R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #19561
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

• The inside line on any given turn owns the line.
  • You can give up .3 seconds by backing out and trying again somewhere else or risk giving up 10 seconds getting marshaled.
  • Not everywhere on a track is a passing zone.
  • Things happen while racing.

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #19562
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I was standing right there, too, since I was in the next race, and at the time, it seemed intentional. I've only seen one video of it, and it's hard to be certain.

It was either brilliant, or a racing incident, but either way, it was definitely one of the highlights of the week.

The battle heats up around 6:20 in this video, the incident takes place shortly thereafter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79dEfDkW1PM
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:39 PM   #19563
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It's hard to tell from the perspective in the video, but did Mike nip the inside pipe going into the sweeper?
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #19564
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Can we say WHO cares and move on,this was 2 weeks ago
Old 02-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #19565
Tech Master

I just read this on Tekin's website........ " Mike Dumas TQ's and takes the win in 1/12 GTP 13.5!" Dumas DID NOT TQ, Andrew Knapp TQ'd 13.5, and would probably have won had it not have been for some incidental intentional contact that resulted in Andrew finishing 7th. Why does Tekin feel the need to to take away Andrews glory of being the top Qualifyer? Andrew TQ'd both 17.5 AND 13.5, and won 17.5. My hat's off to young Andrew, he's a class act, unlike someones name I won't mention!

It may be time to sell my Tekin equipment.
John Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:06 PM   #19566
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

The "Tq" in the grahpic was not intentional. It was miscoumincation between myself and our web/graphic guy. It will be corrected asap. The "Tq" was to be placed on all of the classes and or pictures simply to show that Tekin Tq'd the class. Clearly this looks "wrong" on the picture with Mike Dumas and is misleading. Tekin did Tq this class and nearly all others with the exception of the two modified classes.

Our apologies to Andrew Knapp for any confusion. Andrew Tq'd the 13.5 GTP class.

We meant no harm or ill intent on Andrew. I've already stated it but will say it again. Andrew is a great driver and we wish him the best.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:09 PM   #19567
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

In the race report on our site:

"1/12th GTP 13.5 Expert class would see Andrew Knapp on the pole. Tekin Team Driver Mike Dumas sitting 2nd in his Tekin Powered Speedmerchant Rev 6 would be on Knapp's bumper right off the bat. "

This clearly states Andrew was Tq aka "pole."

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:15 PM   #19568
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
Can we say WHO cares and move on,this was 2 weeks ago
not to mention it was an awesome race... even with all of that bumping it was still one of the cleaner races at Birds this year
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:15 PM   #19569
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

How about we call dumas and ask him 323-437-58 just kidding I don't know his number lol
Old 02-09-2011, 09:50 PM   #19570
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
The "Tq" in the grahpic was not intentional. It was miscoumincation between myself and our web/graphic guy. It will be corrected asap. The "Tq" was to be placed on all of the classes and or pictures simply to show that Tekin Tq'd the class. Clearly this looks "wrong" on the picture with Mike Dumas and is misleading. Tekin did Tq this class and nearly all others with the exception of the two modified classes.

Our apologies to Andrew Knapp for any confusion. Andrew Tq'd the 13.5 GTP class.

We meant no harm or ill intent on Andrew. I've already stated it but will say it again. Andrew is a great driver and we wish him the best.
Thanks for clearing that up Randy.
John Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #19571
Tech Adept

First off, lets not take away Andrew Knap drove great all week and is very fast on the track. Congrats to Andrew for 17.5 12th TQ & Win! As it was well deserved due to driving a near perfect race.

People are so quick to judge... Its funny how not one person mentioned the left turn through the cicane coming onto the straight. We were driving side by side and both tangled and made a right turn into the wall instead of a left onto the straight. I am not saying it was intentional, but we should have turned left instead of right.

Back to the subject of Tekin RS Pro ESC. It worked great all week and I will continue to run this ESC that has been such a dominating force in the boosted classes.
Mike Dumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:58 AM   #19572
Tech Adept

Ok great Mike thanks for coming on to point out what your take was of the race...some what limited but at least you are on here discussing the event. You & Andrew had great power and were able to seperate easily from Blackstock.

My only point is as follows...you were able to get close to Andrew and you pretty much just tried to blast past by him..ie trying to pass going through cicane and just Pile driving him off through sweeper...maybe next time if your in the same position you will be able to afford Andrew the respect the position Andrew was holding "leader" and make a better choice in passing..

Maybe if Andrews name was Josh, or Kevin, or any of the top racers you normally race with it might of been different. I am happy at least you know who Andrew is now.

Congrats on your win.

Congrats Tekin for such great power.
cookie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:26 AM   #19573
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Great, now with that all cleared up, can we get back to discussing this speed control again?
Old 02-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #19574
Tech Regular

Cookie i think you missed mikes point in his post. I'll be a little more direct. The corner before Mike and Andrews big wreck the same thing happened, only the roles were reversed, with Andrew taking both cars to the outside boards. They tangled and ended up making a right instead of a left coming onto the straight, I'll just say not induced by Dumas.

Well in the next corner the same thing happened but like i said with the roles reversed. If you want a great angle of the "first" incident coming onto the front stretch, you can see it on Snowbirdnationals.com Ustream video feed (there are links to it at the top of the snowbirdnationals.com page).

And lets not beat around the bush anymore neither one of them were angels that lap and during the final contact Andrew just happened to get the short end of the deal, could have been either one of them.

Either way both drove a great race and I'm sure it was really exciting for the people watching and in the end this is what we need more than anything regardless of your "View".

Great job to both all weekend but especially Andrew he was on his game and super fast. If he could have stayed off the boards it would have been no contest. Can't wait for the next one.

-Donny

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie1 View Post
Ok great Mike thanks for coming on to point out what your take was of the race...some what limited but at least you are on here discussing the event. You & Andrew had great power and were able to seperate easily from Blackstock.

My only point is as follows...you were able to get close to Andrew and you pretty much just tried to blast past by him..ie trying to pass going through cicane and just Pile driving him off through sweeper...maybe next time if your in the same position you will be able to afford Andrew the respect the position Andrew was holding "leader" and make a better choice in passing..

Maybe if Andrews name was Josh, or Kevin, or any of the top racers you normally race with it might of been different. I am happy at least you know who Andrew is now.

Congrats on your win.

Congrats Tekin for such great power.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #19575
Tech Regular

Default Help Needed

Its been some time since i last ran my rs pro and its loaded with the 203 firmwear.
I just bought an LRP X12 13.5 and have no idea what gearing to run or profile setting on the esc.
Has anyone had any experience with this combo that can help?
PS, its a big indoor track (35m X 18m)
part-time racer is offline   Reply With Quote