R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-14-2011, 02:59 AM   #20671
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
Had an interesting thing happen this weekend with my RS. When I would apply changes to it, then plug everything back in, I would have to recalibrate with the radio. Now to make it even more interesting this only happened early in the day. Not after say 2 hours. It did not loose the setting only wanted to be re calibrated.

Any ideas what would cause this?
I'm picking it was a poltergeist invoked by a Novak driver by using an RS shaped Voodoo doll soaked in the sweat of starving goats.
I could be wrong though.

My car just hit 88mph. I hope it comes back soon....
JR007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:16 PM   #20672
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Barneys Racing Send a message via AIM to Barneys Racing

I've recently had a problem with my RS. I put in a new D3 and the speedo started up with 1,2, 6&7 LEDS lit. I tried 3 motors, 3 sensor cables, 2 sets of wires, and 3 receivers. All with the same result. Software was checked and double-checked.

I got a replacement and the same thing happened. It actually happened to a total of 3 RSs.

Is it possible for a motor to trash the speedo? Wouldn't it just not work if the motor was bad?

Any suggestions? They take programming just fine, but won't run.
Barneys Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #20673
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barneys Racing View Post
I've recently had a problem with my RS. I put in a new D3 and the speedo started up with 1,2, 6&7 LEDS lit. I tried 3 motors, 3 sensor cables, 2 sets of wires, and 3 receivers. All with the same result. Software was checked and double-checked.

I got a replacement and the same thing happened. It actually happened to a total of 3 RSs.

Is it possible for a motor to trash the speedo? Wouldn't it just not work if the motor was bad?

3 ESC's? It screams of another issue. Did you at any stage before killing the esc's try a different motor?

What was your soldering like? Clean with absolutely no solder crossing the wire posts? You would be surprised how many people cant solder well and get the solder in all the wrong places
Old 06-14-2011, 09:36 PM   #20674
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Barneys Racing Send a message via AIM to Barneys Racing

i thought the same thing, but the soldering was clean. I'm pretty good at soldering cleanly. One of the speedos was out of a friend's car that was working perfectly.

that's why i tried 3 different motors, sensor cables and wiring. Don't know what other things I could change.

the first motor tried on all was a known to be working motor that was used in my last race.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:29 AM   #20675
Tech Regular

Quote:
i thought the same thing, but the soldering was clean. I'm pretty good at soldering cleanly. One of the speedos was out of a friend's car that was working perfectly.

that's why i tried 3 different motors, sensor cables and wiring. Don't know what other things I could change.

the first motor tried on all was a known to be working motor that was used in my last race.
Give a look at this:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...esc-issue.html
Maybe the speedo it's not the problem, it could be both a radio or a servo problem.
sirio76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #20676
Tech Adept

hello all,

I will receive a trinity duo 3 10.5 and i would like to know the performance/feeling compare to an x12 or speed passion

My lrp x12 10.5 setups was :

- TP 2 / Current limit 75

- Boost 40 ( more than 40 make the motor too much kick up, hard to handle )
5600 to 20016

- Turbo 10 Ramp 1 Delay 0.3 ( i don't like when the turbo kick up the car, i prefer to have a linear power)

Motor timing 4 dot and FDR 5.9

X12 motors have a lot of torque and a crazy power with timing.

I ve checked the setup sheet on tekin website, all before 212 hotwire version are deleted
I m remember there were a lot of setup sheet with d3 motor on it, too bad...

Can someone give me a feedback to the trinity duo 3 motors handling ? and maybe a setup point

thanks
Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:56 AM   #20677
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Quote:

Is this a 1s application?

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:36 AM   #20678
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manson View Post
hello all,

I will receive a trinity duo 3 10.5 and i would like to know the performance/feeling compare to an x12 or speed passion

My lrp x12 10.5 setups was :

- TP 2 / Current limit 75

- Boost 40 ( more than 40 make the motor too much kick up, hard to handle )
5600 to 20016

- Turbo 10 Ramp 1 Delay 0.3 ( i don't like when the turbo kick up the car, i prefer to have a linear power)

Motor timing 4 dot and FDR 5.9

X12 motors have a lot of torque and a crazy power with timing.

I ve checked the setup sheet on tekin website, all before 212 hotwire version are deleted
I m remember there were a lot of setup sheet with d3 motor on it, too bad...

Can someone give me a feedback to the trinity duo 3 motors handling ? and maybe a setup point

thanks
With the d3 I am running:

Boost 40
Turbo 10
Rpm start 5000 end 22000
Ramp 2
Delay 0.02

And one notch on motor timing (8*)

This is on a medium indoor track on carpet in a tc.
Geared around 8.0 fdr.
Hope it helps
Team EAM
mutley001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:12 PM   #20679
Suspended

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

at the end of the track day i see my tekin flashing nw and vc, can anyone tell me what that means?
littlealex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:44 PM   #20680
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 217 (100%+)

Quote:

According to the troubleshooting sheet I have, 1&2, 6&7 indicate "wrong motor type selected". That would be the first thing to look at.
Andy Koback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #20681
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Has anyone had an issue where you lose drag brake when you use the NO-TIMING profile. When I use the non-timing boost (blinky) profile, my drag brake is all but gone. I turn it up using the hotwire connection but it's still almost non existent. I'm at 30 now and still don't feel it. Anyone else have this issue?
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #20682
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOTMAN View Post
Has anyone had an issue where you lose drag brake when you use the NO-TIMING profile. When I use the non-timing boost (blinky) profile, my drag brake is all but gone. I turn it up using the hotwire connection but it's still almost non existent. I'm at 30 now and still don't feel it. Anyone else have this issue?
Running a lot of boost, gives a natural drag brake feel.
I would suggest recalibrating radio to esc, and getting used a higher number drag brake for blinky mode, to get the fell you were used to in boosted.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:07 PM   #20683
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:

try make factory reset ..
Old 06-15-2011, 10:09 PM   #20684
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirio76 View Post
Give a look at this:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...esc-issue.html
Maybe the speedo it's not the problem, it could be both a radio or a servo problem.

thanks, very helpful. i will go through all the components.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #20685
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Running a lot of boost, gives a natural drag brake feel.
I would suggest recalibrating radio to esc, and getting used a higher number drag brake for blinky mode, to get the fell you were used to in boosted.
Thanks, Dave. I recalibrated the radio a few times already. I'll try cranking it up to 50 and see it I can feel it.
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote