, 06:35 PM
  #23314  
Tech Elite
 
niznai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,974
Default

The problem was that my hotwire could not check for updates (bad internet connection?).

Anyway, I downloaded and installed V223, thank you guys.

Now one more question. Does data logging work with my RsPro Gen1 in blinky mode?
niznai is offline  
Old 02-25-2014, 07:13 PM
  #23315  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gilroy, Ca.
Posts: 1,993
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by niznai View Post
The problem was that my hotwire could not check for updates (bad internet connection?).

Anyway, I downloaded and installed V223, thank you guys.

Now one more question. Does data logging work with my RsPro Gen1 in blinky mode?
I'm not too sure the Hotwire program looks for updates. Perhaps the gen2 does...IDK.
As far as I know, the Gen 1 does not support data logging.
YoDog is offline  
Old 02-26-2014, 11:10 AM
  #23316  
Team Tekin
iTrader: (6)
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,912
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by niznai View Post
The problem was that my hotwire could not check for updates (bad internet connection?).

Anyway, I downloaded and installed V223, thank you guys.

Now one more question. Does data logging work with my RsPro Gen1 in blinky mode?
The RS Pro and other Gen1 esc's do not support data logging. All Gen2 esc's do: RS Gen2, RS Gen2 Spec, Rx8 Gen2, RSX .
Randy_Pike is offline  
Old 02-26-2014, 07:03 PM
  #23317  
Tech Master
iTrader: (41)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,747
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

What estimated run time could I expect with a tekin rs and 8.5t in a b4.2 with a venom 3800mah 60c shorty lipo pack?
Icero is offline  
Old 03-02-2014, 08:58 AM
  #23318  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
racer-oZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Wichita
Posts: 1,485
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Randy, just sent you a PM, need your help with something!!!
racer-oZ is offline  
Old 03-04-2014, 07:20 AM
  #23319  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (96)
 
whitrzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 5,803
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

I'm using a gen 2 spec in a tamiya mini with a killshot 21.5.

After 7min the esc is coming off at 140*+


Is that normal?
whitrzac is offline  
Old 03-04-2014, 09:32 AM
  #23320  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,195
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

A 21.5 in a M-chassis??
Why??
That motor can't run at it's optimum revs and torque due to the short gearbox.
Your ESC is switching like mad and there fore is getting hot.
Even with a 17.5 in blinky mode the M-chassis is slower then with a 23 turns brushed motor.
Take this same combo and put it in a F1 and there won't be any problem.

Regards Roy
Pro10noob is offline  
Old 03-04-2014, 09:38 AM
  #23321  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (96)
 
whitrzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 5,803
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Pro10noob View Post
A 21.5 in a M-chassis??
Why??
That motor can't run at it's optimum revs and torque due to the short gearbox.
Your ESC is switching like mad and there fore is getting hot.
Even with a 17.5 in blinky mode the M-chassis is slower then with a 23 turns brushed motor.
Take this same combo and put it in a F1 and there won't be any problem.

Regards Roy
TCS spec.

A 21.5 is much faster than a mabuchi...
whitrzac is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 04:41 PM
  #23322  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
rcwck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 479
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Motor temp sensor

Randy,

Is it possible to install any type temp sensor so you can monitor motor temps in the data logger? None of my motors contain a temp sensor. I just purchased your new rsx and a data log for motor temps would be useful for mod sedan. Sorry it this topic has been covered.

Thanks
rcwck is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 04:50 PM
  #23323  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,195
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

A 21.5 is indeed faster then a Mabuchi when you gear it right.
It runs less RPM but has more torq so you can put bigger pinions on it.
That is not the point.
In a M-chassis you have a max FDR that is suited for brushed motors and not brushless motors.
If you want the same speed in a M-chassis when you run a brushed 23 turns motor and then switch to a brushless, you need a 10.5 to come to the same speed(without timing and boost) but the torq of the 10.5 will rip you gearbox to pieces.
The M-chassis where designed way back when there where no brushless motors for the cars or they where so expencive that no one could buy them.
Stay with brushed in a M-chassis and you have more fun and less wear and costs.

Regards Roy

Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
TCS spec.

A 21.5 is much faster than a mabuchi...
Pro10noob is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 05:02 PM
  #23324  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (96)
 
whitrzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 5,803
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Pro10noob View Post
A 21.5 is indeed faster then a Mabuchi when you gear it right.
It runs less RPM but has more torq so you can put bigger pinions on it.
That is not the point.
In a M-chassis you have a max FDR that is suited for brushed motors and not brushless motors.
If you want the same speed in a M-chassis when you run a brushed 23 turns motor and then switch to a brushless, you need a 10.5 to come to the same speed(without timing and boost) but the torq of the 10.5 will rip you gearbox to pieces.
The M-chassis where designed way back when there where no brushless motors for the cars or they where so expencive that no one could buy them.
Stay with brushed in a M-chassis and you have more fun and less wear and costs.

Regards Roy

21.5 is has more top end and more torque than a good mabuchi.

21.5 is TCS spec.

The tekin has logged 20,000 RPM+ with a 21.5...
whitrzac is offline  
Old 04-02-2014, 08:54 AM
  #23325  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 161
Default

can anyone please give me a starting setup for a rs speedo/10.5gen2 motor
boosted in a touring car.for indoor carpet track,lap times around 12-14 sec
depending on layout. new to tekin products so any help would be great.

thanks rick..
rick oxley is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.