R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #20911
Tech Champion
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,220
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCristo View Post
Timing advance only applies in dual mode. Most people set it to ~80 in case of a sensor wire failure, you will run in dual mode and still get some timing advance.

edit: To clarify

Boost - increased timing in sensored mode
Turbo - increased timing in sensored mode
Timing advance - increased timing in dual mode.
OH, then why is timing advanced shown in sensored mode? Thanks for the clarification. Also, why timing at 80 in case of sensor wire failure? And in dual mode, is 80 not too much for a 6.5T motor?

Thx
__________________
$$ Team High Budget $$
17.5 stock buggy fb page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/17.5stockbuggy/
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:53 AM   #20912
Team Tekin
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,702
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
OH, then why is timing advanced shown in sensored mode? Thanks for the clarification. Also, why timing at 80 in case of sensor wire failure? And in dual mode, is 80 not too much for a 6.5T motor?

Thx
I already answered this in the Dex410 thread: http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire/ESC...D_6.5_v212.pdf

Timing advance is shown simply because it can come into play while in sensored only mode should the sensors,sensor harness fail.

The setups are on our site.
__________________
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." Abraham Lincoln

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #20913
Tech Champion
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,220
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
I already answered this in the Dex410 thread: http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire/ESC...D_6.5_v212.pdf

Timing advance is shown simply because it can come into play while in sensored only mode should the sensors,sensor harness fail.

The setups are on our site.
hey randy, i didn't see any responses from you on why the sheet does not have timing for sensored mode. I just saw your link to the setup sheets.

Also, all of the setup sheets are for sensored mode. Therefore, i have no reference to what i should set the advance timing (using 6.5t motor on dex410) for on dual mode or in sensored mode in case of a sensor wire failure.
__________________
$$ Team High Budget $$
17.5 stock buggy fb page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/17.5stockbuggy/
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:38 PM   #20914
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 1,699
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

This is a dumb question and i think i know the answer but i want to check to make sure, what is the max temp the RS will go to before it thermals. Or what is the highest i should let it go? thanks!
__________________
★Randy Banks★
COLD AS ICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:44 PM   #20915
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE View Post
This is a dumb question and i think i know the answer but i want to check to make sure, what is the max temp the RS will go to before it thermals. Or what is the highest i should let it go? thanks!
i think its 220 but how many leds flash
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:50 PM   #20916
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 1,699
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
i think its 220 but how many leds flash
I have never checked the leds, i just want to make sure before i run mod with it so i dont burn it up. Thanks
__________________
★Randy Banks★
COLD AS ICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #20917
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,167
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default Problem / question

Was wondering if anyone lately is having this problem. I own 5 Tekin RS ESC's. that is all I run in the following cars;TC6, TLR22, B44, B44.1, B4. I have loved these ESC's and really used to the programming. I have had zero issues up until a month ago.

In the TLR22 all of a sudden I go to turn everything on and go drive. Everything lights up fine, steering works but when I give it throttle no power to the motor. I try everything; hook up to new motor, reset the ESC, put it on the hotwire (seems fine), change the cap and nothing works. Sent the ESC back (purchased less than 120 days) so they replace it. No explanation what went wrong. All is good until just a week ago a different ESC in the TC6 does the EXACT same thing. Running fine for a battery or 2 then I get ready to head out for another run and same thing.

This one I am going to have to pay to fix as it is older than 120 days (sucks). Obviously without knowing the issue, I can't fix this. I also can't just keep paying to fix the ESC.

May have to go to a different company, but I don't want to.

Thoughts? Any one else with this issue?
goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #20918
Team Tekin
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,702
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
hey randy, i didn't see any responses from you on why the sheet does not have timing for sensored mode. I just saw your link to the setup sheets.

Also, all of the setup sheets are for sensored mode. Therefore, i have no reference to what i should set the advance timing (using 6.5t motor on dex410) for on dual mode or in sensored mode in case of a sensor wire failure.
When I run a 6.5 more often than not I'm in dual mode with timing advance around 80 or so. My old setup has fallen off the list. I'll make a new one and get it posted.
__________________
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." Abraham Lincoln

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #20919
Team Tekin
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,702
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
Was wondering if anyone lately is having this problem. I own 5 Tekin RS ESC's. that is all I run in the following cars;TC6, TLR22, B44, B44.1, B4. I have loved these ESC's and really used to the programming. I have had zero issues up until a month ago.

