Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 02-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Time and time again we've educated our competition.
Apparently not enough to keep boosted classes going at ROAR events..

Can't wait for the update.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

So their's going to be another version of software coming out before carpet nats? Will it be approved by then ? If not will 212 still be legal?
Old 02-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yes, ROAR will get the latest software and it will be submitted for approval, as always.

I don't think it will be an issue. We're doing all we can to accommodate ROAR.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Has 222 been officially pulled? I cannot seem to find the download anymore!
Old 02-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Team Tekin

Ok guys, if you're trying to download 222 right now and can't here's why.

Sensorless operation was inadvertintly turned off in this version which is often done during testing. So should your sensor harness come unplugged during a run or if you're trying to use the esc with a sensorless motor it will not function properly. We omit the sensorless start routine during testing so we can tell if sensored only is working . Otherwise our cool dual mode tricks even us at times.

Also, we are adding a new active brake setting for the RS/RSPro that will feel more like V212 in super boosted setups at high rpms. So for those of you that feel that the 222 brakes are a bit weak at the end of the straight away this will give you the additional brake power you're looking for. In classes like 2wd offroad 212 brakes had room for improvement in feel and modulation. Now that spec racing is becoming more popular the team felt that the added driveability of the 222 brakes made for faster laptimes, something we're always looking to improve.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Ok guys, if you're trying to download 222 right now and can't here's why.

Sensorless operation was inadvertintly turned off in this version which is often done during testing. So should your sensor harness come unplugged during a run or if you're trying to use the esc with a sensorless motor it will not function properly. We omit the sensorless start routine during testing so we can tell if sensored only is working . Otherwise our cool dual mode tricks even us at times.

Also, we are adding a new active brake setting for the RS/RSPro that will feel more like V212 in super boosted setups at high rpms. So for those of you that feel that the 222 brakes are a bit weak at the end of the straight away this will give you the additional brake power you're looking for. In classes like 2wd offroad 212 brakes had room for improvement in feel and modulation. Now that spec racing is becoming more popular the team felt that the added driveability of the 222 brakes made for faster laptimes, something we're always looking to improve.
Randy, any idea when this will be back up to download the latest and greatest from Tekin?
Old 02-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
Randy, any idea when this will be back up to download the latest and greatest from Tekin?
He's already answered a few times.

"Yes, ROAR will get the latest software and it will be submitted for approval, as always.

I don't think it will be an issue. We're doing all we can to accommodate ROAR."

Meaning their trying to get it approved asap. and i did recall an earlier response saying it should be out with no problems before ROAR capret nats.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

since ROAR has already approved 222, why not leave it downloadable? I understand the issue with having sensorless mode disabled and the brakes; but that could easily be noted in the download as an errata/known issue with 222; and then it's up to us (the end users) to decide what we want to do.

-RS & RS Pro owner
Old 02-16-2012, 01:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by slashdriver
since ROAR has already approved 222, why not leave it downloadable? I understand the issue with having sensorless mode disabled and the brakes; but that could easily be noted in the download as an errata/known issue with 222; and then it's up to us (the end users) to decide what we want to do.

-RS & RS Pro owner
Why leave a software up on their site with a known issue with the sensor wire?
I think they did the right thing taking it down till they had it perfected. and he also said he would email it out if anyone wanted to try. and i myself could email it out to if you want it.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What version of software are the ESCs shipping with now? Every one that I've gotten since 208 came out has needed to be updated right out of the box, which means that it didn't have LEGAL software to race (or at least the current legal). I can't imagine that every single Tekin user is here on RCT, or any other web board, for that matter, and knows what's going on.

With 222 taken down, everyone buying a Tekin ESC/Hotwire for the first time and hoping to race is dead in the water to support themselves until 222.1 is put online or someone else at their track has 212/222 and is willing to share.

Tekin stiff armed everyone 'getting it right' for so long, and issues still got by their QA. Hopefully this brings about a few more steps in the "Before you release new software" checklist.

At least having partial software with a warning (222) or older but still approved software (212) would allow them to update and get going until this issue gets figured out (at the mercy of ROAR's schedule) WITHOUT EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM CALLING OR EMAILING TEKIN.

I would have thought the 'right move' would have been putting 212 back up in the interim.

If this were sorted out overnight, we wouldn't even be talking about it......but it's been longer than overnight (222 was released Feb 9th).

