R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #21706
Tech Master
 
miller tyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,712
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAT OUT View Post
Are we ever going to see this new software, seems to be taking a very long time
The delay is in ROAR's hands, they need to approve the Blinky mode. Hopefully they get it done this week so it can be used for Snowbirds.
__________________
Ken Miller
RCTarget - Capricorn - Pro Level RC - MAX Power - Maxima Fuel - EA Motorsorts - TQ Wire

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #21707
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: York, SC
Posts: 179
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I just an app for my iPhone or ipad
__________________
Www.xtremercracing.com
www.facebook.com/xtremercracing
XTREME RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #21708
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 289
Default

What is the hold up ROAR! C'mon... lol

I got a "big" race this weekend that I would love to have the new software for.
__________________
Michael Zufelt

It's not how you stand next to your car, it's how you race your car.

http://www.dynamichobbies.com
TheZoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #21709
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZoof View Post
What is the hold up ROAR! C'mon... lol

I got a "big" race this weekend that I would love to have the new software for.
its more than just roar,randy is away at the Reedy race there there is one reason,there not going to release it until everything is ready
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:18 AM   #21710
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 180
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default tekin rs pro & redline 17.5 boosted

hi, am running a rs pro with the redline 17.5 boosted in my local track - on road touring (asphalt) in Asia. i am using the Hara setup as guide, but i have increased the FDR to 6.65. very good top speed for the straights but am not getting the acceleration in field. would decreasing the end rpm and start rpm give me a little more power in field?

thanks
rshair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #21711
Tech Fanatic
 
kakaroctt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: DMCS~drcc team
Posts: 817
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

hello and good day guys....
i need some help..im running rs pro with newly buy orca rxII 10.5t...my problem is,its temperature going up to 80-85C within 5 minute run time (day)..plus rear belt keep snapping when out of the corner...so i guess i have to lowered down something...but i dont know where to adjust...boost?ramp?currently im running vegas 212..can u guys help me with the setup?would be very appreciate....
__________________
LEGGERE LE ISTRUZIONI PRIMA DELL' USO !
kakaroctt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #21712
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,686
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakaroctt View Post
hello and good day guys....
i need some help..im running rs pro with newly buy orca rxII 10.5t...my problem is,its temperature going up to 80-85C within 5 minute run time (day)..plus rear belt keep snapping when out of the corner...so i guess i have to lowered down something...but i dont know where to adjust...boost?ramp?currently im running vegas 212..can u guys help me with the setup?would be very appreciate....
We need a lot more info.
What are your ESC settings?
Motor timing?
FDR?
Size of track (tight or open layout)
What car model?
Is the drivetrain free?

May be under geared and over timed. IMO
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:38 PM   #21713
Tech Regular
 
racing_jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakaroctt View Post
hello and good day guys....
i need some help..im running rs pro with newly buy orca rxII 10.5t...my problem is,its temperature going up to 80-85C within 5 minute run time (day)..plus rear belt keep snapping when out of the corner...so i guess i have to lowered down something...but i dont know where to adjust...boost?ramp?currently im running vegas 212..can u guys help me with the setup?would be very appreciate....
if you are snaping belts i would assume that your rear belt is to loose tighten it up.
as far as settings like stated above we need some more info track size traction and etc.
if you wanna just try something i would run like 30 on the boost with a real wide rpm range such as 5-20,000 to start no timing on the motor its self.

thanks Jason
__________________
Thank you to my sponsors-
Team Associated-Reedy-ProLine-B&B Hobbies Racing
racing_jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #21714
Tech Fanatic
 
kakaroctt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: DMCS~drcc team
Posts: 817
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
We need a lot more info.
What are your ESC settings?
Motor timing?
FDR?
Size of track (tight or open layout)
What car model?
Is the drivetrain free?

