R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Tekin RS ESC sensored (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/218152-tekin-rs-esc-sensored.html)

gonzo416 02-10-2012 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by HB Moose (Post 10309757)
Installing on win 7 64. Deleted everything Tekin first. It installs but shows only 212 for versions. One thing I noticed is the hotwire software version shows as 8.7.2 on the help tab on startup.

I did the same. I see the throttle curve option but says it is not supported with this version.

Randy, After install is it supposed to show 222 on the current version in the Hotwire interface?

light 02-10-2012 07:26 PM

I'm running a net book with win7 pro and the only way I can get the 222 to work is to set the file properties to run in win98 service pack3 compatibility mode.

I did a fresh install and deleted all the hidden files but I could only get it to show 212 so this was the only way to get it any ideas?

GW

gonzo416 02-10-2012 07:30 PM

I would think if 222 is installed, the Hotwire interface should show 222, not 212.

duggyload 02-10-2012 07:40 PM

Love it
Installed on windows 7 1st time no problems
And the buttons seem to be sorted
Thanks Tekin

InspGadgt 02-10-2012 07:42 PM

For those having issues...did you do an uninstall before deleting the 212 files or did you just delete? The 2 are vastly different so if you just deleted you probably missed files in other locations and registry entries. If you still have the old version install files you might try reinstalling that and then either uninstalling it through control panel or just installing the new version over it.

I just installed mine without uninstalling the old version on Win7 basic and had no issues at all.

gonzo416 02-10-2012 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by InspGadgt (Post 10310006)
For those having issues...did you do an uninstall before deleting the 212 files or did you just delete? The 2 are vastly different so if you just deleted you probably missed files in other locations and registry entries. If you still have the old version install files you might try reinstalling that and then either uninstalling it through control panel or just installing the new version over it.

I just installed mine without uninstalling the old version on Win7 basic and had no issues at all.

Does it show 222 in the Tekin interface?

Randy_Pike 02-10-2012 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by HB Moose (Post 10309757)
Installing on win 7 64. Deleted everything Tekin first. It installs but shows only 212 for versions. One thing I noticed is the hotwire software version shows as 8.7.2 on the help tab on startup.

Did you hit "advanced" and then select 222 and update your esc?

NomadRC 02-10-2012 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by tallyrc (Post 10309905)
i'd need a lot more info than that.. track type, 2s or 1s? traction?

Track type = Asphalt
2s or 1s - 2s
traction - however it is on the day - but probably low to medium traction most of the time

JEFFs SC10 02-10-2012 10:49 PM

Got this esc and love it. Ive seen the light.

chris_blakey 02-10-2012 11:28 PM

thanks guys, new software looks great. Installed no dramas on 2 win 7 machines 1 32bit and 1 64bit. Can't wait to give it a try but have to wait a couple of weeks :(

Potato 02-10-2012 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by RoyU (Post 10305333)
When I was setting up my RS with the 222, there was an "active braking" section. I was moving the bar up and down and it disappeared from the dashboard. What happened?

I noticed the same problem! I was starting to think that I was hallucinating. "Active braking" seems really useful (something I've been wanting for a long time). My Hotwire install showed it at first, but now it's gone! I think it's a bug in the software, because I have a clean install and it showed up initially but disappeared soon after I changed a few parameters.

iwkyb 02-11-2012 12:13 AM

I guess I am the first to crash the string of good news.

I have been having issue with the car losing speed after about 4 minutes for a while (feels like the car just lost all boost - no punch, no top speed). After updating to the new software, this happens after 3-4 laps.

Turn the car off for a few minutes - it will run fine for 3-4 laps then same thing happens.

Initially I thought that it was my motor (13.5 speed passion MMM) over heating (about 70 degrees after 6 minutes run) but since then I have tried different gearing/less boost - nothing helps - even if the temp was under 60 degrees.

Got a new motor (13.5 turn team powers) thinking that was the problem - installed it and run a safe boost setting - 30 boost/ 10 turbo - same thing happens

So I guess the question will be is my ECS gone?

its 4 months old and only ran in 1 race day. Never ran above 3 LED on the internal temp monitor. everything resoldered to check for bad connections. Also tried different batteries

thanks for the help

InspGadgt 02-11-2012 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by gonzo416 (Post 10310015)
Does it show 222 in the Tekin interface?

Yes mine worked fine right from the get go.

macdude 02-11-2012 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by iwkyb (Post 10310774)
I guess I am the first to crash the string of good news.

I have been having issue with the car losing speed after about 4 minutes for a while (feels like the car just lost all boost - no punch, no top speed). After updating to the new software, this happens after 3-4 laps.

Turn the car off for a few minutes - it will run fine for 3-4 laps then same thing happens.

Initially I thought that it was my motor (13.5 speed passion MMM) over heating (about 70 degrees after 6 minutes run) but since then I have tried different gearing/less boost - nothing helps - even if the temp was under 60 degrees.

Got a new motor (13.5 turn team powers) thinking that was the problem - installed it and run a safe boost setting - 30 boost/ 10 turbo - same thing happens

So I guess the question will be is my ECS gone?

its 4 months old and only ran in 1 race day. Never ran above 3 LED on the internal temp monitor. everything resoldered to check for bad connections. Also tried different batteries

thanks for the help

A couple of things to check. First I would do the firmware update over again. Then recalibrate the ESC to your radio. Also check your sensor harness and make sure it is not loose are has any broken leads. You can see how to check your sensor board here.
In the software make sure that you have selected sensored only mode.
At the out chance that your radio end points wander a bit, if your radio allows it move your throttle high end point up a couple of percent. The default on my radio is 70% so I can go up quite a bit from the default. I have seen this in a few instances where the radio is not making the ESC see full throttle every time. Just giving your end point a bump might help.

gonzo416 02-11-2012 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike (Post 10310251)
Did you hit "advanced" and then select 222 and update your esc?

I hit advanced and all it shows is 212.