Last edited by Buckaroo; 02-16-2012 at 05:29 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

...and the culture of instant gratification strikes again... sheesh.

Randy, I know you're bust right now (see above) but you can take your time answering this, I won't be on track for a few more months at the earliest. I posted this and was hoping you could give me your thoughts on my situation (see below). Thanks in advance!

"Quick question about the wire posts on a standard: I'm running 12th scale 10.5/13.5 with and LRP X12. If I have the +'ve and -"ve battery posts covered with shrink wrap, is that going to cause overheating problems? I'll be running mild boost on an average sized track. The motor wire posts are not covered by shrink wrap. Thanks in advance!

Maybe I should explain how I have it setup. The posts aren't completely covered, I've soldered male bullets onto the tops of the battery posts and I've got heat shrink on the female bullets coming from the battery. I'd say the top 1/4 of the posts are covered. I'll keep an eye on temps (whenever I get a chance to run it) and report back."
Old 02-16-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
What version of software are the ESCs shipping with now? Every one that I've gotten since 208 came out has needed to be updated right out of the box, which means that it didn't have LEGAL software to race (or at least the current legal). I can't imagine that every single Tekin user is here on RCT, or any other web board, for that matter, and knows what's going on.

With 222 taken down, everyone buying a Tekin ESC/Hotwire for the first time and hoping to race is dead in the water to support themselves until 222.1 is put online or someone else at their track has 212/222 and is willing to share.

Tekin stiff armed everyone 'getting it right' for so long, and issues still got by their QA. Hopefully this brings about a few more steps in the "Before you release new software" checklist.

At least having partial software with a warning (222) or older but still approved software (212) would allow them to update and get going until this issue gets figured out (at the mercy of ROAR's schedule) WITHOUT EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM CALLING OR EMAILING TEKIN.

I would have thought the 'right move' would have been putting 212 back up in the interim.

If this were sorted out overnight, we wouldn't even be talking about it......but it's been longer than overnight (222 was released Feb 9th).

News flash 222 is not Roar approved and if it was not for cry babies 222 would still be up.

Tekin is trying to correct a mistake and anyone still complains. One member has over 40 post about the brakes. You win
Old 02-16-2012, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wall Banger
News flash 222 is not Roar approved and if it was not for cry babies 222 would still be up.

Tekin is trying to correct a mistake and anyone still complains. One member has over 40 post about the brakes. You win
Just because it's not on the ROAR website yet doesn't mean it's not ROAR approved. ROAR does not update the website daily. So unless your tied into ROAR some how or know someone inside, i think your comments are bit zealous.

For those complaining about brakes, i agree, you don't need to comment about it 40 times. I think Randy got it the first time.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Just because it's not on the ROAR website yet doesn't mean it's not ROAR approved. ROAR does not update the website daily. So unless your tied into ROAR some how or know someone inside, i think your comments are bit zealous.

For those complaining about brakes, i agree, you don't need to comment about it 40 times. I think Randy got it the first time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill
Will any version of 222 be legal for the ROAR Carpet Nationals next month?

Thanks.

Bill
Maybe, that's up to ROAR. The next version will of course be submitted and likely approved in time for Carpet Nats.

I maybe wrong, which I am sometimes, but it sounds like 222 does not have approval yet has been submitted.

Nice try BK
Old 02-16-2012, 08:02 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by adam lancia
...and the culture of instant gratification strikes again... sheesh.

Randy, I know you're bust right now (see above) but you can take your time answering this, I won't be on track for a few more months at the earliest. I posted this and was hoping you could give me your thoughts on my situation (see below). Thanks in advance!

"Quick question about the wire posts on a standard: I'm running 12th scale 10.5/13.5 with and LRP X12. If I have the +'ve and -"ve battery posts covered with shrink wrap, is that going to cause overheating problems? I'll be running mild boost on an average sized track. The motor wire posts are not covered by shrink wrap. Thanks in advance!

Maybe I should explain how I have it setup. The posts aren't completely covered, I've soldered male bullets onto the tops of the battery posts and I've got heat shrink on the female bullets coming from the battery. I'd say the top 1/4 of the posts are covered. I'll keep an eye on temps (whenever I get a chance to run it) and report back."
There's no real reason to shrink wrap the posts. They're not likely ever going to come in contact with each ohter. It won't ruin the esc, worst case it runs hotter than non soldered posts. This mind you would only be noticed if you had the posts facing in the direction of air flow in the first place(which most don't).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.