R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-01-2011, 07:13 AM   #21211
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poochy View Post
in my experience, when u raise the highend rpm, it will smooth out or eliminate the on/off feeling.....
You basically have to run the highest end RPM any time you run mod (I think its around 33,000), doesn't help the feeling in my opinion.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:56 PM   #21212
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default help with tekin rs and d3

i recently purchased a used tekin rs and a new trinity d3 17.5 motor. im using a 1s lipo. i just hooked everything up and my steering servo works but not getting anything from the motor. the 1&2 and 6&7 led's are blinking. i have tried changing the motor type to all 3 diffrent brushless types. not getting anything and the same lights blinking. can someone help me out?
dms888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #21213
Team Tekin

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms888 View Post
i recently purchased a used tekin rs and a new trinity d3 17.5 motor. im using a 1s lipo. i just hooked everything up and my steering servo works but not getting anything from the motor. the 1&2 and 6&7 led's are blinking. i have tried changing the motor type to all 3 diffrent brushless types. not getting anything and the same lights blinking. can someone help me out?
Try a different motor and if it's still flashing that code let me know. It will have to come in for service and I would definitely be contacting whoever you bought it from.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:55 PM   #21214
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Check that your booster is wired in correctly.

Check your solder posts for excess solder. If you have even a sliver between two poles it will ground out and trick the speedo into thinking that the wrong motor type is installed.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #21215
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Try a different motor and if it's still flashing that code let me know. It will have to come in for service and I would definitely be contacting whoever you bought it from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
Check that your booster is wired in correctly.

Check your solder posts for excess solder. If you have even a sliver between two poles it will ground out and trick the speedo into thinking that the wrong motor type is installed.
i dont have a booster or receiver pack installed yet. i checked for extra solder and made sure it was clean. still didnt help, so i took the motor off. even with no motor hooked up same lights blinking. then i tried a old brushed motor and changed the settings, still same thing. is there anything else i can try or that i may have done wrong?
Old 11-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #21216
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

is the 1s checked on the esc
your problem is you need a booster or rx pack if not you will get 12 67 flashing
Old 11-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #21217
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
i dont have a booster or receiver pack installed yet. i checked for extra solder and made sure it was clean. still didnt help, so i took the motor off. even with no motor hooked up same lights blinking. then i tried a old brushed motor and changed the settings, still same thing. is there anything else i can try or that i may have done wrong?
Plug in a 2 cell battery and see if the same thing happens. You can also try to reload the software onto the speedo. I don't remember the last time that worked for me, but I know it solved some of my issues in the past.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #21218
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
is the 1s checked on the esc
your problem is you need a booster or rx pack if not you will get 12 67 flashing
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
Plug in a 2 cell battery and see if the same thing happens. You can also try to reload the software onto the speedo. I don't remember the last time that worked for me, but I know it solved some of my issues in the past.
yes i have 1s checked. my rx pack will be here tomorrow. i will try again tom. with the rx pack and see if it works. i dont have a 2s battery to try so ill wait. thanks for the help, matt
Old 11-03-2011, 07:59 PM   #21219
Tech Apprentice

Default still having problems.

got my receiver pack today and tried it with the esc and d3 17.5. first time the 1&2 6&7 didn't blink and when i pushed the throttle there was a buzzing sound like the motor was trying to work but it wasn't. cut it off and when i plugged it all back up the 1&2 6&7 lights are blinking. flashed the esc and reset everything. still same thing, i have tried everything and went over everything and cant figure this out. this is a brand new motor never run, could it be the problem and not the esc?
Old 11-03-2011, 09:33 PM   #21220
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
got my receiver pack today and tried it with the esc and d3 17.5. first time the 1&2 6&7 didn't blink and when i pushed the throttle there was a buzzing sound like the motor was trying to work but it wasn't. cut it off and when i plugged it all back up the 1&2 6&7 lights are blinking. flashed the esc and reset everything. still same thing, i have tried everything and went over everything and cant figure this out. this is a brand new motor never run, could it be the problem and not the esc?
Your speedo thinks you have the wrong motor type chosen.

D.
204 Raceway Winnipeg 1/10-1/8 Offroad. Owner.
mtbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #21221
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbboy View Post
Your speedo thinks you have the wrong motor type chosen.

D.
yea but why? i have it set up right.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:18 AM   #21222
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Did you flash it with the setup buttons or on the computer?
What software is in the ESC?
Normally when you running sensored and you hit the throttle and the motor starts to buzz, it is a indication that one of the motor wires is at the wrong place on the motor or that the sensor cable can be faulty.
And what is ben said before, wrong motor selected.

regards Roy

Quote:
yea but why? i have it set up right.
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:59 AM   #21223
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
try the esc with a 2s see if that changes,try a different motor,use the on board sensor checker to check the sensor.there are things you need to do before it will need service
Old 11-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #21224
Tech Apprentice

i got it working some how. between re doing my soldering and my esc settings and everything imaginable. not sure what it was but im happy i got it going. thanks for everyone's help. matt
Old 11-05-2011, 12:13 AM   #21225
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

After a year of wondering about why my Tekin RS esc's seemed to do wird things, and eventually not even being to update them because of errors when I tried connecting them to my hotwire, I finally found the problem. The receiver wire connections inside the hotwire had become frayed and loose. The wire would move just right and short, sending an error to the screen about not being able to update, not having the latest software etc. I would have to check my settings multiple times because it would seem to "loose the settings" and I just chalked it up to weirdness in the sw. I resoldered the connections and the hotwire works perfect now. No errors, no need to reload settings, it works the way it is supposed to now! So if you're having bizarre problems, or have to check your settings to make sure they "took" consider peeking inside the hotwire case to see how the connections are. four screws and it is easily accessible.

awd
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote