R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #23131
Team Tekin

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
Hey guys im hoping some of you can help me out....i have a kyosho tf6 sp and i have no choice but to run an fdr of 6.84....due to a modification im trying......im running the car in 17.5 boosted on a 70x30 carpet track.....im wondering what settings i should run on my rs pro to get the most out of it at that fdr.....any help would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks in advance.
A 6.8 FDR is right in the range you should be for boosted 17.5, so I would say start with 25-30 on the Boost and no Turbo. You can add Turbo if you want it on the straightaway but I doubt you will if it's 70ft. Check motor temps often to be sure you aren't over-timed for that gearing.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #23132
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
Really? Zero support in this thead? ....time to buy an orca.
Funny, less than 24 hours later and I'm here posting. We offer a lot of setups on our website from top pro drivers like Atsushi Hara:

http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire/ESC..._17.5_v212.pdf

All you have to do is go to the site and download a few, done.

Your FDR is ok for the 70x30 tack you're on, but I'd suggest 0 motor timing since it is so short. Then try Hara's setup and check motor temps every few minutes. You may need to alter your gearing still.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:10 AM   #23133
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default DUO 2 Replacement....

I am returning to 17.5 boosted for a couple of meets without my old faithful Duo 2 and wont have a lot of time to set-up and find the sweet spot on both motor and speedie.

I was running the Duo 2 with a high torque rotor and two notches of timing on the can with the RS speedie, and it was nice... However, my Duo 2 has finally died...

Did anybody that was running a DUO 2 which updated their motor find that the new motor had similar characteristics to the DUO 2, ie, found they were using similar RPM ranges or boost settings on the RS... motor timing on the can etc.. If so.. which motor?

I was after a 'newer' motor, but with similar characteristics to the DUO 2 just to help with finding the sweet spot with limited time to test/play. (Track is about 90 x 60 feet with a mixed infield)

Any one go from the DUO 2 to D3?

thanks

And I am NOT asking which is the best 17.5.. ok.

SQ: HPI RS Pro -HPI RS Pro 2 - HPI Pro 3 - HPI Pro ?? - HPI Pro 5
jsr555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:30 AM   #23134
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr555 View Post
I am returning to 17.5 boosted for a couple of meets without my old faithful Duo 2 and wont have a lot of time to set-up and find the sweet spot on both motor and speedie.

I was running the Duo 2 with a high torque rotor and two notches of timing on the can with the RS speedie, and it was nice... However, my Duo 2 has finally died...

Did anybody that was running a DUO 2 which updated their motor find that the new motor had similar characteristics to the DUO 2, ie, found they were using similar RPM ranges or boost settings on the RS... motor timing on the can etc.. If so.. which motor?

I was after a 'newer' motor, but with similar characteristics to the DUO 2 just to help with finding the sweet spot with limited time to test/play. (Track is about 90 x 60 feet with a mixed infield)

Any one go from the DUO 2 to D3?

thanks

And I am NOT asking which is the best 17.5.. ok.
I ran a duo 2 for 2 seasons and still love the motor, i switched to a d3.5 and just ended up putting a bigger spur with same pinion. Now d3.5 gone and duo 2 back in car. Switched spur everything back to normal. Hopefully this helped.
D3.5 had alot more bottom end
Old 02-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #23135
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTaller-RC View Post
Hi, sorry for a rookie question.

I want to know, how can I "know" actual motor timing (redline 10.5 old version). How to get more timing, and what do you recommend me for 10.5T boosted class.

Thanks
To answer the first part of the question, if you look very closely on the label of the motor there should be some markings on it which indicate the timing degrees (This is a 13.5 motor)
http://www.eurorc.com/tuotekuvat/900...ineS_copy3.jpg

You undo the 3 screws on the black side of the motor and slide the endbell from left to increase timing, right to decrease timing, then tighten them back up when you have set it. furthest to the right is 0 degrees, furthest to the left is 24 degrees

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #23136
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For Everyone!

