Tekin RS ESC sensored

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Team Tekin

I see the point. As a valued Tekin customer you should enjoy the benefits with the team drivers and have every advantage they do at major events.

If we had given it to all of our team drivers and not our customers then I definitely would agree. It was a unique chance to let a few of the worlds best give us some honest feedback… and it was very good!

Yes we use races like IIC and top racers like Hara, Blackstock and Cyrul to test new versions when we are privileged enough to do so. We did not allow very many team drivers to have it to avoid any controversy with spec stock classes. We did not feel it effected anyone directly because most of these guys are outrunning our competitions sponsored drivers, not our customers.

You do not know how changes really stack up until you take it to Vegas where the best in the world lay it down. It is the team drivers job to provide feedback and help us make it right. It is catch 22 to get this done and not make people feel left out. If it was something really significant like 203 was we would be more politically correct about it. This may end up being a lot bigger deal than we expected being just a feel issue and not about power, but apparently it is a very good feel which can make you go faster. You should see a lot more Tekin in the mod classes this year.

We are getting feedback from more of the team now in all classes onroad and offroad. Assuming no changes are needed we send it to ROAR for approval and share with everyone soon.

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 12-14-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Thanks.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Racing's not fair.

You don't have access to something you wish you did? That's tough, though the same story in any form of racing out there.

Want the best of everything? Prove that you're the best without it, then someone will pick you up and you'll have the best to continue proving it. It's a paradox, but in racing and sponsorship, it's paradoxical truth.

On topic:

Smoother throttle feel? Sounds good to me.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by YoDog
EA, what's the definition of "open class"?
Is it run anything that you find in your toolbox or run anything that is commercially available? legality aside, if it's anything goes then why not run foams tires in a rubber class? 3 cell rather than just 2? gyros, flux capacitors, rubber bands, hamsters, Photon generators, velcro tire caps, mythical creatures, paperclips, etc...
I'm not trashing Tekin, I love the product which is why it erks me that the tools to improve my chances of performing better are being used by the same Team I support yet these same tools are being used against me because I have been denied access to them. It's not just about weather or not any cheating was going on it's that the rest of us were not able to cheat too. I was wondering, do you pay for your racing? i.e travel, entry fees, equipment? I do...It's just a tough pill to swallow to hear that my chances of finishing better against the other branded equipment are being blocked by the representatives of the same brand I choose to spend my hard earned money on. Maybe not blocked but at the least, hampered.
Who cares about ORCA anyway? They don't have near the presence in the U.S. racing scene as Tekin so why complain. They are nobody in my book. Stupid name too...
Man we got your point (a few times now) and we agree with you all, but as Prez said they can only try these against tough competition to see if it works, I guess when you are as good as Hara and all, you will get to try the new software, I wish I was too
Old 12-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Team Tekin

In 2wd buggy, My Favorite Class, I think the big story will be the brakes as as much as the throttle

oops wrong thread, but still a true story. We are also loving the brakes and feel in TC rubber which is what we do a lot of our testing in on our carpet track.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry gotta say....... Tekin is full of sh**. Constantly changing software without other drivers knowing to "test" is whack. It gives their drivers an advantage and we all know it.... To Tekin prez, mr. Campbell & randy pike, you guys are full of sh**! It's the reason why I enjoy beating the snot out of your "team drivers" without the "enhanced " software!!! I mean , whatever ... Do what you have to to keep up rite? You will always be under scrutiny until you tell the truth or banned either is fine.
That is all
Old 12-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
If you read what I posted it clearly states it was ran in 13.5 OPEN 12th scale. You can run any freaking software you want there as there are no rules. At no point in time did ANYONE have it in a blinky class at the IIC....EVER. The software only changes the way the throttle feels. It changes nothing in any of the timing profiles that I know of. Just a nice smooth linear throttle. That is what Randy was referring to in his post.

It seems you missed that important part of the post.

Besides ORCA was allowed to run all week with ROAR illegal software that faild ROAR tech again as late as last week.....yet yall dont seem to give a rats ass about that.....

EA
EA,

I'm not talking about cheating .. I'm talking about the following 2 points:

1. Tekin representatives have said NO ONE had any new software available to them at IIC. That was untrue. We can talk in circles around that and disect each and ever word and spin it how ever we want but it would have been easier to just be honest and say yes we used new software in the open classes from the start.

2. I'm not sponsored = 212, you are 220. Would be nice to follow the same type of standard as motors and batteries, if it's not available to the public for a period of time .. you can't race it. It's not how it is now, but perhaps it's how it should be.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Dave Johnson
Sorry gotta say....... Tekin is full of sh**. Constantly changing software without other drivers knowing to "test" is whack. It gives their drivers an advantage and we all know it.... To Tekin prez, mr. Campbell & randy pike, you guys are full of sh**! It's the reason why I enjoy beating the snot out of your "team drivers" without the "enhanced " software!!! I mean , whatever ... Do what you have to to keep up rite? You will always be under scrutiny until you tell the truth or banned either is fine.
That is all

WOW!!

shame on Tekin for improving their product!!

I sell and have sold Tekin products for over 10yrs, long before brushless, they have always endeavored to improve their product, and I thank them for the work they put into Tekin products. Please continue your thankless work, the 'masses' [club racers such as myself] appreciate the fine products you have.

Speedy Bill
Old 12-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
@Arecee...Stophitting the boards and try to steer.
It will help you get true the corners

regards Roy
My point is that a couple board taps and/or collisions erase any tiny advantage of smoother/better firmware.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

That is all
They love you too...

Changing software constantly? we are using 212 for over a year now probably.

No need to be that way on a forum man, grow up. they are kids around here too.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:36 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
EA, what's the definition of "open class"?
Is it run anything that you find in your toolbox or run anything that is commercially available? legality aside, if it's anything goes then why not run foams tires in a rubber class? 3 cell rather than just 2? gyros, flux capacitors, rubber bands, hamsters, Photon generators, velcro tire caps, mythical creatures, paperclips, etc...

I was wondering, do you pay for your racing? i.e travel, entry fees, equipment? I do...
My definition of open class is you can run whatever the class specifies within the rules. There are no rules at the IIC for the 13.5 OPEN class for speedo software. It simply says "OPEN". See Jim's comment about how many actually had it and it did not make a difference anyway. The guys running it were going to finish where they did anyway.

And yes I probably spend more on racing than most. The past year Ive been to Snowbirds (7 days), Carpet nats (5 Days), Reedy Race (5 Days), Paved Nats (5 Days), IIC (10 Days). All those days away from work add up. I paid for every single air plane ticket myself, paid for all the hotels except 1 myself (I roomed with someone else that paid for that one), paid all the entries myself, all the food among other stuff. So yea....I pay way more to race than a lot do I am sure since I go to almost all the big races every year.

EA
Old 12-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Randy,
Stop by NorCal tonight so I can give you a big a hug. Love the work yur doin.
I just don't want you to think I'm bashing you or Tekin. It's my controller of choice and has been since the RS was introduced. I didn't just jump on board after the firmware was sorted out either. I Stand by you guys through it all.
Isn't there a way that you can share a beta firmware to all that want to try it at a given race without it leaving the building?
Perhaps load the firmware personally with a signed NDA and then reflash after the mains are over. Probably not...
Old 12-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

That is all
Come on Dave...why the hate? You could beat the snot out of about 99% of racers out there with a shoebox as good as you drive and setup your cars up. Your probably the smoothest non-pro driver there is anywhere. Anyone will attest to that.

EA
Old 12-14-2011, 02:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

That is all
I know, right? I've had to update my speed control like 5 times since I bought the thing! I hate knowing that there is something out there I can't have yet, as opposed to not knowing if there is new software the pros are using in their LRP/Speedpassion/Novak. If I don't know they have something new I don't feel at a disadvantage. Ignorance is my bliss!

[/Sarcasm]
Old 12-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
My definition of open class is you can run whatever the class specifies within the rules. There are no rules at the IIC for the 13.5 OPEN class for speedo software. It simply says "OPEN". See Jim's comment about how many actually had it and it did not make a difference anyway. The guys running it were going to finish where they did anyway.

And yes I probably spend more on racing than most. The past year Ive been to Snowbirds (7 days), Carpet nats (5 Days), Reedy Race (5 Days), Paved Nats (5 Days), IIC (10 Days). All those days away from work add up. I paid for every single air plane ticket myself, paid for all the hotels except 1 myself (I roomed with someone else that paid for that one), paid all the entries myself, all the food among other stuff. So yea....I pay way more to race than a lot do I am sure since I go to almost all the big races every year.

EA
I say Kudos to you my friend...You deserve to be a team driver.
The prez had chimed in while I was slowly typing and I think he did a great job of clarifying it all.
It's good to see that he understands that supporters of his products, like myself, have a vested interest in how his company does business and is perceived by others.

I'm now satisfied this situation. My typing is not fast enough to keep up with the flurry of responses so my comments may seem out of sync.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.