R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-12-2011, 09:46 AM   #21421
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Yeah you're losing the sensors off and on.

First thing is to try a 2s supply pack. This eliminates the possibility of the sensors not getting enough voltage under a load. Boosters or a rx pack that can't sustain the load will cause this issue.

Next is the motor since you've tried harness's,etc.

If you have even a single sensor going in and out this will be the result.
Good deal Randy.
Will give that a shot.

BTW. The only reason the motor was free revving was because my phone
could not pick up the rpm "noise" when it was attached to the drive train.
Its was only for that video to show what was going on. (good looking out though).
j.d.roost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #21422
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.d.roost View Post
Good deal Randy.
Will give that a shot.

BTW. The only reason the motor was free revving was because my phone
could not pick up the rpm "noise" when it was attached to the drive train.
Its was only for that video to show what was going on. (good looking out though).
As has been discussed a few times before, if you are having strange behavior with your RS while using 1s, the first thing to test is whether or not it works normally with a 2s battery pack. Checking this will identify the majority of 1s complaints and usually point out a bad booster or receiver pack.
If you don't have one, you can be sure someone else does and it only takes a minute or two to test.
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:50 PM   #21423
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey guys, i usually run 12th scale at my local track but recently took an interest in 2wd stadium truck and buggy, both mod and was wandering if a regular RS can handle a 6.5 in dual mode in these classes if i also add more caps to the esc? thanks!
Old 12-12-2011, 08:56 PM   #21424
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE View Post
Hey guys, i usually run 12th scale at my local track but recently took an interest in 2wd stadium truck and buggy, both mod and was wandering if a regular RS can handle a 6.5 in dual mode in these classes if i also add more caps to the esc? thanks!
i run a b44 with a 6.5 in dual mode with no boost but max timeing and have no probelms with my normal rs.

ed
Edwin Pibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:04 PM   #21425
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin Pibal View Post
i run a b44 with a 6.5 in dual mode with no boost but max timeing and have no probelms with my normal rs.

ed
sweet, thanks! what motor are you using and how many degrees timing on the endbell? Thanks!
Old 12-13-2011, 05:15 AM   #21426
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE View Post
sweet, thanks! what motor are you using and how many degrees timing on the endbell? Thanks!
dual mode doesn't use endbell timing
Old 12-13-2011, 10:19 AM   #21427
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Been running the new software for a couple of weeks now.

I have found there are almost no downsides to it.

The dead feel of the throttle at the beginning is gone.

The first time I ran it in my boosted 17.5 car it took some laps to get used to the new throttle feel. Its much smoother with good mid range.

Motor temps stayed good. They may have gone up slightly but not enough for the improvements to far outweigh this possible side effect.

There are also a couple other cool features like being able to save your setup with notes. As well as the end rpm being adjustable to 99k rpm. For modified.

I haven't tried it with modified yet but I can image this will help greatly with throttle feel in mod also.

Tekin got it right this time with the software, the car was much easier to drive and still fast as hell.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick

Last edited by L.Fairtrace; 12-13-2011 at 11:31 AM.
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #21428
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
dual mode doesn't use endbell timing
What are you talking about?
Endbell timing is always an option regardless of speed control settings.
It's a mechanical sensor positioning on the motor so the settings on the ESC have no bearing on whether or not you can set this.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:12 AM   #21429
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
What are you talking about?
Endbell timing is always an option regardless of speed control settings.
It's a mechanical sensor positioning on the motor so the settings on the ESC have no bearing on whether or not you can set this.
In dual mode motor timing is negated. We do not use the sensors for timing calculations.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #21430
Tech Master

Quote:
In dual mode motor timing is negated. We do not use the sensors for timing calculations.
I stand corrected...
You are right, without the sensor being monitored, no timing shift can take place regardless of endbell settings. I now realize Edwin was referring to "max timing" in the settings for DM.

thanks randy

P.S. when will we see the new firmware released?
Old 12-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #21431
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post

The first time I ran it in my boosted 17.5 car it took some laps to get used to the new throttle feel. Its much smoother with good mid range.

Motor temps stayed good. They may have gone up slightly but not enough for the improvements to far outweigh this possible side effect.

There are also a couple other cool features like being able to save your setup with notes. As well as the end rpm being adjustable to 99k rpm. For modified.

I haven't tried it with modified yet but I can image this will help greatly with throttle feel in mod also.

Tekin got it right this time with the software, the car was much easier to drive and still fast as hell.
Man, I'd like to try this out in my WGT car tomorrow night.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:57 AM   #21432
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post

When will this be available? Have a big race coming up this weekend and would be nice to try it out.

RC
Roadsplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:59 PM   #21433
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
So Randy for "real zero timing" dual mode and TP1 would be a total zero timing possibility from what you are saying?

No one answered my light question about sequence in blinky mode by the way

Regards

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:08 PM   #21434
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly986 View Post
So Randy for "real zero timing" dual mode and TP1 would be a total zero timing possibility from what you are saying?

Regards
According to the HotWire user guide, Blinky mode is "sensored only" and does apply the feedback from the motor sensor to induce timing advance but is a static setting rather than dynamic like "boost" and "turbo".
D2 mode only uses the sensor feedback to start the initial movement of the motor and then defaults to non-sensored.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Timing Profile: This slider contains 5 preset Timing Profiles for your ESC. Setting any of the 5 preset profiles will automatically put your ESC into Sensored Only mode. Profiles 1-5 are as such:

TP1: Spec Stock "blink mode" 0*timing boost

TP2: 15* Timing Boost / RPM Range 5443-20,016

TP3: 25* Timing Boost / RPM Range 5443-20,016

TP4: 35* Timing Boost / RPM Range 5443-20,016

TP5: 45* Timing Boost / RPM Range 5443-20,016

*RPM Ranges are divided in half when running in 1S LiPO Mode*

You may notice that when any preset Timing Profile is in use, the Timing tab is inaccessible. This is because these presets are just that and are not allowed to be changed. To create your own unique setup, we have provided C1 and C2:

C1: Custom user profile, Timing Boost, Turbo, Turbo Delay, Turbo Ramp and RPM Ranges can all be custom set and saved to this profile.

C2: Same as C1.
*Factory Setting is C2*

Now, C1 and C2 are great for racers running multiple classes with the same chassis or ESC. With these custom profiles you are allowed to save them BOTH in the ESC for later use, as well as the 5 preset profiles. So say you have 17.5 spec, running TP1 "blinky" mode one heat and the next you run 13.5 Pro Stock with the C1 profile. This essentially allows your RS/RSPro to be 2 ESCs in one by simply switching between profiles while swapping motors!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't see a reference to which LEDs blink during the blinky mode but if you set profile #1 you should be good to go.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #21435
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly986 View Post

Regards
Dual mode 0 timing advance would be a true 0 timing... I even proposed this to ROAR since it effective eliminates the motor and it's adjustable timing from the equation...no bites.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote