R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #16456
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_grey View Post
Got a brand new Tekin RS Pro ESC and downloaded the new Vegas and Hotwire software.

Did the update as per the instructions and ESC was updated to 208 as shown in the advanced tab. However upon restoring default settings, error message was displayed.

"Some of the user values are outside the expected range! Your esc may not be compatible with this version of Hotwire."

I get the same message when i connect the ESC after restarting Hotwire software!

Now my ESC doesnt even light up and beep when i hookup the battery and switch on the receiver!

When i try to load the deafult settings and save it several times.... there are times when the above error message appears but there are times when it says it has saved it. However when i click on the current settings button to check what is loaded into the ESC, it goes back to the previous setting and doesnt want to load the 208 default settings!

Help!!
Let's do this first. Don't hook up the esc, plug in the hotwire and start the software. Hit the "help" button and let us know what the software version is please.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #16457
Team Tekin

Default Mark Burts Tq and Roar National Champ Tekin RS Setup

Here it is. Understand that Mark was carrying more corner speed than most with this setup. He simply didn't slow down in the corners as much as the other drivers. His FDR with this setup was 6.14.
Attached Thumbnails
Tekin RS ESC sensored-mark-burt-expert-17.5-tc-roar-paved-nats.png  

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Old 08-12-2010, 12:55 PM   #16458
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Here it is. Understand that Mark was carrying more corner speed than most with this setup. He simply didn't slow down in the corners as much as the other drivers. His FDR with this setup was 6.14.
Mark lent to this setup to me at a local invitational race last month and it was fast and ran cool. This was a week or two before 208 was released but the only difference (and it may have been because of the track) is that were were running 5.9 FDR's.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:46 PM   #16459
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
I also was running a touch of negative timing on a duo 2. I have not tried it with positive motor timing or a duo1. So temp often your first run!
kartermdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:36 PM   #16460
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know this is an RS thread, and this is probably a stupid question... but i just picked up an RX8 and was curious if everything i have learned with the RS can be used as a foundation to tune my RX8, and do i install 208 on the RX8 as well?
Old 08-12-2010, 03:41 PM   #16461
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
I know this is an RS thread, and this is probably a stupid question... but i just picked up an RX8 and was curious if everything i have learned with the RS can be used as a foundation to tune my RX8, and do i install 208 on the RX8 as well?
From my understanding yes update to version 208. But don't run the motor sensored only. Everyone that I know using an RX8 is has had problem with heat running in sensored only mode. Run it in Dual mode and check out the release note for 208 give some good tips to get the most out of running the T8 motors.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #16462
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdude View Post
From my understanding yes update to version 208. But don't run the motor sensored only. Everyone that I know using an RX8 is has had problem with heat running in sensored only mode. Run it in Dual mode and check out the release note for 208 give some good tips to get the most out of running the T8 motors.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't even think it's possible to run the RX8 in sensored-only mode.
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:46 PM   #16463
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenmachine View Post
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't even think it's possible to run the RX8 in sensored-only mode.
i believe you are correct,still the dual drive with timing profiles
Old 08-12-2010, 07:05 PM   #16464
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenmachine View Post
Ok you are correct. I guess the guy that was telling me he was having problems with his was mistaken. I only run the MMP with a T8 motor in my 1/8 buggy.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #16465
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (99%+)

Your guys are wrong....

Yes, you can run an rx8 in sensored only mode. It was designed for sensored motors.

I am running an RX8 in my Jammin 4x4 in sensored mode with no problems at all. It does not get hotter than 97 degrees....

Read before you post.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #16466
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 150 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbckevin View Post
Your guys are wrong....

Yes, you can run an rx8 in sensored only mode. It was designed for sensored motors.

I am running an RX8 in my Jammin 4x4 in sensored mode with no problems at all. It does not get hotter than 97 degrees....

Read before you post.
No, you cannot run sensored only in the RX8. The RX8 may use sensors to start, but you cannot change the fact that it goes to dual mode once rolling. This was done because the tekin T8 motors (and any other quality 8th scale motor) will not run properly on the high amount of advanced timing provided by the sensors, so tekin wisely removed the option to prevent meltdowns from people trying to run boost on 8th scale motors.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #16467
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbckevin View Post
Your guys are wrong....

Read before you post.
I didn't say it doesn't run sensored motors, just that it doesn't run in sensored only mode. It does run in dual mode, however, which uses the sensors to start and then reverts to sensorless.

Read before you post lol.
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:49 PM   #16468
Team Tekin

The Rx8 cannot run sensored only mode...It DOES however run in dual mode which is a sensored start, sensorless drive.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:11 PM   #16469
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

And now back to RS discussions...LOL

Randy,

Do you have Mark B's WGT settings? He switched to an RS in his Darkside car for the A-main races. That gave him good speed on the back straight for Sunday.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #16470
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

lol Thanks guys... food for thought.