Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 06:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ronsand
Thanks for all the advice. I will run the car tonight and if necessary do some tuning to FDR, motor timing and esc. I will tune in again later on with my findings.
Let us know what you find out and keep track of all your changes. You should feel a difference in the way the car feels with every adjustment.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

I've got a question about 1s LiPo operation. I checked the "1S LiPo" box and tried to run the ESC, but it blinked the voltage cutoff error code. When I went back into Hotwire, it showed the voltage cutoff setting was still set for 2S. If the "1S LiPo" checkbox doesn't change the voltage cutoff setting, then what does it do? Turn off the ESC's voltage regulator maybe?
Old 11-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

what is the "minimum throttle adjustment" and how is it used?
Old 11-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin Marcy
I've got a question about 1s LiPo operation. I checked the "1S LiPo" box and tried to run the ESC, but it blinked the voltage cutoff error code. When I went back into Hotwire, it showed the voltage cutoff setting was still set for 2S. If the "1S LiPo" checkbox doesn't change the voltage cutoff setting, then what does it do? Turn off the ESC's voltage regulator maybe?
you have to move the slider for voltage,just move it up to the top and set a custom voltage http://www.carsrcracing.co.uk/?p=244
Old 11-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin Marcy
When i run my RS in my 1/12th i tick the 1S box and turn the voltage cut off the "custom" and then set it to 3.000v

I am using a Voltage booster so i then never turn the RS on , i just use the V booster switch . This dissables the voltage cut off totally , Even running a 10.5 with very powerfull set up i only ever put 2500Mah in my Lipos
Old 11-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by M-Technic
I didn't have the file either, both when I went to v208 and v212. Both installed fine. Running Windows 7.
Thanks (and Randy) - that would come under the heading Wonders of Windows then
Old 11-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jammincrtjames
It is the percentage of full throttle you get as soon as you move your trigger/stick away from neutral. This should give you both more immediate punch and more feel through the rest of the throttle range.

We've found that around 15 is good for 12th scale with a 10.5, it may be different for other motors and classes though.

Trev
Old 11-04-2010, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jammincrtjames
Originally Posted by Krio
It is used to adjust the feel of the throttle and brakes. The default setting (and what every version prior to 212 is set at) puts 1% throttle trigger movement to 1% power, 2% throttle trigger to 2% power, etc. For cars with low amounts of power and high traction this is just wasted throttle trigger throw that you would never use in a race and is taking away from the resolution at higher trigger throws. Setting the default to 20 or so takes the first 1% of trigger throw and is now applying, say, 7% power. This gives a stronger feel at low trigger throws and allows more precise control at higher power levels since so much of your trigger movement isn't taken up just getting enough power to the motor. The same goes for brakes; if you never need to use just 1% of brakes, then upping the minimum brake gives you more control at the higher braking forces and reduces your reaction time by removing a small amount of how far your finger has to move to achieve the braking or acceleration force you desire.

In general, low power and high traction means most people would benefit from a higher minimum brake and throttle settings. With higher power and lower traction set the minimum brake/throttle lower.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Tekin...."really satisfies" I just want to give a plug for Tekin and their product support. I sent mine off last week with a mysterious issue. Today I got a brand new one in the mail with no charge for repair. Plus it came with a small Snickers candy bar. lol They are setting the standard in speedos and more importantly, to me, with support! Thanks Tekin for the hassle free help!
Old 11-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Hey! I didn't get a Snickers with mine. LoL!!
But I agree 110% that the Tekin product is the best there is, bar none.

Last edited by John Warner; 11-04-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mracer
Tekin...."really satisfies" I just want to give a plug for Tekin and their product support. I sent mine off last week with a mysterious issue. Today I got a brand new one in the mail with no charge for repair. Plus it came with a small Snickers candy bar. lol They are setting the standard in speedos and more importantly, to me, with support! Thanks Tekin for the hassle free help!
nice!

Great support for great products. What more could you ask for?

Maybe a melt resistant top decal for schmucks like me whose hands always manage to slip while soldering and hideously disfigure their awesome ESC. I know I can order a replacement case for cheap. I've been meaning to do that for a while. I'll probably "F" that one up too. I'd be a horrible surgeon.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by John Warner
Hey! I didn't get a Snickers with mine. LoL!!
I literally started laughing when it fell out of the box. I am sure it was left over from Halloween. I am can't eat it. I will mail it to you.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Old 11-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mracer
I literally started laughing when it fell out of the box. I am sure it was left over from Halloween. I am can't eat it. I will mail it to you.
That'll be awesome.... Thanks!
Old 11-05-2010, 06:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Hey all,

Just got myself into 1/10 Modified racing in my home track, and I need few starting points for ESC setups.

My home track is a large/fast open asphalt track with long straight and big sweeper, and I'm running RS Pro 212 version.

I have a few 4.5 ~ 5.5T Speed Passion V3 motors and gearing range is about late 8 to early 9.

I know low turn motors normally don't run timing boost and turbo, but I know some does and there must be a significant difference. I've been playing with Stock classes for a while, and just want to know how to setup timing advance/timing boost/turbo.

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.