R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-01-2011, 09:27 AM   #19051
Tech Adept

I tried out tekin rs pro on onroad car. And it was just great. Especially the brakes were so strong and sensitive . I raced it for some time in offroad and was awesome. Only 2 things I dont like so much about it. American style of interface and the speedo box preccision.
L@gger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:37 AM   #19052
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to twk-b

Quote:
Originally Posted by toptek View Post
I got it.

((rpm*60)/(FDR))*((3,14*D)/10000))/60=KM/H
this formula is right. now I get the same results.
glad to hear you got it sorted out, and that we agree what the number should be.

Thanks

-b
twk-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:07 AM   #19053
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I tried out tekin rs pro on onroad car. And it was just great. Especially the brakes were so strong and sensitive . I raced it for some time in offroad and was awesome. Only 2 things I dont like so much about it. American style of interface and the speedo box preccision.
No one likes the interface. I am assuming that you are talking about the language though. What are you referring to when you say "speedo box preccision"? Are you talking about the build quality?
Old 01-01-2011, 11:46 AM   #19054
Tech Adept

About interface. I mean that its just too stylish so it was harder to understand it for me. I would like more something very easy and basic without many effects and also maybe something advanced where you can change settings of ESC more to deep. Like drag and drop curve points of motor timing and some special settings you arent allowed to do. Also I would like to save mine esc setting to some data format and be able to transfer it (not sure if this isnt possible)

By esc box precision I mean that its not aligned well. Much space between those 2 box components making it easy to get dust into it (I see LEDs very bad because of dust now). Also the material of that box could be alot better.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #19055
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by twk-b View Post
glad to hear you got it sorted out, and that we agree what the number should be.

Thanks

-b
You had it right.
Difference became bigger with an other FDR but now I see that most of my top speeds were higher than I thought it was.
I use the Spectrum set to see the RPM. only need to change the gearing formula to see the top speed but now I now for sure that I can choose my end RPM better.

nice program. Hope you make it also for the Nokia.
toptek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #19056
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragula426 View Post
Roll Out = PI x Tire Dia / Gear Ratio(including trans ratio)

Ave Per Lap = #minutes x 60sec / # of actual Laps

Ave RPM per lap = [(Size of track in ft) x (12 inches/ft) x (#Laps) / (#min)] / Rollout

Peak RPM = Ave RPM x 1.10 (or 10% beyond what you will use)

I use Peak RPM as my upper limit to start with so you usually hit the peak accel just before the turn. Seems to get me close, and then I tweek it from there. I keep track of all the lengths of the tracks I race at and all the settings i run. It helps me see where I want to be....

Now here is the interesting part, once you know a track to gear for it, you can reverse the formula a little when you see someone hit more laps than you ..... And you can gear for a targeted number of laps, but you need to be careful, because formulas and real world testing are two different games and you can toast a motor if your not close already.

You guys would freak if you took a look at my huge spread sheet I keep track of everything with.

All the cycles on my batteries on one tab, all the tracks, motors, rolllouts and gearing on another, and lastly a page for the car set-up from week to week, and I have 5 cars currently, so that's one for each car just about.
(Size of track in ft) is in ft or square feet? or straight length or what?

-b
Old 01-01-2011, 12:41 PM   #19057
Tech Regular

Quote:
About interface. I mean that its just too stylish so it was harder to understand it for me. I would like more something very easy and basic without many effects and also maybe something advanced where you can change settings of ESC more to deep. Like drag and drop curve points of motor timing and some special settings you arent allowed to do. Also I would like to save mine esc setting to some data format and be able to transfer it (not sure if this isnt possible)

By esc box precision I mean that its not aligned well. Much space between those 2 box components making it easy to get dust into it (I see LEDs very bad because of dust now). Also the material of that box could be alot better.
if you install in "netbook" mode it is much better (ie less stylish

-b
Old 01-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #19058
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:

I and many others have complained about the interface. My understanding is that they are in the process of removing it. Apparently when they first coded the software the interface builder they used makes it hard to change the skin of the program. As for saving individual profiles, that should be out with the next software revision.

I have never notice the case fill up with dirt. But is is easy enough to take apart. Just remove the four screws and clean out the inside. If your case is damaged you can get a replacement one.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #19059
Tech Adept

Wouldnt call it full of dirt but I got some dirt on that transparent plastic making hard to see leds. Not sure if i wont lose warranty by removing it myself. But what i was talking about is that its not made correctly and the box is not fitting well (in my case) and material could be better.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:54 PM   #19060
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Good day!

If you take the case appart, be carfull not to loose the 2 small buttons, they are not attached to anything and will fatt out.
I will not send Pay Pal as a gift or add fees to the price so DO NOT ASK!
BCbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #19061
Tech Apprentice

Default 10.5 help

I am looking for some help, I am running 10.5 rubber touring for the first time and need a good starting point. The track is the gate at cleveland, I believe it's 80x40. Thanks for any and all info.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #19062
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcscoot2539 View Post
I am looking for some help, I am running 10.5 rubber touring for the first time and need a good starting point. The track is the gate at cleveland, I believe it's 80x40. Thanks for any and all info.
5 motor
40 timing boost
3-4k start
18k end
fdr 7.5-8.25
check after 2-3 min if all is good ad 5 to the timing boost
Old 01-01-2011, 05:53 PM   #19063
Tech Apprentice

Thanks 20 smoke that helps a lot
Old 01-03-2011, 03:27 AM   #19064
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I went to the Megadrom track in Gelsenkirchen, Germany to practice. Nice facility, it was nice to finally run after an 8 month layoff. I started with Haras 17.5 set-up which felt good worked on my car setup with this then went to Niklas Hansen set-up to see the difference between them. His setup felt better, I stayed with my current gearing to play it safe so I know that I did not get the most potential out of the motor, my temps where only 130 degrees with a Duo 2 without a fan. Thanks for everybody’s help, now I just need to put in some good runs at the Cup!

Patrick

Boost: 50
Start: 5.000
End: 15.000
Turbo: 15
Delay: 0.25
Ramp: 3.0
FDR: 6.3
Motor-timing: 10
XCELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #19065
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcscoot2539 View Post
Personally with a 10.5 I would start with 10k-13k rpm and end 20K-25K rpm. What is best will depend on your motor and your motor timing
yellowshark is offline   Reply With Quote