R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-20-2010, 03:59 PM   #17701
Tech Addict

Default Originally from 208 software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
The user can now select from 5 preset Timing Profiles on the RS and RS PRO without a HotWire
RS and RS PRO
TP1 – Spec Mode 0deg Boost (LED flashes when in ___ so tech can easily verify mode)
TP2 – 15deg Boost, 5442 RPM to 20,000 RPM
TP3 – 25deg Boost, “ “
TP4 – 35deg Boost, “ “
TP5 – 45deg Boost, “ “
C1 – Custom settings using Hotwire
C2 – Custom settings using Hotwire

Custom 1 and Custom 2 (C1 and C2) are user-savable Timing Profiles created in the HotWire and are selected via the RS’s onboard interface. This will allow the user to run the same ESC in a “spec” class and have his or her own personal settings stored in C1 or C2 for the non-spec class at the same event/race.
Are these settings/characteristics still valid for 212 ?
Or are there new values for these preprogramed settings.
Awesomatix USA, AVID, Serpent USA / Desoto Racing, Team Scream, LRP, Psycho Cells Racing, Sweep Racing, T.Q. Wire, Hurricane Motorsports, Core Creations, Hobbytown USA of K.C., 2mm Design and ProLevel
BSYDOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:59 PM   #17702
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAT OUT View Post
Hi Will Randy and the team be posting some info on here or there website to tell us what these new adjustments do and how / when we should use them ??
Everything is the same as 208 except 212 has two new features of minimum throttle and minimum brake. Minimum throttle is the higher you go the more rip you get. Forexample, say you set at 10 for the first run but try it at 15 the next you should feel more rip at 15. I highly suggest starting at 10. Minimum brake is basically the same description as say minimum throttle besides it deals with brakes. Once again I recommend starting at 10.

I will be using 212 this weekend and will get a setup to Randy to be posted.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:00 PM   #17703
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The main difference between 208 and 212 is the ability to control minimum throttle and brake ammounts and improved braking strength and response. All of your setups can be run the way they currently are to start with but you might need to turn your drag brake down if you run a lot. If you are running 17.5 sedan, I suggest you try minimum throttle at 30. This is where I liked it at during testing. As far as minimum brake goes, that's just going to be personal preference and may vary depending on ammount of traction.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #17704
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenmachine View Post
This just needs to be repeated every page for a few days.
+1 At least Jag88 hasn't been puking on this thread for a few pages now! Jack-wagon.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:05 PM   #17705
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

212 Has the following changes and improvements.

1. ROAR approved Spec profile indiacted by led's 3 and 5 flashing.

2. Minimum Throttle: This will increase the amount of minimum drive the esc applies to the motor. The higher the number the greater the initial motor drive will be.

3. Minimum Brake: This changes the brake power minimum setting. The higher the number, the stronger the brakes are initially.

4. 203 level rpm schedules. Back down to below 1k for start rpms for the oval guys. So the best of 203 and 208 combined.

5. Improved braking overall. Reduced "lag" time and stronger braking.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:08 PM   #17706
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Pink View Post
Everything is the same as 208 except 212 has two new features of minimum throttle and minimum brake. Minimum throttle is the higher you go the more rip you get. Forexample, say you set at 10 for the first run but try it at 15 the next you should feel more rip at 15. I highly suggest starting at 10. Minimum brake is basically the same description as say minimum throttle besides it deals with brakes. Once again I recommend starting at 10.

I will be using 212 this weekend and will get a setup to Randy to be posted.
If I come out make we gotta make sure we finish ahead of AY
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo View Post
The main difference between 208 and 212 is the ability to control minimum throttle and brake ammounts and improved braking strength and response. All of your setups can be run the way they currently are to start with but you might need to turn your drag brake down if you run a lot. If you are running 17.5 sedan, I suggest you try minimum throttle at 30. This is where I liked it at during testing. As far as minimum brake goes, that's just going to be personal preference and may vary depending on ammount of traction.
I don't plan on using brakes this weekend
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:09 PM   #17707
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
212 Has the following changes and improvements.

1. ROAR approved Spec profile indiacted by led's 3 and 5 flashing.

2. Minimum Throttle: This will increase the amount of minimum drive the esc applies to the motor. The higher the number the greater the initial motor drive will be.

3. Minimum Brake: This changes the brake power minimum setting. The higher the number, the stronger the brakes are initially.

4. 203 level rpm schedules. Back down to below 1k for start rpms for the oval guys. So the best of 203 and 208 combined.

5. Improved braking overall. Reduced "lag" time and stronger braking.

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:17 PM   #17708
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

[QUOTE=STLNLST;8099808]If I come out make we gotta make sure we finish ahead of AY

Thats the plan!!! Hey you better be there!!
Old 10-20-2010, 04:17 PM   #17709
Tech Regular

Still no luck so have removed it to send back for service. Is there somewhere in the UK I can send it to or only in the US ?

Think it was just coincidence it happened straight after the update to be honest as it worked ok for a bit. I have removed the voltage booster and used a 6.6v life receiver pack and that wont even work to move the motor just the servo moves and I get the lights but no sound.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:24 PM   #17710
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Can we all just be happy to have a great product that can be updated overnight and like have a new ESC with the latest software available.

Do you all remember 2 years ago when a new esc came out, you all had old stuff and had to go buy the latestest and greatest. Tekin has taken that to the next level.

Thanks for what you do Jim and Randy
tnrccar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #17711
Team Tekin

Exclamation

Guys just found a minor bug in using Custom Profile C2.

If you select rpms in this profile it may not save your rpm schedule properly. Please use C1 until we can get this fixed!

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Old 10-20-2010, 04:41 PM   #17712
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
What is the value range for this (i.e. 0 to 50) and about where would you say that v208's default minimum throttle would fall if it had that feature?
Old 10-20-2010, 04:45 PM   #17713
Team Tekin

If 208 had that setting it would be 0. This adjustment can be felt right on the bench.

Old 10-20-2010, 04:49 PM   #17714
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
When I follow this link and download the software it is still the 208 version, am I doing something wrong or what?

Also an other question, currently I'm using this capacitor with my RS pro: http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/electr...0-74v/details/

I opted for this one as I'm also running a 5.5T motor outside with the RS.
Now for indoor I will solely run 13.5T and I think the LRP Cap. might be a bit large for this motor.
As I somewhat remember from my electric engineering classes a Cap. has an ideal size for a certain application, has to do with higher voltages as the Cap. get's filled more or something.
So would it be wise to switch back to the stock Capacitor?
The link is ok now, just downloaded the V212 software.

If someone could help me out with the Cap. size I would be very thankful.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:53 PM   #17715
Team Tekin

If you can't get the stock cap use a 16v 1000uf cap.