R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #19546
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
i seen a post by josh in his thread talking about upcoming events and was not attending do to money,looks like even the pros aren't getting everything free and are falling on hard times
i think josh's deal is that he wants to promote cefx. and usually it is the chassis manufactures are the one that foot most of the cost for big races

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:42 AM   #19547
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
i think josh's deal is that he wants to promote cefx. and usually it is the chassis manufactures are the one that foot most of the cost for big races
Quote:
i seen a post by josh in his thread talking about upcoming events and was not attending do to money,looks like even the pros aren't getting everything free and are falling on hard times
Exactly what Yang posted. Josh runs for himself in Electric and there are only so many races one can pay for out of their pocket a year. Usually it is the Chassis manufactures that foot most of the bill for racers and in electric that lies on him right now.

For Nitro he is the importer for a company that he races for also so for that he is covered.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:43 AM   #19548
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
i was. and sucked it up pretty good. i was surprise randy even wanted to have drinks with me. lol
i thought i seen your name,i drove over saturday and chatted with randy i would have swung by and said hey
Old 02-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #19549
Tech Elite

Quote:
i thought i seen your name,i drove over saturday and chatted with randy i would have swung by and said hey
sorry i missed ya. EA was kind enough to put up with me all week. i sat right next to him and asked him so many question that i am sure he will not make the mistake of offering me a spot next to him again. lol

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
Old 02-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #19550
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Andrew is a great driver and everyone at Tekin wish's him well in his future racing. He is clearly a force to be dealt with in pan car racing.

Andrew's picture and "due" is on our website: http://www.teamtekin.com/2011-Snowbirds-fullrace.html

I spoke to those that used Tekin at the Birds prior to me reporting the information just to be fair. Josh for example was very candid and not only allowed me to mention it but provided me with his Tq and winning setup, that is pure class.

I've been in this industry for a long time as a racer myself. I know that there will always be instances where a driver either ends up using or is forced to use another product simply to win. Being one of those manufacturers we understand this. We don't like it of course, but we understand. This is why I asked before I posted info.

The Dumas/Knapp race was one of the most exciting of the day. Dumas had the inside line and Knapp simply had nowhere to go and they came together. Dumas got the "luck" out of the collision by landing right side up. Had the tables been turned I'm sure the outcome would be totally different. Andrews response shows his professionalism and maturity. All in good racing.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #19551
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
The Dumas/Knapp race was one of the most exciting of the day. Dumas had the inside line and Knapp simply had nowhere to go and they came together.
If Dumas was on the inside, and Andrew on the outside, and they were going into a left hand sweeper, it's Andrew that would have had all the room. Instead, he went straight into the board in the middle of the sweeper. How else could that happen if the guy on the inside hadn't turned hard right and taken them both to the board?

Don't get me wrong, it was a dialed move, and really smart on his part considering how they'd been banging doors, and that Andrew was faster, but lets not pretend it was an accident. It was just a pretty awesome, albeit very risky and aggressive move by Mike. I wish I was good enough to pull it off.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:24 PM   #19552
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Set Up with GM 13.5 Motor

I have been testing the RS Pro with a GM 13.5 (97294) 12.3mm rotor 1300 Gauss in my 1/10 onroad 2S lipo - Track Size 100 foot straight by 40 feet.

Set up:
Gearing - 6.3
Motor Timing - 0
Throttle Profile - 5
Boost - 50
Start RPM - 3253
End RPM - 25061
Turbo - 12
Turbo Delay - 0.14
Ramp - 2
Motor Temp After Run - 100 Deg F

Car is quick but need abit more 'mid range' power (half way down the straight onwards) and car keeps on accelerating at the end of the straight.

Any Suggestions please?

Thanks
Mr. MR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #19553
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
If Dumas was on the inside, and Andrew on the outside, and they were going into a left hand sweeper, it's Andrew that would have had all the room.
This was the case. However Dumas didn't dive to the inside. He carried his speed and a wider line forcing Andrew to either completely blow the line and blow out or literally stick to Mike's right side and follow him around. This type of "move" happens all the time in real road racing. Having the inside is a must and "drifting" out to throw off the other guy is the the "move."

I was sitting right there at the end of the straight and this is MY PERSONAL OPINION of what happened, nothing more nothing less.

It was still one of the best races to watch !

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com

Last edited by Randy_Pike; 02-09-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:41 PM   #19554
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. MR4 View Post
I have been testing the RS Pro with a GM 13.5 (97294) 12.3mm rotor 1300 Gauss in my 1/10 onroad 2S lipo - Track Size 100 foot straight by 40 feet.

