R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-14-2013, 07:00 PM   #23221
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Skype™ to martinskarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse_ View Post
thanks, in which situation are 3 caps needed?
I looks cool.... I can´t find the post now but some pro-driver answered a similar question and said that 2 should be the most you ever need.
Destiny
PROAMPS
martinskarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #23222
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Geotechy18 Send a message via Yahoo to Geotechy18

Hey guys, I recently purchased a brand new tekin rs gen 1 for a b44.1, and have been having issues with it getting pretty warm after about 2-3 minutes. Before I had this one, I had another rs gen 1 that didn't heat up as fast with the same settings. I run it with fwd only, concave/mild throttle curve, mild current limiter, and 2s lipo voltage cutoff. The rs gets to the 4th led temp indicator after about 3 minutes. I'm running a tekin 7.5t motor with 20/84 pinion to spur ratio. Is there anything that I could do to lower the temps?
Geotechy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:55 AM   #23223
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

7.5 in a 4wd with a RS is pretty hard on the speedo. I would recommend a pro with as much as you can hammer on the 4wd's. Maybe a fan will help but that is a lot of juice flowing through for a standard rs.

MMR Direct Minneapolis World Class Indoor Race Facility.
On Road and Off Road racing year round.

www.molzermoweryracing.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MMR/160679913944205?__req=9

Check out You Tube mmrswracing. Every qualifier and every main uploaded at the end of every race day.
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #23224
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geotechy18 View Post
Hey guys, I recently purchased a brand new tekin rs gen 1 for a b44.1, and have been having issues with it getting pretty warm after about 2-3 minutes. Before I had this one, I had another rs gen 1 that didn't heat up as fast with the same settings. I run it with fwd only, concave/mild throttle curve, mild current limiter, and 2s lipo voltage cutoff. The rs gets to the 4th led temp indicator after about 3 minutes. I'm running a tekin 7.5t motor with 20/84 pinion to spur ratio. Is there anything that I could do to lower the temps?
Experiment by lowering the pinion, 1-8 teeth. When running 7.5, a mod motor, you may see it ramp up quicker, less strain, less heat on the ESC. Same thing with brushed motors.
Geezatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #23225
Tech Adept

Without reading all 1500+ pages of this thread is there any way to get my old Tekin RS to run a 13.5T on 1 cell in a Supastox? I have updated to the latest firmware and set the speedo to 1s and voltage cutoff to 3v and the motor wont run at all. I disconnected the sensor wire and then the motor ran if I gave it a helping hand.

I've tried it on a 2 cell battery with the stock spec setting and it works fine. There used to be a Tekin.com forum but it seems to have been wiped out and restarted recently but all the old posts and info have gone.
B44 Mamba Max, Trakpower.
B44.2 Avid chassis, Speed Passion, Gens Ace.
BILKO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #23226
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILKO1 View Post
Without reading all 1500+ pages of this thread is there any way to get my old Tekin RS to run a 13.5T on 1 cell in a Supastox? I have updated to the latest firmware and set the speedo to 1s and voltage cutoff to 3v and the motor wont run at all. I disconnected the sensor wire and then the motor ran if I gave it a helping hand.

I've tried it on a 2 cell battery with the stock spec setting and it works fine. There used to be a Tekin.com forum but it seems to have been wiped out and restarted recently but all the old posts and info have gone.
The Tekin RS hardware was developed before 1s lipos were common
It was not designed to run on 3.7v

However, if you use a voltage booster or reciever pack, it works great, and is still one of the most popular esc's for 12th scale

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ...ooster&pg_no=1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #23227
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to z50king

Is anyone going to be on the live chat today? I need some help that isn't in the FAQ
Eric #187. Associated, Tekin, West Coast RC Raceway
t4, mod t4, sc10b, lcc, scx10
z50king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #23228
Tech Adept

Thanks.
B44 Mamba Max, Trakpower.
B44.2 Avid chassis, Speed Passion, Gens Ace.
BILKO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #23229
Tech Apprentice

Default Helpplease on Blinkey mode

Hi a guy at the club has just bought an RS Pro and wants to run 17.5 blinkey. I run boosted and use Hotwire so I do not know the answer to the question.

He does not have Hotwire, is it possible to set the Timing Profile, ie to TP0, by using the buttons on the Tekin?
yellowshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #23230
PDR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowshark View Post
Hi a guy at the club has just bought an RS Pro and wants to run 17.5 blinkey. I run boosted and use Hotwire so I do not know the answer to the question.

He does not have Hotwire, is it possible to set the Timing Profile, ie to TP0, by using the buttons on the Tekin?
Yes. Just follow the instructions that can be easily downloaded from the Tekin web site.
Making an A Main at a Scotty Ernst event. Awesome. Scotty calling you first in A1. Priceless
PDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #23231
Tech Apprentice

Thanks PDR. To be fair to myself I scoured the website before posting and have just scoured again to no avail. Could you give me a hint as to where I need to look. The instruction manual has nothing on adjusting timing profile but I recall a thread on here a year or two ago on the subject.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #23232
Team Tekin

If the unit has the newest software version 223 in it you can set blinky mode using the buttons on the unit.

Press mode 5 times to get to the TP (timing profiles). Press incr and it will show current setting. Press incr until the first led is lit to set TP1 spec mode no timing.

When the unit resets it will flash leds 3 and 5 while in neutral to indicate it is in spec mode.
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #23233
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowshark View Post
Thanks PDR. To be fair to myself I scoured the website before posting and have just scoured again to no avail. Could you give me a hint as to where I need to look. The instruction manual has nothing on adjusting timing profile but I recall a thread on here a year or two ago on the subject.
Here is the link to the Gen2 instructions.
The RS instructions do not reflect the newer firmware versions that include "Spec." mode. The Gen2 manual does however, show how to set up "Blinky" via the ESC buttons.

http://www.teamtekin.com/manuals/RS_...anual_2113.pdf
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #23234
Tech Apprentice

Thanks guys much appreciated
Old 06-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #23235
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

OK I've searched this thread and can't find anything describing my issue. I put an RS in my Tamiya Mini,, (brushed Silver Can motor) I know, overkill, but I wasn't using it anywhere else and it's not as bulky or heavy as the stock one. It's wired for Fwd and Brake only. I can't get it to calibrate to my DX3R. When it powers up the last 3 leds are blinking, (signal too high I think). When I push the Mode button for 3 seconds led #1 blinks for a while, no chime and then it looks like it reboots, (1st middle and end leds flash), then the last three start blinking again. Tried different receivers, switchng to the Steering port, reversing the throttle, playing with throttle EPA all without sucess. The only way I can get it to work is to power it up and move the throttle till there are no leds. It seems to reboot then it will run. I have set EPA at 150 to get full thottle. Also have to crank in about -32 throttle trim to keep it from running on it's own. Goes like hell.

I use my DX3R with S3100 receivers on three other cars, (all brushless), including one with a Tekin Pro without problems.

Now that I know how to get it started I guess I can live with it but really curious to know what might be going on.

Thanks
rramjet is offline   Reply With Quote