Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris_blakey
Bluetooth would inevitably lead to bluetooth hacking! You know someone would try it. I think it is a good idea for logging purposes but not for tuning!
You could hack all the cars in your race and change their settings right before the loop goes live
Old 12-15-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PFKAOG
You could hack all the cars in your race and change their settings right before the loop goes live
Or you could add some boost after you're on track in a blinky class and remove it before you went through tech again. I think blue tooth capability will just open the door wider for cheating. But no matter what you do, you will always have cheaters. Someone will always look for an advantage regardless of the rules.

I don't see why people have such an issue with taking a laptop to the track. I've got so much info saved on mine I want to take it. I've got all my manuals in PDF.

I'd like to see the Hotwire software be capable of saving setups so I can just load a file from my laptop, or save it to my laptop before I make changes so that I can easily go back to my standard settings.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Leave it as a "hotwire" interface where something has to be plugged into the ESC. That way if people are cheating, you'll see the hotwire plugged into their car.

Cheaters will find a way to cheat with bluetooth or not.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Odin544
I'd like to see the Hotwire software be capable of saving setups so I can just load a file from my laptop, or save it to my laptop before I make changes so that I can easily go back to my standard settings.
Or if not the ability to save setups, the ability to read a simple text file that contains various settings, something like:

profile c1
boost 50
turbo 10
start 5000
end 20000
ramp 3
delay 0.3
neutral 10
drag 20

etc. Then you could manually have copies of settings and easily cut/paste into a simple text document. Human readable, able to be posted on web pages, etc.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Not being able to save, import, and export settings has always been a pet peeve of mine with the Hotwire software. That and the interface. Why can't I import someone's settings? Writing down esc settings on a PDF seems so antiquated; you could easily export it to a text file, call it .tek and we would all be uploading and sharing our ESC Setups much easier.

As for cheating and Bluetooth, etc, easiest thing is if there is going to be a non-boost blinky class it should only allow non-updatable speed controls. All "blinky mode" has done is now given people the suspicion that the guy that just out motored them has "hacked" the software.

I've stopped running Tekin in my spec cars for this very reason.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Or if not the ability to save setups, the ability to read a simple text file that contains various settings, something like:

profile c1
boost 50
turbo 10
start 5000
end 20000
ramp 3
delay 0.3
neutral 10
drag 20

etc. Then you could manually have copies of settings and easily cut/paste into a simple text document. Human readable, able to be posted on web pages, etc.

I know everyone will be pleased with the version after it is released
Old 12-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default esc

It would be nice if tekin had a way to plug in the hotwire without having to unplug the wire from the receiver. In offroad and some onroad cars its a real pain in the neck tp access the receiver in a box when the ESC is setting in the open. I remember at 1 time Novak had a place to tune the ESC with a micro usb. Any thoughts?
Old 12-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Adept

Pleased to see we are moving back "on topic".

Peter
Old 12-15-2011, 11:06 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdhyams
It would be nice if tekin had a way to plug in the hotwire without having to unplug the wire from the receiver. In offroad and some onroad cars its a real pain in the neck tp access the receiver in a box when the ESC is setting in the open. I remember at 1 time Novak had a place to tune the ESC with a micro usb. Any thoughts?
Speedo companies have to be careful now how they communicate and program via a cable. A certain speedo company out there does hold the patent for it and is the reason several companies are having issues with speedo releases and importing into the US right now.

EA
Old 12-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdhyams
get a 3in extension wire,now you don't have to unplug it from the rx
Old 12-15-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
You still have to unplug it from the extension which puts wear and tear on the plug and increases the likelyhood that a pin will not plug back in good...not to mention it is messy. I too would rather have a port on the ESC (or on the switch like the Viper) to plug the Hotwire into instead of the servo lead.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Lightbulb

It's amazing how much adding a simple 3" servo entension relieves any trouble from accessing the RX to program the ESC.

Edit:Beaten to the punch!

Worried about wear and tear on the connector? Really? Do you program the ESC that often? For most normal humans, it's installed in the car, played with somewhat early on to get things close, and only fiddled with once in a while after that.

If anything does go bad, you you can open the case and solder in a new wire harness very easily. In fact, it's a common mod to upgrade the harness to larger wires and to open the hole in the case to prevent crimping of the wires that causes wire breakage.

By your logic, one more port is one MORE connector to worry about failing.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default +1

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
You still have to unplug it from the extension which puts wear and tear on the plug and increases the likelyhood that a pin will not plug back in good...not to mention it is messy. I too would rather have a port on the ESC (or on the switch like the Viper) to plug the Hotwire into instead of the servo lead.
+1 just easier, nothing to unplug
Old 12-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

the plastic will easily hold up, its the wire i would be worried about.

With the extention, you can grab it by the plastic and not by the wire, lasts much longer.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
You can relieve some of the stress on the plug by putting a piece of shrink wrap part way on the plug and the wire.this also gives you a hold on the plug for when you need to unplug it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.