R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-25-2011, 09:40 PM   #19366
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
That's what we're here for. The min brake does the same thing.
One setting at a time...

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:46 PM   #19367
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo416 View Post
There doesn't seem to be any 212 setups. Everyone says use the 208 setups but there are additions to the 212 that are not in 208. I'm looking for a good setup for a x-12 17.5 on a carpet track for a rubber tire Touring car. I'm thinking of going back to 203.
212 does have a few additional settings but guys are saying that the car has less punch or it doesn't feel like the previous. If all the setting are carried over EXACTLY then you should feel the same and laptimes should be the same. The new additions are to further fine tune the throtle and brakes. Don't give up just yet. We're here to help. What settings are you currently running? What are you looking to get out of your car? What's it lacking? What are you happy with? Once we have a starting point we have nowhere to go but up
Old 01-25-2011, 09:48 PM   #19368
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
One setting at a time...
Fair enough How have things been on the rug? I miss ya'll I'm playing in the dirt now.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:35 PM   #19369
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Fair enough How have things been on the rug? I miss ya'll I'm playing in the dirt now.
Ask Scotty B, he came by on Saturday during the rug racing. I don't think that we could have accommodated one more racer in the pit area. Racing is great; but, I let some other "valley boys" get the best of me.

Sunday off-road was strong too. But, I still don't do dirt...Too much fun in WGT with my Tekin RS.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:04 PM   #19370
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've been proudly running an RS Pro in various spec racing classes over the last 2 years with great success. I am now looking into running Mod/open in the next couple of months with an LRP/Nosram X12 style motor and i was wondering if the RS Pro is competitive in that situation or would it be advisable to buy an RX8 for better power handling.

l remember trying a 3.5T motor not long ago and the speedie thermalled within 2 minutes in dual mode. I believe running twin caps and a fan on the posts is advisable but will it give me the performance i need to be competitive against LRP's and Speed Passions ESC's. Any advice/opinions/setups would be greatly appreciated

FYI: I'm currently runing a 416WE/X on various outdoor tracks w/ rubber tyres.

Thanks in Advance,
Steve

www.brccc.org
myan racing (coming soon)
myan_gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:15 PM   #19371
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
If you're running 212 then you have the new min throtle adjustments. This helps with the bottom end. The higher the number the more punch it will have. If you were happy with the settings of 203 then you should be fine with the same settings on 212. We will get you pointed in the right direction.
Thanks!
AndreC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:06 AM   #19372
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It has proven that the RS is fast but now how can you make this speedcontrol smooth on the infield.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:45 AM   #19373
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
It has proven that the RS is fast but now how can you make this speedcontrol smooth on the infield.
This is exaclty what i have been struggling with !
If someone has some good settings for a Rs and 10.5t Redline for use indoor on carpet that would be great. The throttle feels dead at the bottom then WHAM all the power comes in a massive chunk right at the top.
tc3nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:59 AM   #19374
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3nitro View Post
If someone has some good settings for a Rs and 10.5t Redline for use indoor on carpet that would be great. The throttle feels dead at the bottom then WHAM all the power comes in a massive chunk right at the top.
What are your settings?

Sounds like you should degrease the rpm range and increase your turbo delay.
MartinBasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:12 AM   #19375
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by myan_gsr View Post
I've been proudly running an RS Pro in various spec racing classes over the last 2 years with great success. I am now looking into running Mod/open in the next couple of months with an LRP/Nosram X12 style motor and i was wondering if the RS Pro is competitive in that situation or would it be advisable to buy an RX8 for better power handling.

l remember trying a 3.5T motor not long ago and the speedie thermalled within 2 minutes in dual mode. I believe running twin caps and a fan on the posts is advisable but will it give me the performance i need to be competitive against LRP's and Speed Passions ESC's. Any advice/opinions/setups would be greatly appreciated

FYI: I'm currently runing a 416WE/X on various outdoor tracks w/ rubber tyres.

Thanks in Advance,
Steve
It all comes down to throtle finger and proper gearing. The caps and fan do help but if someone is heavy on the throtle then the gearing needs to be adjusted as well as the speedo settings. A 3.5 is a beast and will need the proper settings to be controllable. Use a practice day or two to get the feel of it and do the 2min run and temp your motor test to see if the gearing/settings are correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3nitro View Post
What settings are both of you currently running and what motor? One way to smooth out the car is increasing the end rpm's while staying with the same start rpm's. Boost also plays a factor. What changes have you already done to try and smooth it out so I dont suggest something you did already?

TC3nitro- Sounds like you could use a bit more boost in your set up. How much are you running now and what motor and gearing? I'm sure a simple adjustment and you'll be happy. I also assume this is for sedan???
Old 01-26-2011, 06:13 AM   #19376
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Ask Scotty B, he came by on Saturday during the rug racing. I don't think that we could have accommodated one more racer in the pit area. Racing is great; but, I let some other "valley boys" get the best of me.

Sunday off-road was strong too. But, I still don't do dirt...Too much fun in WGT with my Tekin RS.
I talk to Art all the time. He said it was packed.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:31 AM   #19377
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Exclamation

I am sure this is going to come off like a Rookie question.

Broke the capacitor on my RS, and would like to use it this weekend, but none of our local hobby shops stock any Tekin hardware. Would I be able to find one at Radio Shack?

The stock Tekin cap is 330uf, 16v. See the shack has a 1000uf, 35v Radial cap. Would this get me by till I can get the Tekin one?

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tic+capacitors
Old 01-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #19378
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

a 1000 16v will get you by
Old 01-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #19379
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

But the 35v won't work?
Old 01-26-2011, 08:13 AM   #19380
Tech Fanatic

it will. any 16+V 330uf+ low ESR cap will do.
Sakura Zero S - LRP Quantum, Saturn 20T
KoPropo Eurus
wallot is offline   Reply With Quote