R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #22891
Tech Initiate

Ok. i have seen those setup sheets about 50 times i guess, but not many mod setup`s there. the 6.6 setup with boost 50 and turbo 15 looks agressive to me, but maybe not because of the wide rpm range? i`m still not shure what to start with in the setup, wider rpm range and more boost?? sound wrong to me but i have very little experience with mod motors...

The other setup with 4t motor is in dual mode and that did not work good at our track, to get good top speed the fdr would be way to low for 5,5. and the temp was already high..

the temp is now ok with the current setup.

The track is not wery big, but is has a long straight, about 60m (200ft)

if it looses sensors as you think, why? because of the agressive setup? what makes this agressive? and what would you change to make this work better and still have good top speed?

Thanks!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #22892
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

I'm simply saying not many tracks need boosted mod. A track with a 200ft straight is quite large and here in the US we do have them. True they're not as many as Europe and Asia.

Regardless my point is that a boosted mod motor setup would draw and will draw an immense amount of mah from the battery. In 5 minute taking only 2000mah or less tells me it's not being ran boosted.

The setup isn't causing the lack of sensor drive. You're either losing the sensors on the motor and the esc is defaulting to dual mode or you're testing them but not catching them drop out.

My first suggestion is to take the 10.5 out of the other car and assure that it works as it does in the 2nd car. This would eliminate the setup/motor, wiring,etc.

A boosted 5.5 should always out run a boosted 10.5, it's just simple math.

I've seen quite a few motors test fine on the sensor test on the bench but have a dirty or poor signal at speed. This will force the esc into dual mode and therefore lose ANY boost and turbo that is set.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #22893
Tech Rookie

I know it may be in the wrong thread, but can I run my RS Pro in a SCT with the Tekin Redline SC4X motors, and if so will it do the whole range of the SC4X motors? thanks guys
Tony G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #22894
Tech Initiate

Thank you ! will try it as soon as possible, will also try to check and clean the motor.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #22895
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EskimoGangsta Send a message via MSN to EskimoGangsta Send a message via Skype™ to EskimoGangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
I know it may be in the wrong thread, but can I run my RS Pro in a SCT with the Tekin Redline SC4X motors, and if so will it do the whole range of the SC4X motors? thanks guys
I'm pretty sure rs/rs pro are 540 motors or lower. In a 4x4 sct you really want something like a Rx8.

Now if your running a 2wd sct The rs/sr pro would work great, but you'd need a 540 size motor.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #22896
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

When hooking up a silver can for forward only, do I have to wire it according to forward-only diagram? Or can I hook it up according to the forward / reverse diagram?

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #22897
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
When hooking up a silver can for forward only, do I have to wire it according to forward-only diagram? Or can I hook it up according to the forward / reverse diagram?

-Mike
You can wire it up either way but understand if it's wired up fwd/rev you will have reverse.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #22898
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
You can wire it up either way but understand if it's wired up fwd/rev you will have reverse.
I meant to ask about silver can with motor type set to forward only. I went ahead and wired it like the instructions. It doesn't look pretty, but it works.

-Mike
Old 10-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #22899
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
I meant to ask about silver can with motor type set to forward only. I went ahead and wired it like the instructions. It doesn't look pretty, but it works.

-Mike
yes Mike
That's how I did it ..just wired FW only...
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #22900
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EskimoGangsta Send a message via MSN to EskimoGangsta Send a message via Skype™ to EskimoGangsta

Quote:

-Mike
Just wondering. What are you putting a silver can in anyways? the only thing i can think of is taymia mini, or maybe F1, but if running a class like that whats the advantage in using a rs?
Old 10-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #22901
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

For anyone that has issues with Tekin support you need to think twice.

I was at IIC this last week in Las Vegas, with Tekin being one of the title sponsors, Randy, Jim, and his wife were present. They provided outstanding support for me and several others from club I race at. If you ever get a chance to attend a national event Tekin sponsors you'll find out what I'm talking about.

Thanks again Randy and Tekin.

Was able to get a look at the the new Redline V2 motors, they look pretty sweet.

FYI, I also found out one of the main causes for 1,2,6,7 blinking LED's, ESC damage, are motor coils shorting or the motor solder tabs touching. To help prevent this, make sure your solder joints are clean with proper spacing between the tabs, and you don't have loose solder tabs on your motor.

For those in the electronics business you'll understand theirs nothing that can be done based on what is required to make a high performance product with the smallest possible footprint. All ESC's on the market today would suffer a similar failure if you shorted motor coils while the ESC is trying to drive the motor.
5280 Raceway
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 19-22nd 2018 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com

Last edited by bkspeedo; 10-07-2012 at 09:27 PM.
bkspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #22902
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoGangsta View Post
Just wondering. What are you putting a silver can in anyways? the only thing i can think of is taymia mini, or maybe F1, but if running a class like that whats the advantage in using a rs?
We have a class we call scale spec. It's 25.5 brushless or silver can, with vta or rcgt style cars. I'm getting an older car ready to sell as a rwady to race pacjage, but I don't want to let go of my ballistic 25.5 yet. The RS is just what I have that'll run the motor.

-Mike
Old 10-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #22903
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default D3.5 13.5T settings

Anyone have any suggestions for settings of a Trinity D3.5 13.5T, running onroad TC on a medium - large flowing asphalt circuit.

Started with my Speed Passion MMM settings but dropped total timing due to extra timing on the endbell.

Ran the following but were getting temps in the 85-90 degrees C range.
Tried some changes but dropped lap times without dropping temp much.
Outside temp was 20-25 degrees C

V2.23
Boost - max
range - 5K-15K (took it up to 20K)
turbo - 10
turbo delay - 0 (tried .2)
Ramp - 2
FDR - 6.7 (tried 7.0)
endbell - 20 (dropped to 15 degrees)

Thanks

Dave
OZDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #22904
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
I'm simply saying not many tracks need boosted mod. A track with a 200ft straight is quite large and here in the US we do have them. True they're not as many as Europe and Asia.

Regardless my point is that a boosted mod motor setup would draw and will draw an immense amount of mah from the battery. In 5 minute taking only 2000mah or less tells me it's not being ran boosted.

The setup isn't causing the lack of sensor drive. You're either losing the sensors on the motor and the esc is defaulting to dual mode or you're testing them but not catching them drop out.

My first suggestion is to take the 10.5 out of the other car and assure that it works as it does in the 2nd car. This would eliminate the setup/motor, wiring,etc.

A boosted 5.5 should always out run a boosted 10.5, it's just simple math.

I've seen quite a few motors test fine on the sensor test on the bench but have a dirty or poor signal at speed. This will force the esc into dual mode and therefore lose ANY boost and turbo that is set.

did some testing this saturday. put in a x12 8,5 i had here, and it works fine, like a rocket.. put the 5.5 in another friends car with a MMP esc, and it was SLOW...maybe worse than before.. not responding to endbell timing or timing from esc, tried 2 sensor wires, i dit not have any new wires but they have been working fine always before..

i suspect sensorboard??

any idea?
Old 10-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #22905
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZDC View Post
Anyone have any suggestions for settings of a Trinity D3.5 13.5T, running onroad TC on a medium - large flowing asphalt circuit.

Started with my Speed Passion MMM settings but dropped total timing due to extra timing on the endbell.

Ran the following but were getting temps in the 85-90 degrees C range.
Tried some changes but dropped lap times without dropping temp much.
Outside temp was 20-25 degrees C

V2.23
Boost - max
range - 5K-15K (took it up to 20K)
turbo - 10
turbo delay - 0 (tried .2)
Ramp - 2
FDR - 6.7 (tried 7.0)
endbell - 20 (dropped to 15 degrees)

Thanks

Dave
You have too much overall timing and that just makes heat instead of speed. Set the endbell to 0. boost to 50 and delay to .2 to .4.
I will not send Pay Pal as a gift or add fees to the price so DO NOT ASK!
BCbud is offline   Reply With Quote