Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by sosidge
I won't.

But I wonder whether there is someone within the industry that could.
What will it change? Is every club/event in the world going to disallow someones race time because of it?

The fact that the ESC was/is ROAR legal should tell you enough about the loyalty Tekin has to its customers...
Old 10-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Does it really matter what the answer is? If they say "no" you all will accuse them of lying and cheating. If they say "yes" then they are cheaters as well. What difference does it make one way or the other? They have answered the question as best they can/want to and if its not good enough then move on to another brand if that answer doesnt satisfy you.

EA
Since sportsman is predicated on being non-timing I guess the answer does matter. Refusing to answer a very specific question but talking all day long to skate around it didn't feed the flames?
Old 10-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

if the sanctioning body feels that 208 was not within the sporting reg, then they should do something about it in the results. 208 was run at on-road nats if I am not mistaken. I have not seen the results change for that race. the IIC is scotty's race. 208 was legal for spec in that class as well. I have seen no adjustments in the results.

lets move on.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theisgroup
if the sanctioning body feels that 208 was not within the sporting reg, then they should do something about it in the results. 208 was run at on-road nats if I am not mistaken. I have not seen the results change for that race. the IIC is scotty's race. 208 was legal for spec in that class as well. I have seen no adjustments in the results.

lets move on.

I second that
Old 10-20-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Does it really matter what the answer is? If they say "no" you all will accuse them of lying and cheating. If they say "yes" then they are cheaters as well. What difference does it make one way or the other? They have answered the question as best they can/want to and if its not good enough then move on to another brand if that answer doesnt satisfy you.

EA
Does it really matter what the answer is ?

Yes !

If they say no you will accuse them of lying and cheating.

How do you know that ?

What difference does it make one way or another ?

If you don't know, well ....

They have answered the question the best they can/want to ....

Is that good enough for you ?

Like I said I race at a very competitive track and I spend alot of money to go as fast as I can and now because of Tekin dodging the question of timing in the 208 I will forever be asking the question after the race, 'are you running 208 or 212' ?
Old 10-20-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jag88

Yes !

How do you know that ?

Is that good enough for you ?

Like I said I race at a very competitive track and I spend alot of money to go as fast as I can and now because of Tekin dodging the question of timing in the 208 I will forever be asking the question after the race, 'are you running 208 or 212' ?
well thats easy to answer... if your winning with 212 who cares..... if not go back to 208 and see if you win then.... if its not run under roar rules and its at your local track its up to you... but if its run under roars rules it wont matter cause everyone will be using 212. get over it already.

Randy has said enough to you ppl I dont understand why you ppl keep carrying on!!!
Old 10-20-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No results will change for the same reason that you can't outlaw any cheating manufacturers from competition for a year, like someone wanted to do earlier in the thread.
ALL racers are the victim when putting their trust in the manufacturer to provide something thats legal, whether it be motors, batteries, or ESC software. It doesn't only effect the nonusers who see the disadvantage on the racetrack.
In the case of IIC, and whether Tekin's software had advance or not, you'd be expecting everybody in a Sportsman class to test their ESC's with oscilloscopes if you wanted to DQ them. That's IF the software had timing in it. It was ROAR approved and that's all the knowledge a racer is supposed to require in bringing a car that's legal to tech.

There simply isn't a method currently in place to penalize a cheating manufacturer, that doesn't also penalize the victims.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:25 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Yes !

How do you know that ? Because of how some people are acting on here....thats what they are looking for.

Is that good enough for you ? I know the answer....but me stating what the answer is still wouldnt shut some people up!!

Like someone else said if you are at a ROAR race you wotn have to worry about it. I know my track has already stated once released you can not run 208 in limited class anymore. And after running both I can tell you that there's no reason to want to run it.

EA
Old 10-20-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

where do you down load the 212????
Old 10-20-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=jjfo80;8098413.... if its not run under roar rules and its at your local track its up to you... [/QUOTE]

Your right, it is up to me and that's why I'm on hear trying to get an answer.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:33 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RTR canada
where do you down load the 212????
They put it up last night but with so many downloads the server crashed. They are working on it now.

EA
Old 10-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Your right, it is up to me and that's why I'm on hear trying to get an answer.
Well run which ever one wins... gee is it that hard to work out.... You shouldnt need numbers to tell you which is better if you have the choice of both work it out for yourself....
Old 10-20-2010, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

EA, you say you know the answer.
Why don't you go on record and tell us if there is more then zero degree timing in the sportsman spec profile ?
Old 10-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Let's set this record straight. Tekin chose to make 212 the ROAR approved software. We CHOSE to change the led's so ANYONE can see that the user is using 212.

The ROAR paved nats spec class was won by an LRP TC SPhere Comp, I know I was there.

At the IIC the majority of the guys running spec were already running Tekin. Why WOULD they switch if they already have it and know how it works. We dominated nearly EVERY stock anything class at that race spec or not.

The team has ran 208 vs. 212 already and told you there is no difference. Tekin has always used superior components and superior assembly techniques. A quote from a ROAR member " You can't blame them for building a better mouse trap" un-named.

Move on.

Guys we're still working on the server. If you need 212 right away hit me up on Live Chat I can give it to you there.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:57 AM
mok
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Randy, thanks again for the software via Live Chat.. much appreciated.
-Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.