R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2011, 01:38 PM   #19636
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Sorry for the delay on getting this setup. Mike Haynes 7.5 Mod TC setup from Snowbirds:
98* of timing is that right
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:39 PM   #19637
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorider75 View Post
how long does it normally take to get product back from tekin when sent in under warranty?
its been about 3 weeks now. just anxious to get my gear back in the car
email them and ask,make sure to have your ra# handy
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #19638
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Just sent one of my RS's off for repair...accidentally plugged it in backwards on the battery

Anyway I had a question on the turbo fade/lag issue I've been having. At first I thought it wasn't actually coming on due to a possible transmitter ATL wander as has been mentioned. But this past weekend I dropped the turbo delay down to it's bare minimum and at the start of the run the car was very fast but after a few laps the turbo seemed to go away. One of my fellow racers was observing and noticed that the turbo did seem to kick in but it wasn't until the very end of the 100+ ft straight. I'm wondering if maybe it could be just because they are old...both my current RS's I bought before the 1st Vegas version ever came out.
its bogging down from to much timing to soon even if you dont see it untill the end of the straight.how long of a straight
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:34 PM   #19639
Team Tekin
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,702
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
98* of timing is that right
Yeah I know, but that's what he used. TP's motor timing is clearly different than ours.
__________________
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." Abraham Lincoln

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:35 PM   #19640
Team Tekin
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,702
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorider75 View Post
how long does it normally take to get product back from tekin when sent in under warranty?
its been about 3 weeks now. just anxious to get my gear back in the car
7 to 10 business days. If it's taken this long than something is off. Please give us a call during normal hours.
__________________
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." Abraham Lincoln

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:37 PM   #19641
Team Tekin
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,702
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
One of my fellow racers was observing and noticed that the turbo did seem to kick in but it wasn't until the very end of the 100+ ft straight. I'm wondering if maybe it could be just because they are old...both my current RS's I bought before the 1st Vegas version ever came out.
That "instance" is not the turbo kicking in. Trust me it's on after the delay time is extinquished. That is likely the car FINALLY accelerating at it's best. If you're seeing this late straight away "rush" then the setup is still off.

Your car should have a long hard pull, not a "hit" at the end of the straight.

RS's don't get "old" either. There is nothing in them to wear out.
__________________
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." Abraham Lincoln

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:01 PM   #19642
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,186
Default

Well it is an issue I have had with both my RS's for a long time now. I have tried numerous setups from this thread in the early days and setups that other people at my track are running with the same motor and gearing. I've tried the whole calibrate at 100% and back down to 90% and even 80%. If the same setups are working for others at my track it should work for me as well but there is a noticeable difference. Also I'm only running 17.5 motors...it isn't like I am taxing what the ESC should be able to do. Well I'll just wait and see what happens with the one that went in for repair today and I have a new one on the way as well.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #19643
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 1,699
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Well it is an issue I have had with both my RS's for a long time now. I have tried numerous setups from this thread in the early days and setups that other people at my track are running with the same motor and gearing. I've tried the whole calibrate at 100% and back down to 90% and even 80%. If the same setups are working for others at my track it should work for me as well but there is a noticeable difference. Also I'm only running 17.5 motors...it isn't like I am taxing what the ESC should be able to do. Well I'll just wait and see what happens with the one that went in for repair today and I have a new one on the way as well.
i would check the bearings and stuff in your car, a bearing that is locking up can cause drag in the drive and slow it down
__________________
★Randy Banks★
COLD AS ICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #19644
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Well it is an issue I have had with both my RS's for a long time now. I have tried numerous setups from this thread in the early days and setups that other people at my track are running with the same motor and gearing. I've tried the whole calibrate at 100% and back down to 90% and even 80%. If the same setups are working for others at my track it should work for me as well but there is a noticeable difference. Also I'm only running 17.5 motors...it isn't like I am taxing what the ESC should be able to do. Well I'll just wait and see what happens with the one that went in for repair today and I have a new one on the way as well.
fwiw
I've never had an issue with my 1.5 yr old RS.

It sounds like "your" setup is off for you.
The same rollout doesn't work for everyone.

In 17.5 12th scale, there is a narrow margin for the sweet spot.
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #19645
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,234
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Aloha,

Each of my RS's have been in multiple cars with the 203/208/212 setups. They are doing fine.

Actually, with 212, my RS's are as fast as they have ever been.

It may be a shoot in the dark; but, have you tried replacing the caps?

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:53 PM   #19646
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 247
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Does the Tekin RS run motors cooler than other ESC's?

Heard that one motor ran 30 degrees cooler, Rumor?
looklikeaflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:55 PM   #19647
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post

Anyway I had a question on the turbo fade/lag issue I've been having. At first I thought it wasn't actually coming on due to a possible transmitter ATL wander as has been mentioned. But this past weekend I dropped the turbo delay down to it's bare minimum and at the start of the run the car was very fast but after a few laps the turbo seemed to go away. One of my fellow racers was observing and noticed that the turbo did seem to kick in but it wasn't until the very end of the 100+ ft straight. I'm wondering if maybe it could be just because they are old...both my current RS's I bought before the 1st Vegas version ever came out.
Instead of dropping the gearing, try dropping the total timing. Knock maybe ten degrees off through some combination of reduced motor timing, boost and/or turbo. I find if you over time them just a bit, fade can get pretty extreme. If this cures the problem but you think you need more speed, you may then be able to go up a tooth or two on the pinion to get it back without fading.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:57 PM   #19648
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
In 17.5 12th scale, there is a narrow margin for the sweet spot.
You got that right. 1 tooth too much or 5 degrees too much timing and the things drop off a second a lap.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:13 PM   #19649
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,186
Default

I have tried timing as much as 30 less than I am currently using. Typically I had been running about 15 less then what the rest of the drivers at my track have been using.

It isn't bearings...this has been happening in multiple cars and I have replaced them. Also if it was bearings my motor temps would be higher.

I have tried different caps and have even gone as far as running 2 caps.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:09 PM   #19650
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,234
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
I have tried timing as much as 30 less than I am currently using. Typically I had been running about 15 less then what the rest of the drivers at my track have been using.

It isn't bearings...this has been happening in multiple cars and I have replaced them. Also if it was bearings my motor temps would be higher.

I have tried different caps and have even gone as far as running 2 caps.
Burt,

Is Mike having similar issues?

I am believing that you two run under some pretty hot/humid conditions.

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin Redline RS Sensored ESC and motors, opinions for offroad? Cain Electric Off-Road 4230 06-07-2015 04:38 PM
Sensored vs. Sensorless lemansracer Electric On-Road 71 02-14-2009 03:19 AM
New Tekin Redline Sensored Motors are Roar Legal! Randy_Pike Electric On-Road 3 08-05-2008 02:08 AM
Tekin Redline Sensored 10.5 HUCKMAN Electric On-Road 6 07-15-2008 08:50 PM
sensored vs sensorless bprocket Rookie Zone 5 05-16-2008 09:38 AM


Tags
v203, vegas 2.0


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:14 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net