Tekin Redline Gen2 motors are now ROAR approved for spec racing! 21.5, 17.5 and 13.5 Gen2 Standard and RPM versions are all legal for ROAR events. Just in time for the 2013 ROAR Onroad Carpet Nationals

Old 03-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #23137
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Skype™ to martinskarin

Anyone have a good starting point for Tekin RS Pro, Redline Gen 2 13,5 RPM Motor, car is Xray T4 ?

I need help with ESC Set-up and FDR, track is similar size to TITC outdoor track.

Thank you!
Destiny
PROAMPS
martinskarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #23138
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Picking up a GEN2 17.5 today and looking for a starting FDR for blinky.
RMP750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #23139
Tech Apprentice

Hello! Just received my Tekin Gen2 5.5t
Could you be so kind to give me a starting point set up (Rs pro with V223) for very tight cartpet track like this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNaM23EjXFA

I really do not want to destroy my new motor .... :-)

Thank you so much in advance!!
Gabriele
(Italy)
moraccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #23140
Tech Apprentice

At the end, last week end I tested my combo (tekin rs pro and tekin gen2 5.5t)
I found a very good set up by my self and I'm very satisfyed....great power Very good and smooth driving.

The sad thing was the lack of help or simply suggestions from this forum...

Ciao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moraccio View Post
Hello! Just received my Tekin Gen2 5.5t
Could you be so kind to give me a starting point set up (Rs pro with V223) for very tight cartpet track like this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNaM23EjXFA

I really do not want to destroy my new motor .... :-)

Thank you so much in advance!!
Gabriele
(Italy)
Old 03-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #23141
Team Tekin

There are plenty of setups already online for most cars and motors:
http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire/ESCsetups/index.html

Did you take a look at what was already available before posting?

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Old 03-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #23142
Tech Apprentice

Of course! but as you can see only one setup is available with FW 223 for a 4.0t motor....

As I've bought a new product (gen2 motor 5.5t) I (wrongly maybe) thought that someone could help or give me a simple suggestion so that I can avoid to destroy everything... but I was wrong ...

In any case, as I said before, I found a very good set up which is very different from the one we can find in the tekin web site (set up above mentioned).

Ciao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
There are plenty of setups already online for most cars and motors:
http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire/ESCsetups/index.html

Did you take a look at what was already available before posting?
Old 03-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #23143
Tech Initiate

Default Vegas 223 User Issue (ATT> Randy Pike)

On the software for 223 vegas 8_4_1 after the install on Win7 i have a problem with the increment buttons ( ^ ) on the GUI to change values of the data. When ever i make a adj. with the up and down arrows the default throttle linear curve pops up.Also i am not able todrag the points to form a throttle curve manually. I have uninstalled the program and also used the you tube vid to remove the hidden files. I followed the install instructions but i keep getting the same problem
Can you help
1990 Heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #23144
Tech Apprentice

Just for info with windows xp it works perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 Heritage View Post
On the software for 223 vegas 8_4_1 after the install on Win7 i have a problem with the increment buttons ( ^ ) on the GUI to change values of the data. When ever i make a adj. with the up and down arrows the default throttle linear curve pops up.Also i am not able todrag the points to form a throttle curve manually. I have uninstalled the program and also used the you tube vid to remove the hidden files. I followed the install instructions but i keep getting the same problem
Can you help
Old 03-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #23145
Team Tekin

Quote:
Originally Posted by moraccio View Post
Of course! but as you can see only one setup is available with FW 223 for a 4.0t motor....

As I've bought a new product (gen2 motor 5.5t) I (wrongly maybe) thought that someone could help or give me a simple suggestion so that I can avoid to destroy everything... but I was wrong ...

In any case, as I said before, I found a very good set up which is very different from the one we can find in the tekin web site (set up above mentioned).

Ciao!
212 setups and even older work equally well in 223. Fyi.