R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-23-2010, 05:44 AM   #17851
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn View Post
did u change the gearing?
I took someone else's advice and played around a little with the gearing. I did not have a fan on the speedo and the other person did.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:39 AM   #17852
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn View Post
I might pick up a motor to run mod once in a while.

The site says 5turn 36mm can? What is that?

I only have the RS, not the Pro, I'm thinking a 6min heat of mod with a 6.5 and up should be ok?

Who here has actually gotten the RS to temp more than 1 or 2 led's?
you might want to search for it, but i recall a 2nd cap being suggested for hotter wind motors.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:51 AM   #17853
Tech Regular

i have downloaded 212 on my pc.Now i have run with 203 with a setting wich i didn`t write down. Will the 212 hotwire be able to read my 203 settings and be able to store it? I don`t want to lose these settings as it is really fast on my track.

greetz JW
djiewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #17854
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by djiewie View Post
i have downloaded 212 on my pc.Now i have run with 203 with a setting wich i didn`t write down. Will the 212 hotwire be able to read my 203 settings and be able to store it? I don`t want to lose these settings as it is really fast on my track.

greetz JW
I dont think it will when going from 203 to 212 because the user interface is different. If you were going from 208 to 212 then yes it would show you your current settings. I think when you plug the hotwire in its going to tell you that your model needs updating to be compatible.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:16 PM   #17855
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

To be able to be in Spec mode, does the timing profile have to be in 1 or the throttle profile need to be in 1?
Old 10-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #17856
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadB. View Post
To be able to be in Spec mode, does the timing profile have to be in 1 or the throttle profile need to be in 1?
+1.....C1 or C2?

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:10 PM   #17857
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
+1.....C1 or C2?
TIMING profile 1. They go 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, C1, C2

If you're doing it via Hotwire, you will see that the "Timing" page is blank (actually, it's blank on 1-5), and at the dashboard you'll see that boost and turbo are both zero.
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #17858
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenmachine View Post
TIMING profile 1. They go 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, C1, C2

If you're doing it via Hotwire, you will see that the "Timing" page is blank (actually, it's blank on 1-5), and at the dashboard you'll see that boost and turbo are both zero.
That's just the thing...my timing page is not blank It was the very 1st time I installed it but subsequent installs doesn't show the timing page as being blank.

Old 10-23-2010, 03:00 PM   #17859
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevCoult View Post
I just thought, if you mean upgrading from 5.7.1 to 5.7.3 HotWires, you don't need to update the speedo software again, that is still 212 and hasn't changed.

Trev
Spot on. I ran out of time waiting for an answer and did it anyway - worked perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhock View Post
Anyone figure the Minimum brake and Throttle out yet?
Yup! Minimum throttle gives you the number you set as a percentage of the throttle as soon as you move away from neutral. So, if you set 10, you get 10% of the throttle when you move away from neutral. 10 seems to work best for me as it makes the throttle more responsive, and removes the gap there was before.

Minimum brake works the same way. It makes the brake operate earlier for less stick movement. It's like using the handbrake in a rally car to get the back round in a hairpin - immediate application of the brake. It's not that sudden, but you get the analogy. Again, 10 seems to work for me.

Randy, I find the following with 212:
Throttle is much more responsive in the mid-range, especially using minimum throttle to close the gap there was around neutral.
Temps are lower, and for some reason I haven't fathomed out the car is better with extended rev range on the boost. I used to run 25xx to 85xx, but now run 27xx to 105xx, and it's faster and easier to control.
Old motors seem to be even better than new ones - I now have an X11 in my 12th car and it breezes past anything later!
The Dashboard is excellent for checking settings.
The updates work much better, from download through upgrade to settings.
Only niggles left - you can't move the sliders with the mouse, they don't follow the pointer, and some sliders still have no 'right-click' facility. Nit-picking I know, but you did ask!!

Thanks Tekin, a good product just got even better!
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:00 PM   #17860
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I'm having troubles with 212 on my netbook on XP. I downloaded the file, and the installation process goes as expected, but when I open the software I get a message that I can only change settings on this computer and I won't be able to update software with it. When I view the software version in the opening help menu, it seems clear that 212 hasn't loaded. It worked perfect on my other laptop with XP however. I have tried re-downloading the sw and reinstalling with the same results. I looked through the faq and help sections on Tekin but they don't seem to address this. Has this already been discussed here and I missed it? ANy ideas? I tried uninstalling and reloading with no success as well... thanks y'all!
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #17861
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
That's just the thing...my timing page is not blank It was the very 1st time I installed it but subsequent installs doesn't show the timing page as being blank.
JayBee: Try going to just profile one, toggle down were that is at and it will take you there. I have mine on throttle prifile 1 and the timing page is blank.

But thing is, since I have it on profile 1, there is a timing profile on another page to adjust the timing. I'm just trying to find the spec mode settings whatever that might be.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #17862
Tech Champion

Quote:
JayBee: Try going to just profile one, toggle down were that is at and it will take you there. I have mine on throttle prifile 1 and the timing page is blank.

But thing is, since I have it on profile 1, there is a timing profile on another page to adjust the timing. I'm just trying to find the spec mode settings whatever that might be.
Exactly but I'll keep trying

Old 10-23-2010, 04:32 PM   #17863
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Exactly but I'll keep trying
if you are on a profile that lets you change the timing, then you must be on either C1 or C2 (the custom profiles) which are profile slots 6,7 while slots 2-5 are a range of boost levels, and slot 1 is 0boost 0turbo (the SPEC profile)
Old 10-23-2010, 05:02 PM   #17864
Tech Champion

Thanks ChadB and avs; I don't know what I did because all I did was go in, took it off of C1 and put it on 1, applied settings and everything is all squared up. My timing page is blank AND lights 3 & 5 flash. Awesome!!
Thanks everyone and thanks Tekin....in 4 days I get to run and test

Old 10-23-2010, 05:59 PM   #17865
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm pretty upset with Tekin. I put 208 on my cars and they gained more speed and dropped temps. NOW they bring out 212 and it makes them faster, cooler, and easier to drive?.... I'm sick of it. These FREE updates are a waste of my time.

Can't wait to put some rips in the carpet tomorrow! Thanks Tekin!