May be under geared and over timed. IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing_jason View Post
if you are snaping belts i would assume that your rear belt is to loose tighten it up.
as far as settings like stated above we need some more info track size traction and etc.
if you wanna just try something i would run like 30 on the boost with a real wide rpm range such as 5-20,000 to start no timing on the motor its self.

thanks Jason
thanks for replying guys...
ok here we go..im running;
esc setting-kinda bit messy i think..vegas 212,boost 50,turbo 18,ramp 1,delay 0.1..
model-xray t3 '12
motor timing 1
FDR 6.1
track-asphalt,medium technical,little tight corner but sharp,180feet straight line,actually i dont know how to explain..so here is my track..


i just need recomendation on esc setting etc...tomorrow is race day,fell reaaly blank right now..
__________________
LEGGERE LE ISTRUZIONI PRIMA DELL' USO !

Last edited by kakaroctt; 02-02-2012 at 06:22 PM.
kakaroctt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #21715
Tech Fanatic
 
kakaroctt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: DMCS~drcc team
Posts: 817
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

daily temp is about 28-30c....
__________________
LEGGERE LE ISTRUZIONI PRIMA DELL' USO !
kakaroctt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #21716
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bourbonnais, IL
Posts: 760
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Still no news on the new software??
__________________
DEX210 | DESC210 | TC6.1WC | B5m
Eclipse Hobbies & Raceway Bradley, IL | Sticky Kicks |
Bodies by P.C.R. Problem Child Racing|
Walkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #21717
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 180
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshair View Post
hi, am running a rs pro with the redline 17.5 boosted in my local track - on road touring (asphalt) in Asia. i am using the Hara setup as guide, but i have increased the FDR to 6.65. very good top speed for the straights but am not getting the acceleration in field. would decreasing the end rpm and start rpm give me a little more power in field?

thanks
anyone care to assist? Also If i were to increase the motor end bell timing to 5 deg (now set to zero), and decrease the boost to 45, with a higher start RPM say 7000 rpm and lower end rpm say 17000 rpm, will i get more power in field?
rshair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #21718
Tech Master
 
HarryLeach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton, VA, USA
Posts: 1,596
Send a message via AIM to HarryLeach
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshair View Post
anyone care to assist? Also If i were to increase the motor end bell timing to 5 deg (now set to zero), and decrease the boost to 45, with a higher start RPM say 7000 rpm and lower end rpm say 17000 rpm, will i get more power in field?
You're on the right track, but I would leave the motor at 0.

I usually run an RPM range between 6k and 16k, but 7k and 17k should work too.
__________________
Privateer racing lots of stuff.
Remember kids, racing isn't fair!
HarryLeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:49 AM   #21719
Tech Adept
 
sagejyoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 170
Default rs pro vs rs

i have looked at the comparisons between the rs pro and the rs what i would like to know from a punch perspective is would the rs pro have more punch than an Rs?

i was told a while ago that more FET's = more power and more punch would this hold true seeing that the RS pro has twice the amount of FET's the Rs has?

any help would be appreciated
sagejyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:35 AM   #21720
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 745
Default

The way I understand it the number of FET's are more important in terms of the power handling of the ESC when compared to the power delivery of the ESC, we've got plenty of guys at the club who run RS against RS Pro and there is no difference between the two in classes running 10.5 to 21.5.
__________________
Xray T4 2018 ~ HobbyWing Xerun XR10 Pro ~ Motiv RC 4.5
Xray X12 2018 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 1S ~ Speedzone 4.5

POWERED BY SPEEDZONE USA
Skitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin Redline RS Sensored ESC and motors, opinions for offroad? Cain Electric Off-Road 4230 06-07-2015 04:38 PM
Sensored vs. Sensorless lemansracer Electric On-Road 71 02-14-2009 03:19 AM
New Tekin Redline Sensored Motors are Roar Legal! Randy_Pike Electric On-Road 3 08-05-2008 02:08 AM
Tekin Redline Sensored 10.5 HUCKMAN Electric On-Road 6 07-15-2008 08:50 PM
sensored vs sensorless bprocket Rookie Zone 5 05-16-2008 09:38 AM


Tags
v203, vegas 2.0


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:22 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net