R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-15-2012, 12:40 AM   #21961
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
We have had requests for additional brake power in boosted spec TC classes, and we are going to give it to you. We are adding a new active brake setting that will feel more like V212 in super boosted setups at high rpms. So for those of you that feel that the 222 brakes are a bit weak at the end of the straight away this will give you the additional brake power you're looking for. In classes like 2wd offroad 212 brakes had room for improvement in feel and modulation. Now that spec racing is becoming more popular the team felt that the added driveability of the 222 brakes made for faster laptimes, something we're always looking to improve.
Thats really good Randy. I think this will be a very welcome addition to a good upgrade. It's also great to see Tekin taking a note of drivers and making amendments so quickly....othe rmanufacturers would probably say "ok, in the next revision" which would be months away.

Looking forward to the slight change !
Jo90uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:30 AM   #21962
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quick question about the wire posts on a standard: I'm running 12th scale 10.5/13.5 with and LRP X12. If I have the +'ve and -"ve battery posts covered with shrink wrap, is that going to cause overheating problems? I'll be running mild boost on an average sized track. The motor wire posts are not covered by shrink wrap. Thanks in advance!
adam lancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:24 AM   #21963
Con
Tech Adept

You shouldn't cover any of the posts with shrink wrap. All 5 posts are used for cooling.
Con is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:29 AM   #21964
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I cover mine slightly, have no issues what so ever with esc temps. I run boosted 17.5. I go maybe 5mm below the solder join onto the post with heat shrink, and its all 5 posts.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:44 AM   #21965
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam lancia View Post
Quick question about the wire posts on a standard: I'm running 12th scale 10.5/13.5 with and LRP X12. If I have the +'ve and -"ve battery posts covered with shrink wrap, is that going to cause overheating problems? I'll be running mild boost on an average sized track. The motor wire posts are not covered by shrink wrap. Thanks in advance!
I wouldnt, the design is done so that these posts are effectivelt heat sinks. Regardless of what motor, keep them open and also position your speedo so you know it will get airflow to the posts as well.
Jo90uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:04 AM   #21966
Tech Addict

Maybe I should explain how I have it setup. The posts aren't completely covered, I've soldered male bullets onto the tops of the battery posts and I've got heat shrink on the female bullets coming from the battery. I'd say the top 1/4 of the posts are covered. I'll keep an eye on temps (whenever I get a chance to run it) and report back.
adam lancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #21967
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Will any version of 222 be legal for the ROAR Carpet Nationals next month?

Thanks.

Bill
Maybe, that's up to ROAR. The next version will of course be submitted and likely approved in time for Carpet Nats.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #21968
Team Tekin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato View Post
What does the active brake do? Does it adjust throttle lift engine braking? Not off throttle but partial throttle braking?
I saw it appear in my v222 install then disappear.
I'm not going to go into great detail about "what" it's doing other than to say it's giving you more braking power in high boosted setups with motor like 17.5's,etc.
V212 brakes were very good in boosted TC, but not so good everywhere else in our opinion. V222 brakes are excellent everywhere except boosted spec TC. Now you have both.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Old 02-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #21969
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rangerjkb

Are the "Timming Tab" setting incraments (ie. Boost:50, Turbo:10. etc.) the same between v212 & v222 to produce same motor performance? When initially tried v222, felt much smoother but slower on top end than the v212 carry overy settings. Great job on the new programming and any feedback is greatly appreciated.
rangerjkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #21970
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerjkb View Post
Are the "Timming Tab" setting incraments (ie. Boost:50, Turbo:10. etc.) the same between v212 & v222 to produce same motor performance? When initially tried v222, felt much smoother but slower on top end than the v212 carry overy settings. Great job on the new programming and any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Thats what john thought to about the 222 im still running 212.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #21971
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerjkb View Post
the timing tab section is the same. it may seem slower because you dont have nearly as much of a "jerky" powerband now.

Thanks Jason
Old 02-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #21972
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
I'm not going to go into great detail about "what" it's doing other than to say it's giving you more braking power in high boosted setups with motor like 17.5's,etc.
V212 brakes were very good in boosted TC, but not so good everywhere else in our opinion. V222 brakes are excellent everywhere except boosted spec TC. Now you have both.
Why not just give the option of adjusting the feel. Like others have brake frequency adjustment. Or is that what the "active braking" adjustment is?
Old 02-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #21973
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EskimoGangsta Send a message via MSN to EskimoGangsta Send a message via Skype™ to EskimoGangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdude View Post
Why not just give the option of adjusting the feel. Like others have brake frequency adjustment. Or is that what the "active braking" adjustment is?
He said he wasn't going into details
Their fixing it to the way we want. i think we should leave it at that
Old 02-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #21974
Team Tekin

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdude View Post
It's not that simple. I realize that might not be the answer you want but that's the answer I'm willing to give. Time and time again we've educated our competition, we've learned to keep the details quiet.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #21975
Tech Master

Quote:
It's not that simple. I realize that might not be the answer you want but that's the answer I'm willing to give. Time and time again we've educated our competition, we've learned to keep the details quiet.
Fair enough.

Time line on release (pending ROAR approval)?

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote