R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #23071
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to JustWill75

I was having the same problem with my Reedy, Tekin blinky setup.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #23072
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EskimoGangsta Send a message via MSN to EskimoGangsta Send a message via Skype™ to EskimoGangsta

I think my hotwire just killed 2 of my rs's today :/

something happened to both rs's after the first use after i changed a few things on the settings. the first one was blinky 21.5 in a trans am, and the other one was blinky 17.5 in tc.

the trans am one worked for about 3 minutes and all the sudden shut off under hard acceleration off a hairpin. the tc didn't even make it to the loop on the warm up lap.. went about 5 feet under 25% throttle and just shut off.

the pc reconizes both esc's, but no power when battery is plugged in. i've tried new batteries/wires/caps/receiver. no luck with either..

also to note neither smell blown, neither were hot. and no smoke came out at all.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #23073
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD413 View Post
Do Amy of u guys know if there's a way to stop the tekin rs and rs pro from making that loud noise when you hit te brakes? It's really annoying but other than that this speedo is great
No, the noise you hear is a result of the improved brake feel. Each motor sounds different brand to brand.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #23074
Tech Apprentice

ok well i guess that just trinity motors that do the because i dont hear anyone elses motors
JustinD413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #23075
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mashimarowu Send a message via MSN to mashimarowu Send a message via Yahoo to mashimarowu Send a message via Skype™ to mashimarowu

Quote:
ok well i guess that just trinity motors that do the because i dont hear anyone elses motors
Well I personally lowered my brake level so I don't kill my gears and to use my brakes as a drift tool when I go around corners. That could possibly lower your brake noise if it really bothers you and assuming you don't need all that brake power.
B44.2 | Savox 1267MG | Flysky GT3C | Tekin RSX | Reedy Sonic Mach 2 7.5T
HPI Savage Nitro | Futaba
mashimarowu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #23076
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to EskimoGangsta Send a message via MSN to EskimoGangsta Send a message via Skype™ to EskimoGangsta

randy. any hints to my problem?
Old 01-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #23077
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to JustWill75

Quote:
My Reedy makes a weird electric violin noise when I hit the brakes but everything else seems to be normal. I'm pretty fast at my track and my throttle is very smooth.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:02 AM   #23078
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoGangsta View Post
I think my hotwire just killed 2 of my rs's today :/

something happened to both rs's after the first use after i changed a few things on the settings. the first one was blinky 21.5 in a trans am, and the other one was blinky 17.5 in tc.

the trans am one worked for about 3 minutes and all the sudden shut off under hard acceleration off a hairpin. the tc didn't even make it to the loop on the warm up lap.. went about 5 feet under 25% throttle and just shut off.

the pc reconizes both esc's, but no power when battery is plugged in. i've tried new batteries/wires/caps/receiver. no luck with either..

also to note neither smell blown, neither were hot. and no smoke came out at all.

Just to confirm. When you plug the ESC into the HotWire it comes up as normal and changes can be made and saved however when plugged into your car as normal nothing happens. No power, no LEDs light up?
Ryan H.
Tradin Paint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #23079
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradin Paint View Post
Just to confirm. When you plug the ESC into the HotWire it comes up as normal and changes can be made and saved however when plugged into your car as normal nothing happens. No power, no LEDs light up?
Yes, this is correct. both normal rs's and neither have seen a motor lower then 10.5t for offroad and 17.5/21.5 for onroad
Old 01-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #23080
Team Tekin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoGangsta View Post
randy. any hints to my problem?
What motors are you using?

If you unplug the esc from the receiver, unplug the sensor harness form the esc side, does it power up?

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Old 01-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #23081
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
What motors are you using?

If you unplug the esc from the receiver, unplug the sensor harness form the esc side, does it power up?
I was using a 21.5t D3.5 motor on one.
17.5t D3 motor on the other.

Both esc i took out of the car and motor leads and sensor wires off and plugged it in. no luck. that's when i decided to try hotwiring it again and it still shows on my pc and middle LED's flash like normal.

both cars run thunderpower batteries 65c 2s batteries with deans so i cant even reverse polarity if i try, running spektrum tc/rx with hitec servos. trans am geared 96/46 * 2.0 = 4.17
Tc geared 96/44 * 2.0 = 4.36
Running on a 60x60 ft track.

i know I'm well under from what i can push the electronics to.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #23082
Tech Apprentice

Hi Randy,

Your expert advice is appreciated. I am running 17.5 and 13.5 Gen2 RPM (both boosted) on RS Pro ESC's and see that i have arrived at pretty much the same ESC settings for both motors. The gearing on the 17.5 is longer.

Is that in the ballpark of what you would expect? I am running the 223 software version on both ESC's.

Your input is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #23083
Tech Regular

Sooooo i take it i'll need a rma and package a box of goodies.. well this will only be my second time and i've been running tekin indoor/outdoor all year long for 3-4years. excellent products!. plus i don't think that these 2 "burnt up" as in just something easy and stupid.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #23084
Tech Rookie

Hello.Any good starting point of gearing and timing for a rspro with lrp 5.0 octa for a large nitro track?Thanks
chuss43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #23085
Team Tekin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese Bobby View Post
Hi Randy,

Your expert advice is appreciated. I am running 17.5 and 13.5 Gen2 RPM (both boosted) on RS Pro ESC's and see that i have arrived at pretty much the same ESC settings for both motors. The gearing on the 17.5 is longer.

Is that in the ballpark of what you would expect? I am running the 223 software version on both ESC's.

Your input is greatly appreciated.
Yes,

The two winds aren't too far apart on esc setups most of the time. As you've found the gearing is usually the only difference.