R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-11-2010, 10:02 AM   #18256
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default Help

Don't blow me up for not "tedious testing" but I would like to know if someone has a set up sheet for the Tekin RS (non pro) running the 17.5 tekin motor. I am running a new TCX on an indoor asphault track (West Coast Raceway). Just looking to get things close an din the "ball park" with car/motor/esc set before I go out and have a blast doing all the fine tuning.

Thanks all.
goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:07 AM   #18257
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
Don't blow me up for not "tedious testing" but I would like to know if someone has a set up sheet for the Tekin RS (non pro) running the 17.5 tekin motor. I am running a new TCX on an indoor asphault track (West Coast Raceway). Just looking to get things close an din the "ball park" with car/motor/esc set before I go out and have a blast doing all the fine tuning.

Thanks all.
SIZE OF THE TRACK
Old 11-11-2010, 10:31 AM   #18258
Tech Initiate

Ok thanks to all for the info about the motor limitations on the RS. It will then stay with my stock combo wich works very well.

I would love to see what dynamic timing could do on a mod motor, not sure i'll have the use to purchase an rs pro since i only race stock during the off season.

I am about to get an rx8 for a 1/8 buggy, could i use this esc to power this 5,5T motor in a TC as well?

I guess it would work, but would it competitive or juste so so. Has anyone done it?
Jeppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:33 AM   #18259
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeppi View Post
Ok thanks to all for the info about the motor limitations on the RS. It will then stay with my stock combo wich works very well.

I would love to see what dynamic timing could do on a mod motor, not sure i'll have the use to purchase an rs pro since i only race stock during the off season.

I am about to get an rx8 for a 1/8 buggy, could i use this esc to power this 5,5T motor in a TC as well?

I guess it would work, but would it competitive or juste so so. Has anyone done it?
In my opinion, when you are running a 3.5-5.5 mod motor, it doesn't matter what speedo you run, you are not going to get out motored unless it's a HUGE track!
Old 11-11-2010, 11:09 AM   #18260
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just downloaded 212 for my Tekin speedo to get back into electric for the winter.

When in dual mode: the timing advance feature is showing with a starting and ending rpm. In 2wd buggy what do you guys typically set the timing advance and rpm setting when running an 8.5 motor?

Also, I didn't see a 13.5 setup for 2wd buggy on the Tekin website for the new 212 software? Can someone give me a good starting point for an offroad track with very high bite about 95 foot straight?

Leaving now for the track... 2010 Fall Classic in Hutchinson, KS!!!

Thanks!
racer-oZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:12 AM   #18261
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
SIZE OF THE TRACK
ugh. Says 7500 SQ FT
goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:12 AM   #18262
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Im interested to see what setting people are running with the D3 motor and 212 software on a small 80 x 40 track in TC
"If you're not first...you're last!"
jammincrtjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:25 AM   #18263
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammincrtjames View Post
Im interested to see what setting people are running with the D3 motor and 212 software on a small 80 x 40 track in TC
We are running the spec mode at Thunder if you all plan on coming up. But we might be able to get a full heat of open too if you all are planning on it anytime this winter.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #18264
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-oZ View Post
Just downloaded 212 for my Tekin speedo to get back into electric for the winter.

When in dual mode: the timing advance feature is showing with a starting and ending rpm. In 2wd buggy what do you guys typically set the timing advance and rpm setting when running an 8.5 motor?

Also, I didn't see a 13.5 setup for 2wd buggy on the Tekin website for the new 212 software? Can someone give me a good starting point for an offroad track with very high bite about 95 foot straight?

Leaving now for the track... 2010 Fall Classic in Hutchinson, KS!!!

Thanks!
The RPM range is not used in dual mode.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #18265
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
ugh. Says 7500 SQ FT
The main things peopele usuallly want to know to give advice on set-up is length of the main straight, whether it's technical or open, carpet or asphalt, stuff like that.
A lot of the hekp offered is by peoples personal experiences on similar tracks, so the more info you cangive about your track, the easier it is to give something benificial.

My car just hit 88mph. I hope it comes back soon....
JR007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:42 PM   #18266
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 150 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
The RPM range is not used in dual mode.
In 212 it is used. The starting timing is zero with the end timing being whatever you have your timing advance slider at.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:02 PM   #18267
Tech Fanatic

Er... In dual mode the motor is started using the sensors, and then it switched to sensorless mode. The Boost Timing slider is not operative in dual mode, and therefore the rev range selection is not operative either. As the speedo switches to sensorless in Dual Mode (hence the title - sensored to sensorless, two modes, Dual Mode) the timing cannot be detected as the sensor does not operate.

The Dual Mode slider goes from 0 to 100%. 100% is (IIRC) 30 degrees advance, so 50% is 15 degrees and so on.

HTH
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:07 PM   #18268
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krio View Post
In 212 it is used. The starting timing is zero with the end timing being whatever you have your timing advance slider at.
Care to tell me how the RPM range is used when the sensors are not being read?

Old 11-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #18269
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Running 17.5 w/BOOST-

*MOTOR ENDBELL TIMING= 30
*BOOST= 50
*TURBO= 10
*TURBO DELAY= 0.1
*TURBO RAMP= 3
*START RPM= 1532
*END RPM= 8492
*ROLLOUT= 87mm/ 3.425"

My car was fast yesterday amongst a field of 13.5's w/o BOOST. Just doing some testing here. I qualified 7th outta 16 guys. I finished 5th. About the 2minute mark though, I felt a noticeable fade. Car was still able to stay in front of a few guys charging hard but felt they were definitely faster than I was. I just kept clean and my car was really good. My question is, is this a ROLLOUT/GEARING issue or should I change something with my settings?

Btw, the way I have the brakes set up on this speedo w/my radio is awesome! I love how I can 'late apex'. Sweet!

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:18 PM   #18270
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerOne View Post
Er... In dual mode the motor is started using the sensors, and then it switched to sensorless mode. The Boost Timing slider is not operative in dual mode, and therefore the rev range selection is not operative either. As the speedo switches to sensorless in Dual Mode (hence the title - sensored to sensorless, two modes, Dual Mode) the timing cannot be detected as the sensor does not operate.

The Dual Mode slider goes from 0 to 100%. 100% is (IIRC) 30 degrees advance, so 50% is 15 degrees and so on.

HTH
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
Care to tell me how the RPM range is used when the sensors are not being read?

There IS the ability to set start and end rpm for dual mode. It is similar to boost for sensored mode but works with the timing advance setting instead.

There are ways of measuring and changing timing when running sensorless, though I don't know exactly how it does it.

Trev
CARSrcracing.co.uk Webmaster
Schumacher Racing
TrevCoult is offline   Reply With Quote