In the TLR22 all of a sudden I go to turn everything on and go drive. Everything lights up fine, steering works but when I give it throttle no power to the motor. I try everything; hook up to new motor, reset the ESC, put it on the hotwire (seems fine), change the cap and nothing works. Sent the ESC back (purchased less than 120 days) so they replace it. No explanation what went wrong. All is good until just a week ago a different ESC in the TC6 does the EXACT same thing. Running fine for a battery or 2 then I get ready to head out for another run and same thing.

This one I am going to have to pay to fix as it is older than 120 days (sucks). Obviously without knowing the issue, I can't fix this. I also can't just keep paying to fix the ESC.

May have to go to a different company, but I don't want to.

Thoughts? Any one else with this issue?
What led's are shown? Does it chime? Need more info.
__________________
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." Abraham Lincoln

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:38 AM   #20920
Team Tekin
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,702
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE View Post
This is a dumb question and i think i know the answer but i want to check to make sure, what is the max temp the RS will go to before it thermals. Or what is the highest i should let it go? thanks!
240f. Use the led temp indicator. It's not only the most accurate it's the one that matters! lol
__________________
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." Abraham Lincoln

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #20921
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,167
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
What led's are shown? Does it chime? Need more info.
Two outside LEDs on both sides blink and no chime.
goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #20922
Tech Addict
 
mysupratoy94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 733
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mysupratoy94
Default ESC requires to power ups

Im having some issues with my Tekin RS ESC. first of all, if I have the sensor wire connected, my esc will not power up. I only get power to my receiver and servo. I connected my hotwire to make sure my configuration was setup for a sensor motor.

Second, with the sensor wire off, the very first time i turn on my esc, nothing happens, lights out. If i turn it off then back on, my esc turns on and i get throttle.

Im currently running
2wd blitz
8.5 novak ballistic motor
Savox 1258 servo
2s 40c 5000mah lipo
spectrum 3000 pro receiver\w spektrum glitch buster
spectrum Dx3s transmitter
mysupratoy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #20923
Tech Champion
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,220
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
When I run a 6.5 more often than not I'm in dual mode with timing advance around 80 or so. My old setup has fallen off the list. I'll make a new one and get it posted.
Sorry, reading isn't my best subject lol.. you are saying when u run 6.5, you mostly run dual mode with timing advance around 80?

How much does timing advance affects 6.5 motors in dual mode. 80 sounds like a lot, but i'm sure it sounds like a lot because i don't thoroughly understand how timing advance works. If you can elaborate on details, that'll be great. I'm an EE, so you can get technical if you like. I'm just trying to really understand this stuff.

thx
__________________
$$ Team High Budget $$
17.5 stock buggy fb page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/17.5stockbuggy/
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:39 AM   #20924
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
Sorry, reading isn't my best subject lol.. you are saying when u run 6.5, you mostly run dual mode with timing advance around 80?

How much does timing advance affects 6.5 motors in dual mode. 80 sounds like a lot, but i'm sure it sounds like a lot because i don't thoroughly understand how timing advance works. If you can elaborate on details, that'll be great. I'm an EE, so you can get technical if you like. I'm just trying to really understand this stuff.

thx
In my experience D-M is much smoother from 0-1/4 throttle than sensored.
Randy can give more exact numbers on how much actual advance there is at 80 or 100%, but it is negligible compared to boosting, or turbo.

If you've got a punchy motor you're trying to tame, or low grip situation, this is worth a try.
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #20925
Tech Champion
 
teeforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego & Compton CA
Posts: 7,220
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
In my experience D-M is much smoother from 0-1/4 throttle than sensored.
Randy can give more exact numbers on how much actual advance there is at 80 or 100%, but it is negligible compared to boosting, or turbo.

If you've got a punchy motor you're trying to tame, or low grip situation, this is worth a try.
i am going from a 8.5 lrp to a 6.5. i don't mind aggressive throttle. Sometimes i kinda need that bottom end. but at the same time, my lap times maybe better when the motor is tamed LOL
__________________
$$ Team High Budget $$
17.5 stock buggy fb page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/17.5stockbuggy/
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin Redline RS Sensored ESC and motors, opinions for offroad? Cain Electric Off-Road 4230 06-07-2015 04:38 PM
Sensored vs. Sensorless lemansracer Electric On-Road 71 02-14-2009 03:19 AM
New Tekin Redline Sensored Motors are Roar Legal! Randy_Pike Electric On-Road 3 08-05-2008 02:08 AM
Tekin Redline Sensored 10.5 HUCKMAN Electric On-Road 6 07-15-2008 08:50 PM
sensored vs sensorless bprocket Rookie Zone 5 05-16-2008 09:38 AM


Tags
v203, vegas 2.0


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:23 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net