R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-16-2010, 07:48 AM   #17461
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Chris is really a great guy,he has helped me over the phone also andI really appreciate him.
You are defined in life by how you respond to defeat!
hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #17462
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Motor timing can vary upon driver feel and temps. He's saying somewhere between 0 and 8 degrees.
Randy,
ah, ok thanks. i guess i was expecting something more like 12 to 24 degrees. i thought i had seen a '08 post by you indicating that you were running 4wd offroad with max endbell timing with good punch.

PS: i also agree that Tekin and especially you definitely go the extra mile in customer support. but sometimes our inner child gets too impatient and panics.

Timmig,
i am certain that whatever class you are entered in, there will be someone with an RS willing to share setup info. if nothing else you will have an equal footing with that racer.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:28 AM   #17463
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

I understand. I'm used to the "inner child" most of the time. I too can become impatient, it's human nature.

On a ligher note the team will be testing new software this weekend....some hot new features that I know EVERYONE will like

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #17464
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmig View Post
Thanks for getting back to me---but when your office tells me to email you --and I get an auto-response for something I didn't ask about--it's unusual. 3 calls and 3 emails-- no one at Tekin knows what's going on with software that's been out for a while? No information on the website---told to go to the "chat room" --only nobody there. I've been working in manufacturing sales for 35 years--if you have a question about my product line--I'll guarentee you can find me!!
Appreciate you got back to me same day!
Thank you
Tim
Just a thought.... How about YOU go spend a day at the track testing setups and then come back here and post the setup that works best for you?
Old 10-16-2010, 12:28 PM   #17465
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:

On a ligher note the team will be testing new software this weekend....some hot new features that I know EVERYONE will like
please do tell more ????
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:48 PM   #17466
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFKAOG View Post
Just a thought.... How about YOU go spend a day at the track testing setups and then come back here and post the setup that works best for you?
I totally agree. The set ups are there to help out or as a starting point. The team drivers don't know what track conditions you are running. Why buy the tekin if you dont want to try things out yourself. And it's also not tekin tech job to set you speedo up. Yeah tech help maybe but don't come on here moaning about them. There are alot of tekin users that will help you on settings but your going about it the wrong way mate.
Ps part of the fun of it is trying it out for yourself
Old 10-16-2010, 01:06 PM   #17467
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i was on the tekin forum last night and early this morning and saw no request for setup help. i was also on rctech last night and this morning and I saw several people making setup sugestions. All of which were all valid suggestions.

since 208 and 203 work the same when it comes to timing and turbo, i for one did not spend alot of time on the track, tekin forum and rctech posting more info. the info when 203 came out is all still valid and trev put a great how-to together. also starting setups were on the tekin website. I see at least one for each class for on-road.

I spent close to 60 hours the weekend 203 came out on the track posting starting setup and tuning comcepts. I think Randy and the team do a great job in putting info out to the race community as fast and we can. by the end of the first weekend, I think we were able to post both wide band and narrow band tuning concepts here on rctech. and within 2 weeks of the release of 203, I even had specific ideas on speedo tuning using the sentry data loggers.

i am sure there is always room for improvement, but the rc community is small and i believe most of us are here as volunteers to support the community. so have a little patience. i don't believe anyone intentionally ignores a request for help with tekin product

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #17468
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hiya been Yang?!

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 02:38 PM   #17469
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
please do tell more ????
could the new option be having the ability to switch from 208 to 203 settings using version 209?
Stock Car - Xray T3 EU Rubber, Modified Car - Xray T4 '14; Xray X1; Tamiya M-06, and I run all Tekin ESC's - Youtube Channel "CARCAR videos" or follow this link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7fp4qynjJzlXw13ocDpVAg - Facebook: CARCAR
MaxRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:18 PM   #17470
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Hiya been Yang?!
doing well. trying to keep up with these youngsters. lol

thought i saw you lurking the boards again. how's it hanging for you?

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:53 PM   #17471
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

No, we will really be INSISTING everyone swtich to this new version. The performance benefit is large and the feel has been greatly improved. I'll post up an official release when I'm given the green light and the software is public ready!

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:33 PM   #17472
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
No, we will really be INSISTING everyone switch to this new version. The performance benefit is large and the feel has been greatly improved. I'll post up an official release when I'm given the green light and the software is public ready!
You know when 198 came out i didn't think that the rs could get any better then 200,203 with the rpm option.it is amazing what today's electronics can do by a simple program option.i don't know why people come to tekin and then leave,i have had mine a few months since it was released and haven't thought about leaving yet.what the techies do in there hobbit holes for 8hrs a day to improve the rs's features is simply amazing.

ps,if the release is to the team in the next week and you could through a helpful non tekin driver(hint hint wink wink) a early release i have our next state race next weekend and would like to test 1s wgt.ha ha
Old 10-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #17473
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
You know when 198 came out i didn't think that the rs could get any better then 200,203 with the rpm option.it is amazing what today's electronics can do by a simple program option.i don't know why people come to tekin and then leave,i have had mine a few months since it was released and haven't thought about leaving yet.what the techies do in there hobbit holes for 8hrs a day to improve the rs's features is simply amazing.

ps,if the release is to the team in the next week and you could through a helpful non tekin driver(hint hint wink wink) a early release i have our next state race next weekend and would like to test 1s wgt.ha ha
I've not got it yet and I'm writing an updated guide for it! We just need to give them a little time to get everything sorted.

Jamie, I'm sure the guys have noticed your efforts. Personal opinion but if anyone deserves it you do. Good chance you won't have a problem with that by next weekend anyway though.

Trev
CARSrcracing.co.uk Webmaster
Schumacher Racing
TrevCoult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #17474
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

i know randy has my stuff,i dont bug him thats why i put the hint hint wink wink in
Old 10-16-2010, 06:38 PM   #17475
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
No, we will really be INSISTING everyone swtich to this new version. The performance benefit is large and the feel has been greatly improved. I'll post up an official release when I'm given the green light and the software is public ready!
dynamic or atleast variable drive frequency please..

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote