R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #21241
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly986 View Post
Hello Trevor, I have a query, maybe you can help me, one company here in France "work" on the Tekin and sells it with its name as well as Tekin on it.

They supply a 4 capacitors board with there unit.

If I wanted to add a second capacitor to my original one (same one by the way) do I need to connect them in line or in parallele?

They mentionned that their unit runs cooler because of the 4 capacitors, what would be the plus to have 2 or more instead of one on the Tekin?

Thanks.
You add the capacitors in parallel. For example, if you connected them directly to the posts you'd connect the positive of both caps to the battery positive on the RS, and the negative of both caps to the battery negative.

That is effectively what I run. It does run cooler with 2 caps rather than one. There appears to be no benefit other than temperature.

Trev
CARSrcracing.co.uk Webmaster
Schumacher Racing
TrevCoult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:13 PM   #21242
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexVegaz View Post
who's complaining? im pretty sure what i said was merely a suggestion, rather than a demand.

of course, there will always be people like yourself who are fine with the way things are done and will refuse change, but im sure there are also people who wouldn't mind experimenting with new firmwares and those same people can contribute in some form or another on the development of a product YOU will use.
Tekin software is not only tested by pro drivers, depending on the stage of testing. Tekin choose their team drivers for various different reasons. I am by no means a pro driver but have tested software that is about to be released.

Trev
Schumacher Racing
Old 11-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #21243
Tech Rookie

Hello everyone, I introduce myself. My name is Alessio Mancini and I just registered here on the forum but anyway I follow you so long! I write from Italy. I write in this topic because I have a Tekin RS Pro, but I do not know how to set it at all ... Here in Italy it is not there anyone who can give me a hand because it is not used much indeed .. is on the market sold off because they can not use it .. but I read here from you is very much used. I could you give some advice on the various parameters? I would take the settings for the category: modified .. Someone can help me?

Thank you in advance

Alessio
Alessietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:27 PM   #21244
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

I understand a beta test for the public. However we don't like to offer up anything that isn't ready to hit the track or that may have a potential failure.
That is what the team is for.

Also we like to give any of the upcoming event organizers a heads up so they know there has been a change.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:40 PM   #21245
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Ive only gotten to run the new software in Boosted 12th scale but can tell you its worth the wait. The throttle response is great and has a great fell. I keep trying to get Randy to send it to me but thats a big negative right now!

One other thing you guys have to remember. When we test stuff a lot of times we ruin motors trying different stuff and trying to figure out the new software. How do you think the general public testers would like it if they were given new software to try and fried 3 motors in 3 runs (just hypothetical)? They probably would not be very happy even if they know the consequences.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:30 AM   #21246
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Hey guys I've been out of vacation for a few days.

We are always looking to improve the features and driveability of the RS line.

There is some in house testing being done with new software. Some team drivers have tested the new "feel" but ONLY with myself present. They DO NOT have the software themselves, only I have it at this time. I can't be more clear about this.

I will share more when I can. So far all results are positive. Hara, EA, Cyrul and others all commented how much better the throttle control and feel was.

Again non of the above have the software either.
Looking forward to it because I am hating the throttle feel of 212

Don't mistake not being happy for unhappiness - its not the same thing
ShadowAu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:31 AM   #21247
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessietto View Post
Hello everyone, I introduce myself. My name is Alessio Mancini and I just registered here on the forum but anyway I follow you so long! I write from Italy. I write in this topic because I have a Tekin RS Pro, but I do not know how to set it at all ... Here in Italy it is not there anyone who can give me a hand because it is not used much indeed .. is on the market sold off because they can not use it .. but I read here from you is very much used. I could you give some advice on the various parameters? I would take the settings for the category: modified .. Someone can help me?

Thank you in advance

Alessio
Hello Alessio

We use RSpro a good bit here in France, in fact, it is the most popular speedo in our club by a long way, pm me your email address and what type of mod motor you are using, I'll send you a basic setting to start with.

Regards,
Olly

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:36 AM   #21248
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevCoult View Post
Tekin software is not only tested by pro drivers, depending on the stage of testing. Tekin choose their team drivers for various different reasons. I am by no means a pro driver but have tested software that is about to be released.

Trev
Thanks again Trevor,

I use the 4 board capacitors on my system and I'll fit a second capacitor on my son's speedo for next races to see if it runs cooler, we run 10.5t boosted at present but might move to mod soon, I guess this will help keeping heat down.

And another question for you, how long is the maximum length of wires that can be fitted between the capacitors and the RS tabs if we want to set them on the chassis rather directly than the speedo?

You are becoming my personal mine of information
Thanks a mil again

Old 11-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #21249
Team Tekin

The closer the caps are to the speedo the more effective they will be.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Old 11-11-2011, 10:09 AM   #21250
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

True, remember old Novak brushed ESCs where it came with a large size cap and required to be soldered onto the ESCs.
superspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #21251
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly986 View Post
Thanks again Trevor,

I use the 4 board capacitors on my system and I'll fit a second capacitor on my son's speedo for next races to see if it runs cooler, we run 10.5t boosted at present but might move to mod soon, I guess this will help keeping heat down.

And another question for you, how long is the maximum length of wires that can be fitted between the capacitors and the RS tabs if we want to set them on the chassis rather directly than the speedo?

You are becoming my personal mine of information
Thanks a mil again
Randy has effectively answered it for me. The most effective is always wired directly to the speedo. The further away, the less effective, so wire them so that the length is the minimum possible that will fit in the car.

Trev
Schumacher Racing
Old 11-12-2011, 03:36 AM   #21252
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey guys, I am running an RS speed control in 13.5 blinky 12th scale and the other night the motor started to cog, I changed everything except the electronics in the car, I was wandering if maybe it could be low receiver pack voltage? Thanks in advance!
Old 11-12-2011, 11:29 AM   #21253
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE View Post
Hey guys, I am running an RS speed control in 13.5 blinky 12th scale and the other night the motor started to cog, I changed everything except the electronics in the car, I was wandering if maybe it could be low receiver pack voltage? Thanks in advance!
Maybe you should have changed the sensor cable, also check what lights are on on the speedo, this is a good start to find any troubleshootings

Old 11-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #21254
Team Tekin

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE View Post
Yup! If that voltage drops below the voltage threshold of the sensors the esc will drop to dual mode. This will cause cogging.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:17 PM   #21255
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Yup! If that voltage drops below the voltage threshold of the sensors the esc will drop to dual mode. This will cause cogging.
Thanks Randy! I tried this today, no problems at all, my dad as well as a couple others suggested this. Thanks!