Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairy
My speedo has a problem......When i pull the trigger it will not take off, you can hear it making a noise and the led's light up ,but will not take off.
I can spin the gear and it will run as long as the gear is turning everything is fine.
I have tried three other motors and different sensor cables to no effect. I have un soldered and resoldered the wires from the battery to the speedo and from the speedo to the motor,no change!
Does any one know what is wrong!
It came off the track from an eventless run and when I went back out this happened.
My dad and I are having the same issue. I purchased a RS ESC for my 1/10 WGT and download the 212 software. I ran the car the weekend before last with a brand new out of the box 13.5 motor for 3 practice runs, 3 qualifiers and the main. Everything worked awesome, when I went back to the track to practice the next week after not touching the car since the week before it started having issues. The car will not move unless you give the car a push, once it is moving it is fine. We tried resetting the ESC, reinstalled the software, I tried 4 new sensor wires and we even put a new sensor in the motor and after all that it still wouldn't work. I placed a new motor in the car and it works fine with the same ESC and setup. My dad also downloaded the 212 software to his RS ESC and his motor is doing the same thing. We had two different brands of motor in our cars. His car, motor and ESC worked fine until he downloaded the software.
Is it something in the software or settings that is causing this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andrew Knapp
Where did you have the timing set on the ballistic motor?
I have it set at 30. On this new Ballistic they have 15-30-45 instead of - N +. I have not touched the timing of this motor. I bought it and stuck it in. I have 2 RS's programmed exactly the same and one wont run the ballistic and the other will.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dcasargent
My dad and I are having the same issue. I purchased a RS ESC for my 1/10 WGT and download the 212 software. I ran the car the weekend before last with a brand new out of the box 13.5 motor for 3 practice runs, 3 qualifiers and the main. Everything worked awesome, when I went back to the track to practice the next week after not touching the car since the week before it started having issues. The car will not move unless you give the car a push, once it is moving it is fine. We tried resetting the ESC, reinstalled the software, I tried 4 new sensor wires and we even put a new sensor in the motor and after all that it still wouldn't work. I placed a new motor in the car and it works fine with the same ESC and setup. My dad also downloaded the 212 software to his RS ESC and his motor is doing the same thing. We had two different brands of motor in our cars. His car, motor and ESC worked fine until he downloaded the software.

when you are have issues with the car at start up check the sensors by looking at esc leds 5,6,7 two of them will be lite and they will flicker (dimly) when rotating the drivetrain
Old 12-14-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have not received an answer to the problem as of this date. My suggestion is to call tech support and talk to them.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

There are hundreds (if not thousands) of racers using 212 without this problem so I would venture to say it is a hardware problem rather than a software problem.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Addict

Help please. I am new to 12th scale and am trying to hook up my electronics. I have a 1 cell lipo and a receiver pack life 200mah 6.6v it came with futaba plug on it to go into my receiver but do I need a switch for this or can I just plug and unplug as needed? What switch would I need? pics would help thank you. I am sure this is somewhere on here but can not find it.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

You did not mention that you had reset your radios to the new software. Could be it.

Sounds like what happened to me when I upgraded to 212. Reset my Eurus and all was good.

Bill
Old 12-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Still Bill
You did not mention that you had reset your radios to the new software. Could be it.

Sounds like what happened to me when I upgraded to 212. Reset my Eurus and all was good.

Bill
I have not reset my radio, so I will give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion!!
Old 12-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Victory Side
I have it set at 30. On this new Ballistic they have 15-30-45 instead of - N +. I have not touched the timing of this motor. I bought it and stuck it in. I have 2 RS's programmed exactly the same and one wont run the ballistic and the other will.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

I have not reset my radio, so I will give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion!!
What radio do you have?
Old 12-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Help please. I've ploughed thru'20 pages looking for the cap value and it didn't show. Mine broke a leg and the hobbyshop don't got one on the shelf, so I need to get something from the Shack !!

Help me please.

Jacko
Old 12-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
Help please. I've ploughed thru'20 pages looking for the cap value and it didn't show. Mine broke a leg and the hobbyshop don't got one on the shelf, so I need to get something from the Shack !!

Help me please.

Jacko
Below are the stock part number and specs from the Tekin site.

TT3522 16v 1000uF all units (2)
Old 12-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
TT3520 Power Cap 16V 330uF RS / R1 / Fx series (2)
You needed to go back over 30 pages....
Old 12-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Champion

Good one!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hpisims
Help please. I am new to 12th scale and am trying to hook up my electronics. I have a 1 cell lipo and a receiver pack life 200mah 6.6v it came with futaba plug on it to go into my receiver but do I need a switch for this or can I just plug and unplug as needed? What switch would I need? pics would help thank you. I am sure this is somewhere on here but can not find it.
When you wire your stuff up I would wire your life pac through the switch then the bec from the esc will regulate the power to the reciever. A life pac after time will increse in voltage and in my experiance (2 esc's not working any more of my own and 5 others that I know of just at my track all running life pacs pluged in to the reciever) will ruin the esc (in my opinion ) again this is just my opinion of what's happening with the life pacs I'm sure other people are using them with no problems but give it time you'll see

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.