R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-09-2010, 09:49 AM   #18856
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krio View Post
Are you going from full throttle? If turbo is engaged and you back off just enough so that timing vanishes, but still on power enough that the magnetic field being created is now "behind" the rotor it will slow the motor to an extent.
Yes, from full to partial throttle. I do not believe my turbo is on in that particular sweeper but it's possible. I will say however that this does not happen with v203 and the setup is almost identical.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:30 AM   #18857
2xs
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
I am talking about partial lifting, not even going to neutral, not going to brake. I really don't use brakes on my track so I haven't messed with the minimum brake setting. Minimum throttle I have been using 20-30 (17.5 touring car).
I think the problem is that when you start running the minimum throttle above 20%. At 20% MinT for every 1% you move the trigger you are actually changing the ESC throttle response by 1.25%, and at 30% MinT ESC response will change by 1.43%.

So the higher you have MinT the smoother and more controlled you will have to be with the trigger.
2xs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:31 AM   #18858
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatter View Post
Did the on road guys go back to 208? I was looking at some recent set up sheets of Atsushi Hara etc and they said they were using 208? Is there something wrong with 212?
No, it was likely the setup he was using at the time. I have Hara's latest setups and will be posting them shortly. He's using 212 and is very happy with it.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:32 AM   #18859
Team Tekin

Quote:
Yes, from full to partial throttle. I do not believe my turbo is on in that particular sweeper but it's possible. I will say however that this does not happen with v203 and the setup is almost identical.
If it's a sweeper it's very possible. Where's your turbo delay set?

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Old 12-09-2010, 10:44 AM   #18860
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xs View Post
I think the problem is that when you start running the minimum throttle above 20%. At 20% MinT for every 1% you move the trigger you are actually changing the ESC throttle response by 1.25%, and at 30% MinT ESC response will change by 1.43%.

So the higher you have MinT the smoother and more controlled you will have to be with the trigger.
It did it with v208 also, which had no min. throttle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
If it's a sweeper it's very possible. Where's your turbo delay set?
.2 delay, 2 ramp, 12 turbo. The sweeper is no more than 20 feet out of a 180 hairpin. I guess it's possible but since going from .1 to .2 delay I really felt that I stopped using turbo in the infield of our track, and the car is a lot easier to drive in the infield now.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:13 AM   #18861
Tech Adept

randy are there anny mod setups from hara?
there are for mod not that manny setups for a tc.

now with the 212 it would be nice for some setups for large medium an small tracks.
toptek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:27 AM   #18862
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
The only thing I have noticed is that the car can violently "check up" if you lift the throttle much, like if you are lifted at the apex of a high speed sweeper. This has been a common complaint at our track, but I think it happened on v208 as well. We noticed it after leaving v203.
I would wager this may come from the tendency of the "fast guys" to run a really tiny, or even min, neutral width in combination with aggressive min brake. If you lift suddenly and the rx sees the tiniest amount of brake signal the ESC will go straight to the min brake value and you'll get that violent "check up". People here have been accused of brake checking.

Have you tried a larger NW, like 10?

EDIT: scratch that (perhaps) after reading newer responses.
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:37 AM   #18863
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
I am talking about partial lifting, not even going to neutral, not going to brake. I really don't use brakes on my track so I haven't messed with the minimum brake setting. Minimum throttle I have been using 20-30 (17.5 touring car).
I've had that happen, 10 on the push control fixed it.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #18864
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
read over this,it is a new user guide with pics on everything the rs does

http://www.carsrcracing.co.uk/?p=244
thanks a lot bro
Old 12-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #18865
Team Tekin

Quote:
It did it with v208 also, which had no min. throttle.

.2 delay, 2 ramp, 12 turbo. The sweeper is no more than 20 feet out of a 180 hairpin. I guess it's possible but since going from .1 to .2 delay I really felt that I stopped using turbo in the infield of our track, and the car is a lot easier to drive in the infield now.
Since the sweeper is that long I know turbo is kicking in. To verify it raise it .4 or .5

Old 12-09-2010, 12:15 PM   #18866
Team Tekin

Quote:
Originally Posted by toptek View Post
randy are there anny mod setups from hara?
there are for mod not that manny setups for a tc.

now with the 212 it would be nice for some setups for large medium an small tracks.
He will be testing more mod setups shortly. I will post up what he's happy with once I get that info.

You can take a few of the 203 Mod setups and use them in 212. Jason Moberly's 4.5 setup is one of my favorite to reccomend.
Attached Thumbnails
Tekin RS ESC sensored-jmoberly3-29-10-rs-tc-4-5.png  

Old 12-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #18867
Tech Apprentice

I'm new to the programable speed controllers, any advice for a good starting point for 13.5?

Another question, is it best to run a wide rpm range 5k to 20k or 5k to 10k? What are the advantages of each one?
Jim_1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #18868
Tech Adept

Quote:
He will be testing more mod setups shortly. I will post up what he's happy with once I get that info.

You can take a few of the 203 Mod setups and use them in 212. Jason Moberly's 4.5 setup is one of my favorite to reccomend.
thanks.

in sensord mode? I always use dual mode for my 4,5T.
with the timing on 45 it went great.
gearing depends on the track.

I tried the 212 and the infield rip is just sick. also a great top speed but I lowerd the timing to 30 - 35.
I race now indoor and train with the 4,5t
the straight is short so I don't need a lot of timing. the car still don't reages his top speed but accelaretes good and the motor stays cooler than before.

I will try the setup in sensord mode.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:22 PM   #18869
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_1987 View Post
I'm new to the programable speed controllers, any advice for a good starting point for 13.5?

Another question, is it best to run a wide rpm range 5k to 20k or 5k to 10k? What are the advantages of each one?
my rpm range for a 13,5 is about 3 to 5K
depends on the track motor and gearing.
I run with a turbo of 5 with a dealy of 0
ramp 2
start rpm is now most of the time from 7000 to 9000.
but it al depends on the track.

you can also use a turbo delay but use than a lower start rpm. around the 4000.

on the tekin site there are some good setups for a 13,5t.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #18870
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenmachine View Post
I would wager this may come from the tendency of the "fast guys" to run a really tiny, or even min, neutral width in combination with aggressive min brake. If you lift suddenly and the rx sees the tiniest amount of brake signal the ESC will go straight to the min brake value and you'll get that violent "check up". People here have been accused of brake checking.

Have you tried a larger NW, like 10?

EDIT: scratch that (perhaps) after reading newer responses.
My NW is 25, minimum brake is 0 or whatever the default for v212 is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
I've had that happen, 10 on the push control fixed it.
I'm running 20 push. It helped but its still there. I think push only activates if you go all the way to neutral.

Quote:
Since the sweeper is that long I know turbo is kicking in. To verify it raise it .4 or .5
I will try it and see how it affects it. Our straight is 120-130ft., I feel that with a .5 delay I wouldn't see much if any turbo on our straight, but I know a lot of setups don't rely on turbo as much as others so I will experiment some more.