Set up:
Gearing - 6.3
Motor Timing - 0
Throttle Profile - 5
Boost - 50
Start RPM - 3253
End RPM - 25061
Turbo - 12
Turbo Delay - 0.14
Ramp - 2

Car is quick but need abit more 'mid range' power (half way down the straight onwards) and car keeps on accelerating at the end of the straight.

Any Suggestions please?

Thanks

mid range is the rpm range lower the end and watch the temps,you may have to raise the delay just a bit as timing will be coming in on top of each other more with a closer rpm range
Old 02-09-2011, 02:02 PM   #19555
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
mid range is the rpm range lower the end and watch the temps,you may have to raise the delay just a bit as timing will be coming in on top of each other more with a closer rpm range
Thanks will give it a try
Mr. MR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:08 PM   #19556
Tech Adept

sure looks like you still have the wrong information on the web site....with Dumas being listed as Tq & winner..well regarding the move dumas pulled on andrew at end of straightaway...just goes to show you what a pile driver he was at that point of the race. There was still 1:30 to go..did you really have to try a last lap ditch effort to win..the way I see it Andrew was still ahead of Mike going through corner and Mike is the one that caused the accident.

Did any one watch the touring car final...sure the leaders all fought hard and certainly could of dumped each other but they choose to drive a clean race till the end..Dumas could of ran another minute making a great race even better but chose to just "pile drive" over the leader. Nice and tekin thinks its great. I wonder what F1 or Nascar thinks about a car from behind taking out the car in front to gain a position?

Sure EA...have you even spoken to Andrew? My understand was Andrew wanted to stay signed with Tekin but Tekin would not sign him unless he ran their motors. Andrew realized that he need to run other motors and that this would work! Funny I wonder how many other tekin sponsored racers used Tekin motors?
cookie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:13 PM   #19557
Tech Elite

bud, you prob need to know the whole story before you post. we all have the same contract terms. it was andrew's choice and not tekin's

Old 02-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #19558
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie1 View Post

Sure EA...have you even spoken to Andrew? My understand was Andrew wanted to stay signed with Tekin but Tekin would not sign him unless he ran their motors. Andrew realized that he need to run other motors and that this would work! Funny I wonder how many other tekin sponsored racers used Tekin motors?
Yes I have spoke with him...at the race. I am not at liberty to say what the contract states or doesnt state as its confidential to each driver and Tekin but if Randy wants to he can elaborate on that.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #19559
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. MR4 View Post

Set up:
Gearing - 6.3
Motor Timing - 0
Throttle Profile - 5
Boost - 50
Start RPM - 3253
End RPM - 25061
Turbo - 12
Turbo Delay - 0.14
Ramp - 2

Any Suggestions please?

Thanks
Wow high end RPM.
100F is cold for a GM motor. It runs ad it's best ad around the 180F.
Now the V212 will not made it easy to reach the 180F and that is also not nessaseary but 160F is better.
Just lower your end RPM to 15000.
I used full boost with the GM. It can handle it with no problem.
4000 start and 15000 end and full Boost worked for me. I used 15 Turbo with 0,2 delay.
play with the gearing. I used a quit heavy gearing with the motor.
I don't now the gearing any more because I don't run a GM motor any more.
toptek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #19560
Tech Champion

Things happen in racing, 2 guys giving it their all, and bang, who hasn't been there at some point in their time of racing?

It happens in all scales of motorsport.

I guess the professionalism is shown after the incident not during it - meening yes a crash isn't what either guys wanted in a big race, because either could stand to loose out from it and be left on the side of the track as a wreck, BUT if both guys can shake hands and know it was a racing incident, that shows real maturity on both guys part.

If you are racing (and more so at a big event), you don't want to show yourself up as a hack, it isn't going to show you as a good person to anyone and it certainly would not impress your sponsors, should you have any.

In the slower classes where the speeds are evenly matched to tenths of a second on laptime, no one gives an inch away of their track space, if they yeald, they've lost the place. If they are on the inside line, one would say they dictate where they want to be and the follower has to yeald or find a way past.

If you are a racer, whoever has the bigger balls, holds their racing line and expects the follower to yeald or find a different line. Or you take a dive up the inside, find the optimal line and brake late for example.

Verdict = racing incident.

That's my take on when things go bang, FWIW.

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote