R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-09-2008, 09:10 AM   #1606
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
Can Lowell get the replacement parts?
he was going to call chad and ask. i have a 13.5 and a 10.5 that need the trees, as they are still fairly new. i hope he can for a minimal fee
mxzhonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:07 PM   #1607
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Fellow Racers,

The difference between 183 and 189 is the boost timing in sensored only mode.

183 was using motor timing alone.

189 offers motor timing PLUS boost timing to go over and above what anyone should need.

YOU MUST regear the car when you add timing boost. If you don't motor failure and lots of heat can occur which we all know is bad for laptimes.

There are no official instructions for this, that's why it's Beta. All that email it me for the software are getting a list of Tekin drivers in their area so they can receive help should they need it.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:24 PM   #1608
Tech Fanatic

Tekin, Great job on keep us updated!

I bought the RS and RSPro so that should anything new be learned about BL, I could update my ESC and my car out front.

As long as the updates keep comming, I'll keep replacing my GTB's and LRP's with Tekins.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:10 PM   #1609
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There were a lot of racers at Cleveland that were really struggling to find the correct gear with the speedo's that had increased timing.

I changed my gearing by a half inch of rollout when I cranked the timing up on my motor.

Just a hint, if your car sounds funny or has trouble starting up from a dead stop sometimes it has too much timing. I could crank the motor I had at Cleveland to the point that it wouldn't start up from a dead stop.
Fred_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:18 PM   #1610
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 150 (99%+)

That is the other bonus with the new boost...gearing becomes a little closer to normal
Old 12-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #1611
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 151 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Fellow Racers,

189 offers motor timing PLUS boost timing to go over and above what anyone should need.

YOU MUST regear the car when you add timing boost. If you don't motor failure and lots of heat can occur which we all know is bad for laptimes.

There are no official instructions for this, that's why it's Beta. All that email it me for the software are getting a list of Tekin drivers in their area so they can receive help should they need it.
So when using the 189 software, do you set the timing to 100% with the "dual mode" box checked (so that if the sensor cable falls off the motor still runs reasonably well), and then change the check box to "sensored mode" and set the boost timing independent of the "dual mode" timing?
ta_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:14 PM   #1612
EVS
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default red line

I am sold on the RS ESC, but how do the redline motors stack up to the hot 13.5s and 10.5s like the hackers, lrps and the pulse? What is the hot motor to run in these classes? Thanks
EVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #1613
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVS View Post
I am sold on the RS ESC, but how do the redline motors stack up to the hot 13.5s and 10.5s like the hackers, lrps and the pulse? What is the hot motor to run in these classes? Thanks
I took second place in a hotly contested championship on sunday, signing the fastest lap of anybody during the final as a bonus, using the RS and Redline 10.5 / tekin lipo.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:09 PM   #1614
Team Tekin

Yes, add 100 on the dual mode timing shoud something happen.

Then select sensored only.

Our motors stack up against all others out there. We've had great success all over the globe. Try one, I'm sure you'll like it.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Old 12-09-2008, 06:12 PM   #1615
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Hi Randy. I sent you an e mail.

Three words...

Ready... Steady... Confetti!!!! (gonna need a new one of those)
SpraydbySprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:52 PM   #1616
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

just installed the 189 software. the boost feature is nice. i set it to max just to mess around with the tires up in the air and wow talk about some RPM. I am running a Speedpassion 13.5 in my TC so the timing is fixed at 0 degrees anybody running the boost feature have a suggestion and where to start with the boost?

www.nexusracing.com
www.go-rc.org
shadow102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:01 PM   #1617
Team Tekin

If the SP 13.5 is stuck at 0 degrees try running this setup:

Sensored only, boost timing around 20 to 25.

You will have to do a big gear change as the motor will make quite a bit more rpm now.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:08 PM   #1618
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Quote:
If the SP 13.5 is stuck at 0 degrees try running this setup:

Sensored only, boost timing around 20 to 25.

You will have to do a big gear change as the motor will make quite a bit more rpm now.
Ok thanks i know when i had just straight hooked up my RS without going into the hot wire with my current gearing the motor never got hotter than 140. I just added some fans to the motor so i may be able to get away without having to change the gearing.

www.nexusracing.com
www.go-rc.org
shadow102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:48 PM   #1619
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Fellow Racers,

What about the guy who live in UK? I email you, but I do not know if there is team driver in uk.. .
lovezyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:19 PM   #1620
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Got to try the new 1.89 boost tonight. Very pleased. For anyone in New England definitely check in with Kenny, and as he mentioned he'll be on hand Sunday at RCE. http://rcexcitement.handruin.com/index.php?topic=5925.0

Some great support there as he doesn't even run dirt and is coming out on a dirt race day to get tekin faithful up to speed.
JoelV is offline   Reply With Quote