Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Reply

Old 01-08-2009, 06:13 PM
  #2011  
Team Tekin
iTrader: (6)
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,834
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Yeah most likely.

Try one more time. If anyone asks for the new software with 189 I need to attach a file with the extension changed to a ".txt" file that you must change back to .zip to use.

Sorry if I missed it.
Randy_Pike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:17 PM
  #2012  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,208
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Krio View Post
5.2 fdr, 12 deg motor timing plus 15 boost
thanks for that. is that set-up for hybrid or sensored mode?
wyl03 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:20 PM
  #2013  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
padailey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Council Bluffs, IA
Posts: 1,603
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
padailey : There should have been a small silver cap in your esc box. If you didn't receive it please email me at [email protected] for a replacement.

Email sent.
padailey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:12 AM
  #2014  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 96
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Does any body know if the latest batch rs pro's were shipped with the 189 software installed.

Thanks
SMOKESHOW86 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:25 AM
  #2015  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Grand Rapids, mn
Posts: 195
Default new software.

My guess would be no, since the 189 software is a beta version and is still in the testing mode. i'm guessing they either have version 180 or older, possibly 183
shaggy1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:48 AM
  #2016  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 649
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The last one I baught had 1.83 on it.
Fred_B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:26 AM
  #2017  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 131
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

i can't yet decide between speed passion gt and rs pro... i've posted elsewhere to get feedback.. and now want to hear it from you guys as well...

was there ever any talk about tekin releasing a standalone programer rather than having hotwire?

cheers
g
gortan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:33 AM
  #2018  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
1fastdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sinsinnati
Posts: 1,958
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Programing other than the "Hotwire" can still be done externally with the buttons on top. Just like all the other speedo's. The real magic is having the hot wire to actually see what the programing looks like, instead of guessing.
1fastdude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:32 AM
  #2019  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (152)
 
Krio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: At dirt tracks in Michigan!
Posts: 5,457
Trader Rating: 152 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wyl03 View Post
thanks for that. is that set-up for hybrid or sensored mode?
This is in sensored mode.

Originally Posted by gortan View Post
i can't yet decide between speed passion gt and rs pro... i've posted elsewhere to get feedback.. and now want to hear it from you guys as well...

was there ever any talk about tekin releasing a standalone programer rather than having hotwire?

cheers
g
The only features you can't access directly on the speed control are timing and hybrid/sensored only modes. I was debating between the GT and RS when both my blue esc's bombed the same day...The smaller size of the RS, the incredible ease of programing primary adjustments (drag, neutral width, throttle curve, current limiter), the "sensor check" leds, and the fact its usa designed and build convinced me.
Krio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:34 AM
  #2020  
Team Tekin
iTrader: (6)
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,834
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

One of the biggest benefits to the Hotwire is being able to upgrade or choose which software you want to use. Currently you can choose between 189,183, and 180 if you have the current software.

Just like Eli said, you can program the esc with most of the its functions right on the esc interface.

We don't plan on releasing a card. The benefits of having the USB interface are hard to ignore. The next nice feature will be user selectable saved programs. This will allow you to choose between your favorite setups right on the esc's interface since they're already loaded....soon to come.
Randy_Pike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:39 AM
  #2021  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (26)
 
reenmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 2,539
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
The next nice feature will be user selectable saved programs. This will allow you to choose between your favorite setups right on the esc's interface since they're already loaded....soon to come.
Awesome. One could have safe, moderate, and aggressive timing profiles loaded for race day and have the ability to quickly switch around without dragging out the laptop. Nice.
reenmachine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:50 AM
  #2022  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 131
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
The next nice feature will be user selectable saved programs. This will allow you to choose between your favorite setups right on the esc's interface since they're already loaded....soon to come.
!! that's good enough!! you can save a couple of setups and then try them at the track without needing to haul the laptop as well!... must remember to keep 1 setup as "safe setup" thanks randy!

Originally Posted by Krio View Post
The only features you can't access directly on the speed control are timing and hybrid/sensored only modes. I was debating between the GT and RS when both my blue esc's bombed the same day...The smaller size of the RS, the incredible ease of programing primary adjustments (drag, neutral width, throttle curve, current limiter), the "sensor check" leds, and the fact its usa designed and build convinced me.
thanks Krio... I think I'm done now...hehe

Originally Posted by reenmachine View Post
Awesome. One could have safe, moderate, and aggressive timing profiles loaded for race day and have the ability to quickly switch around without dragging out the laptop. Nice.
yeah!




gortan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:53 AM
  #2023  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
shadow102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,441
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gortan View Post
i can't yet decide between speed passion gt and rs pro... i've posted elsewhere to get feedback.. and now want to hear it from you guys as well...

was there ever any talk about tekin releasing a standalone programer rather than having hotwire?

cheers
g
I came from the speedpassion gt to the tekin rs in my touring car. The tekin is A LOT smoother, the boost function makes it actually faster than my gt was. the rs also solved the two biggest problems I had first being the size. The gt always made my chassis cluttered and with where the position of the wire tabs where made it hard to wire. Secondly the brakes on the gt are absolutly terrible worst brakes ever the rs has brakes better or very similar to the lrp.
shadow102 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:01 PM
  #2024  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 131
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
I came from the speedpassion gt to the tekin rs in my touring car. The tekin is A LOT smoother, the boost function makes it actually faster than my gt was. the rs also solved the two biggest problems I had first being the size. The gt always made my chassis cluttered and with where the position of the wire tabs where made it hard to wire. Secondly the brakes on the gt are absolutly terrible worst brakes ever the rs has brakes better or very similar to the lrp.
thanks i just made up my mind now my original aim was to be competitive (or better hehe) versus the lrp guys. Just wanting something different (because I like different - but not worse).. so the rs pro is the ticket.

as for the motor.. do you think the redline 10.5T is competitive with vector x11 10.5T? what do you recommend otherwise?
gortan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:39 PM
  #2025  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,713
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 1fastdude View Post
Programing other than the "Hotwire" can still be done externally with the buttons on top. Just like all the other speedo's. The real magic is having the hot wire to actually see what the programing looks like, instead of guessing.
Also helps if you have "Fat Fingers" and wires that go across the top for a better wire job and not have all the brass next to battery bars!!!
Grenade10 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service